PDA

View Full Version : Time to get "out" and find friends.

Nicole Erin
10-04-2008, 01:32 PM
There is all this debate about being out or closeted.

We know the risks of being out, but what about the advantages?

Last weekend was one of my bad ones, had a few comments...

But this week, have made at least 2 new friends. 2 here and maybe more real life ones this week...
One of them I am thankful she didn't turn away when I asked her about something that may have been out of line. And she is way cool like I never imagined. And she knows I like the band Metal Church.

Another one, yeah she REALLY thinks her car could beat my little red cavy, until she has to stop for gas. :D I told her about some things to do in a nearby city of hers. We talk often.

Plus, I was out walking today and stopped by a friends house, she was having a yard sale again. She told me about a co-worker of hers who is CD. I gave her my contact info and said "Can you pass this along?" I hope this new sister I have not met, well I better be careful, I don't want her to find out I am a psycho. :heehee:

Another was a guy I was chatting with last night on yahoo. We both live in Indy.

It's like this folks - once you get out of hiding and start meeting new GLBT friends, you will find you have a LOT of family out there.

For each friend you lose, there are probably 5 prospects for new friends, ones you don't have to hide your femme self from. It may take a little time to meet them but trust me, you don't know how much family we have. But you gotta free yourself...

Erin

tricia_uktv
10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
I'd go with that Erin. Since I've started openly doing it I have a whole set of new friends. We are much closer than the friends I had and much more supportive of each other.