PDA

View Full Version : As Britney Sppears said "Oops, I did it Again"

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I recently revealed to my daughter my secret, that I crossdress. We'll "Oops, I did it Again" I emailed my son and revealed to him that his dad crossdress's. I am hoping that what my daughter said, that he knows already will make his response favorable. Here is the letter I sent to my son, his name is Jeff;

First off I want to let you know how much I love you, I love you more than you know and would never do anything to hurt you. I am proud of you for being a sensitive and caring person. Your relationship problems of recent weeks has shown that you have a moral character that is not commonly found with people today. Many people would have given up, I commend you on staying the course and not dumping Val, you obviously care for her very much and I am proud that you are not taking the easy way out. Anything that I can do, that I am able to please ask.

But enough of that, because of an recent event in Vicky’s life, a strong overwhelming desire to reveal something about myself surfaced that I need to tell you. I feel that now is the time. It is a secret that is hard for me to reveal, but that has been part of me for 35+ years, maybe longer. I personally think, you may already know my secret and hope that you will be able to accept this part of me and still love me as your Dad. The reason I have not revealed it before is simply this, I am afraid that if I revealed it, that you would turn away from me in disgust and never talk to me again. I hope that this does not happen, I love you and would be devastated if that happened. Here is my secret, I am a crossdresser and have been for over 35+ years, I don’t want to continue hiding this part of me, from my children and hope that you can accept me for me. Being a crossdresser does not mean I am gay, I am fully heterosexual and like women. It’s just that my temperament leans toward feminine things, I like wearing women’s clothes, I am very relaxed and comfortable when I’m dressed. I hope that you can accept me and still love me as your Dad.

I would ask one thing of you though, please don’t let your mom know, as she would say many hurtful things to other people about me. I was never able to explain my feelings and need to crossdress to your mom and don’t feel that I need too at this time or in the future. If it is problem for you I will limit how I dress in front of you and Val and will dress more conservatively, but be warned that if you come over unannounced you may meet Kimberly. I will answer any questions you may have, all you need to do is ask me. I am a member of a forum called www.crossdressers.com , my screen name is Kimberly51 you can search for posts from me or just browse the forum. There is also a section for family and loved ones, where they can post threads etc and ask questions.

I ask that give me an email back or a phone call to let me know your feelings. I want you to know that I love you very much, and hope that you have it within you to love me for me. I am still the same person and dad that you’ve had for 22 years. Only now you know the full me. Please love me for who I am.

Love Kimberly aka Dad

I don't know why, for me it is easier to communicate in a letter or email, it satisfies the chicken in me, the side that fears rejection in person. Needless to say I will be on pins and needles till he responds. I ask that my sisters keep me in their thought's and prayers. Love Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

joann426
10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
very well dun kimberly i am glad that you have told your family cause from now on you got it off your chest and when they come over your house you can be your self and be proud:)

vikki2020
10-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Kimberly, that is a very well written letter, and I know it had to be hard to send.I hope it all goes well,and it should.Good luck!

kay2
10-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Your letters to your children display a degree of courage that I admire. The example of honesty you have set for your children is one of the greatest things you could have done for them. I believe your integrity will be rewarded.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-03-2008, 10:40 PM
support. Its 11:30 PM for me and I'm going to go to bed. Will be back tomorrow. Thanks again for everyones support and kind words. :battingeyelashes: Kimberly

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Seems my kids don't check their email that often. Its been almost a week without a reply or phone call. I'm hoping that he hasn't taken it badly and doesn't want to talk to me. But I will probably call him soon to see if he'd like to talk.

Pray that he takes it well and fully accepts my crossdressing like my daughter did. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

gennee
10-08-2008, 07:37 PM
I commend you for sharing with your children that you crossdress. Your son might be digesting what you wrote. Give it time. My congrats to your daughter for accepting your cding. My wife and son accept my dressing. I feel so free and relaxed.

Gennee

:)

Angie G
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Kimberly I know that was a hard thing for you to do and I hope it turns out good hun.I think he will still love you as Dadand Kimberly.:hugs:
Angie

Sam44
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
When I told my older daughter (she was about 23 at the time) she didn't blink an eye. It didn't matter to her at all.

My younger daughter visited unexpectedly (they both have keys to the house) when I was dressed up and tho she seemed to take it well, apparently it was a big shock to her. She talked to my other daughter who somehow made everything OK. I don't know what they talked about but the kids are both fine and their boyfriends are cool as well.

For that matter one of my brothers is just about as "redneck" as they come, but it doesn't matter a hoot to him either.

I hope things work well for you: in my experience kids these days are quite open minded.

susan fuller
10-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Wishing you the best of luck. Hope he takes it well.

qaws123uk
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Hope it goes well!!

Jennifer Cox
10-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi Kimberly, don't feel you've chickened out for writing a letter. You've told the truth about yourself so you should be proud. Personally, I think it's a great idea since it lets you explain yourself without emotions getting out of hand.

When I've tried having important discussions with my SO, it often comes out totally different to what's in my head. Maybe next time I'll consider writing a letter. :)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Here's the letter my son sent me:

Dad Im happy that you've opened up to me and told me this big secret, believe me Vicky and I knew something but not to what extent and I'm very happy that you've found a outlet for yourself, dad, you know we love you and you can't say or do anything to make us not love you. I will never look harshly upon you for this.

Thank you for being there for me when I was going through what I did with Val, things are good right now were trying to figure out what we both want out of our relationship and still be able to do the things in our life that mean alot to us.

Love you Dad,

With my son knowing about my crossdressing I am free to dress without fear of my kids rejecting me. Now I can dress in front of strangers and be more comfortable, because the people that matter the most to me, know that I dress and they still love me.

Now I just need to decide how important it is to let my older brother know and possibly my Uncle. They both live out of state..my Uncle would probably be okay with it as long as I didn't dress too girly in front of him. My brother I don't think he'd understand at all. I'd love to hear opinions has to whether to say anything to them or keep quiet for now. :battingeyelashes:

Sam44
10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
As I mentioned I've told my brothers and kids. Strangely enough I'd be comfortable telling my mom and almost all of my aunts and uncles before my dad. Even so I think my dad knows and loves me anyway.

I've worn women's slacks and bras with breast enhancers when I visit my parents for the last few years and I know that just about everyone has felt my bra straps when they hug me.

Personally I'm not in a big hurry to explicitly come out to my extended family, tho I'm happy to talk about things if the subject comes up.

Alex!
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
You raised some good kids there :)

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Thank you Andrea for you wonderful compliment. :battingeyelashes:

trisha59
10-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Your kids are a reflection of you. You are a wise and noble person.
Trisha

mykhelee
10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I have four daughters...children snoop through their parents room when the folks are at work. Two of my daughters are aghast at the idea dad becomes Khelli when the opportunity arises, one doesn't care. My eldest is a manager at a women's clothing store, can't fit the clothes..juniors only..she keeps me posted when some snazzy boots or shoes go on sale. We wear the same size so if the heel fits.:D