PDA

View Full Version : just my luck...

CrossdressinGoth
10-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Well sadly I lost my other job I had. I got fired for issues with production thanks to my wonderful helpers not knowing what they are doing, so because I was in charge of them I got the heat thrown at. As I have stated before, I have been trying to find out if the dressing is more then just clothes for me, which it has been. I've been living every moment of the days done up like a woman, expect for my new job for the simple fact, yes they can't discriminate, but they can easily pass up hiring me on at first. I went to the interview in male mode, got my position, and the first day sat and talked with HR about dressing. I explained to them that I am living out as a woman 24/7 to see how it truly sits with me. They are fine with this and ask that I just simply follow company policy. We have another meeting discussing more things about my doing things at work such as attire, footwear, makeup, etc... Hopefully this wont turn around and bite me in the behind. I did however get asked if Id ever consider helping our store, Walmart, get involved in GLBT activities to help spread the idea of diversity throughout all walks of life. I am defiantly going to do this :)

As tonight went on for my "first" official time out on the sales floor cashiering, I came across some sisters. I then after the first sister that came through my line, was told that many crossdressers, transvestites, and draq queens shop during my shift. This to me is an ironic situation because I've been coming out to the public more and more and now I have the chance to express the true me at work, and I get to now interact with fellow cd'ers in person. I was able to talk fashion with a couple for a few minutes and I found they are regulars at those time of nights throughout the week. Im so happy :battingeyelashes: If anyone comes to shop and is uncomfortable or nervous I hope that my presence may help them build confidence.

Well,just thought Id share this, maybe Im looking too much into things but Im just happy to be back in a customer service job again and now get more of an opportunity to interact with fellow sisters

MichelleSanders
10-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Wow! Thanks for sharing your news with us. I'm glad you got another job and I am really glad to hear what Walmart says about GLBT associates. Keep on spreading the word and keep on being an example for our community.

Thanks.

DemonicDaughter
10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
That is awesome! I can just imagine some extremely nervous, out for the first time cder walking into your store and stopping dead in their tracks for a moment when they finally see you. You could almost hear them give that sigh of relief and excitement from here. :D

I'm extremely proud that you are coming out, that you are braving the public in such a great way and that you are finding yourself while doing it. Its amazing.

:love:

Ze xx
10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
That sounds brilliant, well done you :cheer:

Gisele
10-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Congrats!

I wish you well in your new job. I also work at WM and have had a hard time finding any info on the WIRE about their position on our situation. I would love to one day come out and be the real me at work.

But, we have one preson that works there like myself and heard countless bad remarks about "her". She is pretty much in male mode while at work but is gay and acts like a girl. I have no problem with it and neither does a few women at work. They said she is very pretty when dressed.

I just don't want to cause waves while aboard our little boat at work. Plus living in a tiny town doesn't help our cause either.

For now I will be a good ole boy while at work but when at home it's nothing but being a total girl.

Carroll
10-03-2008, 07:47 AM
That is way cool!

Sandra
10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Good for you :) It's people like you that hopefully will make others realise that cders are just human beings, and have normal lives.

Stacye Rose
10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I've worked for The Big Blue Monster for a few years now and I must say I agree with Beth3. Best to play the Good Ol' Boy at work.

Several years ago I took some pictures of Stacye to Walgreens for developing (I wasn't about to get them developed where I work) Turns out the sister of a guy I work with did the developing. It's a small community, word got around in my store that I CD. The harassment has been subtle but very bitter. I've lost "friends" for no explicable reason, had people leave me holding things far too heavy for one person to lift, and been passed over for advancement because "I'm not suited for the position". My advice would be to tread VERY lightly, watch your back, and neverever trust Walmart.

Eileen
10-03-2008, 12:16 PM
One door closes and another opens. It did for men. I have been living and working f/t since early 2007. I interact with our guest, who come from all walks of life. Eileen applied for the job and has been there for over a year and a half. Companies are looking for good employees first. How you dress is not nearly as important as you being a good asset to the company.

Eileen