PDA

View Full Version : Hearing other people's/stranger's conversations about dressing...

heathr1
10-05-2008, 11:49 AM
I've posted before, I think, about a GG who cuts my hair, who some time ago was sat at the next table to me in a coffee shop, with her sister and young nephew.

The nephew told his mother that the aunt had tried to persuade him to let her put lipstick on him and the mother and aunt both agreed it was a cute idea.

Today, while in the supermarket, I was in the queue at the checkout and a young boy was complaining and upset. The father, shockingly told him to stop being a girl and the GG sales assistant behind the till said to the boy 'Your'e not a girl, I'm sure. Haveyou got a dress then?'.

Any overheard conversations?

Deborah Jane
10-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Brian take off my dress
Brian take off my tights
Brian take off my panties

And if i ever catch you wearing my clothes again, we,re finished!!

TGMarla
10-05-2008, 12:11 PM
"No balls!....Why don't you put a skirt on?....What are you, some kind of girl?.....

And on and on and on. It's like society sees women as second-class citizens. For much of history, this is very much the way it was for women. We in America and in some other 1st world nations, have taken great strides to change this situation so that women are seen, at least legally, as equal to men.

Laws can change, but societal behaviors are slower to do so. There is still a lot of that ingrained prejudice in the world. Women are quite often better human beings than men are, another reason I like "being" one so much.

We've all heard such conversations. When the subject of crossdressing comes up, most men (and some women) will laugh derisively at such a notion and make snide comments about "faggots" and "fairies". So much ignorance leads to misleading and incorrect comments that other uninformed people regard as truth and common knowledge.

I, for one, regard such conversations as the spew of the ignorant.

Jessicaparkson
10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
In a Starbucks on a Washington Ferry terminal.

"Son. Why are you so $^$^%&%$^ up?"
Boy fights back tears
"I never pushed you hard. I never demanded you be perfect. I never even beat you. I treated you like a man. And this,this,THIS is what I get?"
Boy cries
"Son. If you want to dress like a $@% then fine."
"Dad,I'm not gay though...."
"Fine. I'll drive you home"

I wanted to say something but I didn't have the chance. Felt really sorry for the kid too. He had no have been no older than 15.

Tracii G
10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh man that kids Dad is a tool.Poor kid he just likes pretty clothes what wrong with that?

bimini1
10-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I heard one at work last night a girl got to talking about gays and TS. She said they were all freaks and sick. It really weirded me out and I have been depressed all day about it. I should have said something but I was so mad at the time I just couldn't even think.
And she is a fairly sweet girl too. But her ignorance was front and center last night.

Toni_Lynn
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I'll always remember standing in line at a Target store, in drab, but wearing my earrings (just diamond studs) and of course with my long hair, when a little girl said, 'Look mom, that girl is a boy'.

But then I also remember the weird things my mum would say .. bear in mind that she abused me emotionally because of my CDing.

Upon seeing Flip Wilson on TV doing his Geraldine character, 'Doesn't he make a good looking women!'

Upon seeing Boy George on TV, 'He makes me wanna puke up!'

*sigh*

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
if we dont speak up then the ignorance will continue...

why should ONLY the girls get to wear all the fun/pretty clothes???

shani
10-05-2008, 05:16 PM
wow am i a klutz. i play golf every saturday and yes would love to one day play dressed, but i have done this myself just not thinking i suppose, i was playing with a lady gg member and i hit a bad shot. i then went crook at myself saying i hit like a big girl. well did i get the biggest greasy from her and she wouldn't talk to me. her husband told me not to worry, so i'm sorry i just wish i was

Annie D
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
As a high school teacher, I hear comments from students, boys especially, that something is "so gay" or someone is "acting gay" several times during the school year. Although I don't admonish the student, I do counsel them to be careful about what they say because they might never know who, like a best friend or brother or sister, who might come out to them or they find out that they are gay or transgendered. I also tell them that there will be undoubtedly someone in their lifetime who they respect or maybe even love that might be "different" from them.

We have come a long way in the past 25 years and we still have a long way to go but I do see society changing. Whenever we hear something derogatory said about race, gender, religion or anything that might make ones blood boil, we need to step forward and take action, even if with words alone. I am not publically out but I really don't care what someone thinks about me when I defend someone's right to do what they want without jeopordizing someones safety or well being.

Tracii G
10-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats a good idea Annie explaining that there are different people out in the world and to treat them with respect.Hear hear!

Nicole Erin
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I was at the laundromat the other day in my 1/2 femme mode, wearing some low heel sandals and some little brat girl was saying "Mommy, that boy is wearing girl's shoes..."

FlygrlChristy
10-06-2008, 12:55 AM
As a high school teacher, I hear comments from students, boys especially, that something is "so gay" or someone is "acting gay" several times during the school year. Although I don't admonish the student, I do counsel them to be careful about what they say because they might never know who, like a best friend or brother or sister, who might come out to them or they find out that they are gay or transgendered. I also tell them that there will be undoubtedly someone in their lifetime who they respect or maybe even love that might be "different" from them.

We have come a long way in the past 25 years and we still have a long way to go but I do see society changing. Whenever we hear something derogatory said about race, gender, religion or anything that might make ones blood boil, we need to step forward and take action, even if with words alone. I am not publically out but I really don't care what someone thinks about me when I defend someone's right to do what they want without jeopordizing someones safety or well being.

Kudos to you Annie, for changing attitudes about the human race one young impressionable mind at a time. Tolerance and acceptance should be the goal of everyone, the world would be a much better and safer place.:hugs::thumbsup::)

Christy

curse within
10-06-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm thinking I could take rude comments from strangers it really doesn't bother me ,people like that are ignorant who are they to judge a stranger? Nine times out of ten of those who make rude comments are jealous because they do not have the balls to express themselfs in public in that fashion it's something they want to do but don't.
Now to hear it from family and friends.. that's when it hurts, then again it is because of knowing you they feel embarrassed for you or themselfs it is a soceity issue that is not understood but it is catching on. When my daughter was in Jr High a lot of boys wore female jeans,shirts and some wore dresses not femme but dresses still. Is a passing fad or things to come like when women started wearing jeans and Tshirts?

Chari
10-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Before school started, saw a Mom, daughter about 12, and younger son about 8, shopping in Target's girl section. Mom insisted daughter "take son into changing room to help him put on entire outfit" as she handed a dress, tights, pink tennies, & a package of girls underwear to her daughter. Later saw those three in the cosmetic section - he(?) was in a dress, white tights, pink tennies, little hair clips, & carring a small purse. Telling his Mom as she applied some lipstick to him, he said "Mommy, I finally look pretty too"! Mom replied "yes darling you look very pretty".

Bridged
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I was thinking about posting this story just this morning!
I work as a waitress in a chain restaurant and another server came into the kitchen and announced that she had a customer and couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl! Then began the parade of servers walking by the table trying to get a good look and coming back to the kitchen to give their opinion. I finally spoke up just saying that it probably didn't matter whether the guest was male or female, was just there for dinner, but IF this guest was a male dressed as a female it wasn't very nice of all of us to be making a spectacle of her. I kept it light hearted, as none of them meant any harm, I only wish that had been my table, so as to prevent the whole scene to begin with.