PDA

View Full Version : I had such a great day last week

Sometimes Steffi
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I had such a great day last week that I just had to tell someone about it -- someone who would appreciate it.

Last year I won this beautiful fuchsia bride's maid dress with a mermaid train on eBay. Unfortunately, it was too small for me in the bodice. I couldn't fit into it even after putting on my tightest body shaper.

I was thinking about selling it, but it was too pretty to part with. So, I thought I'd try to find a tailor to let it out. I decided to wait until close to Halloween, so at least I would have a cover story.

However, it looks like it may even work out better than I could have hoped for.

I found this small tailor shop that was off the beaten path. I checked it out, and it appeared to offer more complex tailoring services than the repairs that you might get at your local dry cleaner. In addition, it looked safe, without a lot of traffic, and not a place where I’d meet anyone I knew. I brought the fuchsia gown to be altered, with the idea that I could always claim it was for Halloween if things got a little dicey.

I went to the tailor in full male mode. I arrived just as the tailor was finishing off with another customer. She asked me what I wanted, and I said I could wait until she finished with the existing customer. After the customer left, I brought out the gown and told her that it was too small and I was wondering if she could let it out. She looked at the seams and said there wasn’t enough extra material and that she would need to get more material. She asked me how much I needed it let out, and I said a couple of inches. She said that she could get some matching material and let out the sides.

Then I told her that the gown was for me, and asked if I could try it on so she could make sure how much it needed to be let out. So she led me to a dressing room, and I tried it on as I would be wearing it, with a stuffed bra. When I got out, she looked at the back of the gown, where she could clearly see the strap of the bra that I was wearing, and said that she would need to let it out 5 inches.

Then she surprised me. She asked if I wanted to buy a gown. She said that she had a gown to sell and she brought out a beautiful, heavily-beaded, long, red evening gown. I told her I’d like to try it on. As I was getting into the red qown, she said that she had more gowns and she burst into the dressing room with 4 more gowns. By this time I had stepped into the red gown, and she helped fasten the collar piece that I was having trouble reaching. I tried on two of the other gowns, a shorter red one and a two-piece purple one. I didn’t try on the other two, because I wasn’t that excited about the colors, but I think I’ll try them on when I go back to pick up my altered gown.

As a result, I left my original gown to be altered and bought the red beaded one that I tried on there. I spent more money on each gown than
I’ve ever spent on any femme clothing before, but, as they say, I’m worth it.

I guess it really is like everyone says. If you act nicely and confidently, and pay with green paper with pictures of dead presidents on it, people will treat you with respect.

debbeelee1
10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Good for you Steffi! You took a chance and it really paid off. You only live once, gotta go for it while you can!

Sometimes Steffi
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
I picked up my fuchsia bride's maid's gown, and it fits great. I can wait to get a chance to wear it.

But I did have a real close call. While I was in the dressing room trying on the gown to make sure it fit, I heard a couple of men come in. Fortunately, they left very quickly. I thought I was going to get stuck in the dressing room until they left.

All I could think of was if they had come in 5 minutes later they would have seen me fully dressed twirling in front of the mirror.

I don't really know what it is, but I don't mind if a woman figures out that I CD, but I don't like guys to figure it out. Do others feel this way?

Sammy777
10-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't really know what it is, but I don't mind if a woman figures out that I CD, but I don't like guys to figure it out. Do others feel this way?

Probably everybody, I know I do, lol.
If I happen to be caught I would much rather have in done by a female family member or friend then any male friend/family member.
I also already know that when it is time for me to come out it will first be to a girl.

Back to you, lol.
Good for you! Not only did you find a great place to get other work done but I'm sure they will always have something new for you to buy.

mykhelee
10-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I have had great service when the SA knew I was buying for me and some that acted like I was something to be scraped off of a heel.
Recent great experience: Sally Beauty Supply & Target
Bad Experience: Wal-Mart as usual.

I came out to a couple of ggf's who were girlfriends first. They are responsible for my avatar pic. They convinced me I looked good enough to go out. Most of my male friends I have told freaked, only 3 know and they just don't get it. My most recent ex thinks I'm a freak, but 3 of 4 daughters are good with it and actually help me.