PDA

View Full Version : NOT the same halloween thread

Cristi
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
My halloween question I've got to work out is a bit different.

I've been using halloween, as many girls here do, as a 'get out of jail free card' type holiday for the past decade or so. The one day of the year when you can go out fully dressed and not really have much risk. Hey, it's just a costume!

But now, things have changed, Over the past 2 years, I've started going out on other days. While I still can't do quite as much as I'd like and still worry (probably a bit too much) about what people think, I AM getting out dressed, shopping and generally being out in public.

So what's the problem? Well basically, I'm starting to think of going out dressed as part of who I am. A REAL part of me. So the idea of going out on halloween and turning it into a 'costume' again is... not quite what I want, even though the 'no risk' freedom of the day is still a bit attractive.

I'm still not sure if I'm passing or not when I go out... some days, perhaps more than others. But on halloween I feel like I'm cheating. Like I'm losing ground and taking a step backward somehow.

OK... so I'm thinking that I'll probably end up dressing up and going out again anyway. What the heck, it is a good excuse to go out... but it just isn't the same as it once was. I guess what I need to do is find some kind of party to go to, and perhaps find a costume so I can go as some woman character... not just en femme.

Sally2005
10-03-2008, 10:25 PM
I hear you, in a way it is sort of like dressing up as yourself and I'm waiting for my wife to say 'are you going as a woman again?"...I'll probably correct her and say ...I went as a witch and a clown, but this year I am going as a real woman.

trannie T
10-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Cristi has posed an excellent question, she no longer needs an excuse to go out and wonders if going out on Halloween is a regression. I go out every Halloween, sometimes celebrating it for a few days and go out occasionally during the rest of the year. I venture farther on Halloween and it has become one of my favorite days of the year. I am more reserved and cautious the rest of the year.
My choice is to go out en femme every halloween, I hope Cristi is happy whatever she wears.

elusivebeauty
10-04-2008, 02:16 AM
With Halloween right around the corner, I really, Really want to go out. I am still afraid of being made, while I have been doing this for a while now, I have kept this a secret, but that's just not enough anymore. It's interesting to hear how it's easy to progress to do even more, I hope I eventually have the courage to do that aswell.

Karen_Ski
10-04-2008, 03:10 AM
I am en femme just about constantly with the exception of work and even there I am beginning to question why not so going out en femme n Halloween is just another day to me. Maybe I should go as a macho type male? I could never pull it off in real life so maybe on Halloween? :doh:

Beth-Lock
10-04-2008, 03:24 AM
I think there is a valid point to that. Among crossdressers' social clubs, Halloween is I think becoming increasingly, an uncelebrated holiday.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Even though I've dressed up for years, last Halloween was the day I chose to be fully dressed up away from home and at work for the first time. I chose an outfit that I've worn at home. Since I work with computers I called my female persona "IT Jane", I wasn't any particular girl or actress that is famous, I was just dressed as a woman. Wig, Bra, V-neck blouse, red mini skirt, Thong, nylons and pumps.

I can go dressed up again as an ordinary plain jane woman, but this year I am trying on a 50-60's era figure, Marilyn Monroe. It's hard work for someone my size to pull off. I am gathering the dress, nylons, breast forms, wig and jewelry to pull off the famous white dress blown upwards look. I have someone at work who has many CD friends and she is going to assist me with makeup (my weak point) and help transform me into an overweight but hopefuly sexy Marilyn. Can't wait.

When you dress almost everyday (not at work tho), going to work for Halloween dressed as a plain jane isn't as exciting, so I choose this year to dress as a famous woman the best I can. :battingeyelashes:

P.S. The Sarah Palin look would be good choice this year as a Halloween outfit. It would work for many people on this site.

Sally24
10-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Use Halloween like many natal women do.........an excuse to wear something they wouldn't dare to normally! Wear that mini skirt that hasn't seen the light of day. Pick something too tight, too high, too low cut, or too flashy. Just have fun with it!

Kristen Kelly
10-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Halloween has always been a big part for me in my progression. I waited for Halloween every year to intermix with people, and Halloween 4 years ago was my first time that I never went back into the closet after. I dress most of the time now other than work, but was not so last Halloween, and used the chance spend more time as Kristen at a place I had been going to for over 30 years where everyone working there knew me. I was away to a Dude ranch outside of Lake George NY, there with my GF for Halloween weekend, a time that is a singles weekend.

I dressed for Dinner and the party on that night. For dinner I was dressed in a light blue wrap top with a white lace bra peaking out and plenty of cleavage up over the top, my own hair was perfect, and my make-up was perfect too. I had on women's stretch jeans, turquoise jewelry and western high heel boots. I made sure I was the last to enter the dinning room and made a great entrance. Sat down at my assigned table and every one had met me in guy mode before, so they were shocked when they realized who I was. It was a singles weekend and there were 100 guests, 95 women, 5 guys, (2 turned out to be gay) and my table was all women. I know many of the people working there some for as long as I had been going there and they were shocked. After dinner they had a hayride, and I decided to ride, but the wagon was full, the cowboy that was driving the horse said’ “You can sit up here sweetie” well I shocked him when I climbed up and sat close to him in my guy voice said, “Hi”. He almost fell off the wagon trying to slide away from me.
That night at the costume party dressed as a Gypsy I won 1st place best guy costume, 3rd place best girl costume, and 3rd place over all, Danced up a storm on the dance floor showing off a little, how well I danced in heels.
The next day out on a trail ride a woman at my table was making conversation and commented that this was not the first time I had done this, I danced too well in heels, looked too good, but most of all every time I went to the dance floor I placed my purse by the column and after dancing never forgot to go back to get it. I was something I didn’t do that really gave me away.

Sara Jessica
10-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Use Halloween like many natal women do.........an excuse to wear something they wouldn't dare to normally! Wear that mini skirt that hasn't seen the light of day. Pick something too tight, too high, too low cut, or too flashy. Just have fun with it!

Kind of what I was thinking. Having done the Halloween thing a few times in my college years, I have pretty much zero interest in doing that now. Why? Because back then it was all about an excuse to get out in girl mode which I certainly don't need these days. However, if something came up and I was inclined to go out for Halloween, I'd go with a girl themed costume (ie - pirate girl) rather than just going out in everyday girl clothes.

tamarav
10-04-2008, 09:22 AM
For those of you who know of me, I rarely have a tendancy to pee on someone else's campfire. Halloween has become a non-holiday for me. I dress all the time for work and can get as wild as I want daily. I don't go to many parties anymore, I have a party in my own head every day.

I may go to a Halloween party as a pirate with a beard, if asked, but not as Tami. Tami is my real interpreation of feminine and I do not attempt to make light of that.

That's just me....

yms
10-04-2008, 09:31 AM
I am with you on this.

Several years ago, I happened to be out on Halloween during the day crossdressed and I stopped at a Merle Norman to buy a lip pencil. The sales girl, who was very young, put my pencil in a bag, handed it to me and said:

"Enjoy your holiday."

I was (almost) speechless. I said, "What holiday?" Not the smartest reply, but apparently sarcasm is dead because she said, "Halloween." At this point all I could say was, "Oh, you're right. Today is Halloween."

So, I agree. Halloween is a day when I usually don't crossdress.

Roberta Marie
10-04-2008, 12:35 PM
My wife and I will be at a retreat for crossdresses and their SO's, and they are having a Halloween party. As we were trying to decide what costumes that we could wear that would compliment each other, I found myself struggling to come up with 2 costumes for 2 women to wear, that go together as a couple. It's the first time I've had to think of a costume for myself that would be a cosutme that I would be wearing en femme, that would be a costume that a woman would wear. It's the first time that I've looked at Halloween from a woman's perspective.

Grace,
Bobbi

trisha59
10-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Halloween is a great time to shop but I compare the day to how Jackie Gleason felt about New years Eve. Its amateur night.