PDA

View Full Version : CD on "What not to wear"

_Cecilie_
10-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't that be great? I came to think of the idea while my wife was watching the show while I got dressed. Though it probably would be hard to find a candidate it would be great to watch I think :heehee:

Nicole Erin
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
That would be hilarious.

Maybe when people have God-awful wigs, that would be one "what not to wear".

Kimkandy
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Or a CD Chart show where there was a top twenty CD's chart... hey wait I think they did that but it was compact disc's.

CD's about town, does my bum look big in this... a show about CD'ing on mainstream TV would be something and could probably happen sometime.

Kim :dom:

Crystal Alberta
10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
I remember seeing something of this sort years ago, on Maury Povich, or Jenny Jones, or some show like that. They would get a few CDs together, and give them CD makeovers. It's not "What Not to Wear," though.

Crystal

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-05-2008, 07:20 PM
NOT a good idea with that nylon/pantyhose hatin witch who hosts the show..
wont be anything left for the poor cd to wear after she gets done....:2c:

and i say witch because she still likes those witchtoe pointed heels that went out of style 5 minutes after they hit the runways...:brolleyes:

_Cecilie_
10-05-2008, 07:23 PM

and i say witch because she still likes those witchtoe pointed heels that went out of style 5 minutes after they hit the runways...:brolleyes:

true :doh:

Raychel
10-05-2008, 07:44 PM

I have to agree here, I would hate for those 2 to show up and throw out all the things that I have so carefully purchased. Besides I really dislike that witch also. :devil:

Angie G
10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Well if they give me big money to shop I'd really think about it hun.:hugs:
Angie

Jessicaparkson
10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
I actually just finished watching that show and thought the same thing lol

Kim_Bitzflick
10-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't that be great? I came to think of the idea while my wife was watching the show while I got dressed. Though it probably would be hard to find a candidate it would be great to watch I think :heehee:

I thought about the same thing just last week!!!

Are we all connected by some unknown ESP?????

Rogina B
10-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Who Appointed Them The Fashion Experts,anyway? I Often Wonder How Clinton Can Even Know So Much About Women's Clothing If He Hasn't Worn It Himself. And,their Shoe Choices Aren't So Hot Either As Well As The Constant "something A Drag Queen Would Wear" It Would Be Great To Have Good Looking Cd's On A Show..

Karren H
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
There was a crossdresser on WNTW once.. It was a New Years special... And they were talking about up coming fashions... And it was a series of people asking questions when this good looking girl came on.. Nice makeup.. But when she spoke it was with a male Broklyn accent.. She askes how about fashions for her? And the screen panned to Stacy and Clinton who had this puzzled look on their face and said something like "okkkk... Next".

Definately making fun of her...

VeronicaMoonlit
10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
That would be hilarious.

Maybe when people have God-awful wigs, that would be one "what not to wear".

Heh. That's the biggest issue I think.

I don't think she really hates pantyhose, she just knows that they simply aren't currently in fashion and has no emotional investment in wearing them.

Oh they're still in style, pointy is forever. Ignore the round toe and peep toe mafia that show up every few years. :-)

Who Appointed Them The Fashion Experts,anyway? I Often Wonder How Clinton Can Even Know So Much About Women's Clothing If He Hasn't Worn It Himself.

From

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacy_London

London began her career in the fashion industry as a fashion assistant at Vogue magazine and later returned to Conde Nast as the senior fashion editor at Mademoiselle. She has styled fashion photos for other editorial publications, including Italian D, Nylon, and Contents. London has worked with a number of celebrities including Kate Winslet and Liv Tyler, as well as on fashion shows for designers such as Rebecca Taylor, Ghost, and Vivienne Tam.

Since 2003, London has worked on numerous advertising campaigns. Her client roster includes Hanes, Wonderbra, Bali, Procter & Gamble, Covergirl, Suave, Target, Levi Strauss & Co., Maytag, Swatch USA, Longines and Calvin Klein. She can also be seen in recent Macy's commercials. She was also a spokesperson for Fresca.

I would consider working at Vogue and being senior fashion editor at the late great Mademoiselle to be serious fashionista qualifications.

As for Clinton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Kelly_(TV_personality)

Kelly also attained his master's degree in journalism (MSJ), specifically in magazine publishing, from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University, in 1993. Before becoming co-host of What Not to Wear, Kelly worked as a freelance writer and editor at several publications in New York. He was the executive editor of Daily News Record, a New York-based weekly men's fashion and retail trade magazine. Before that, he was an editor at Marie Claire and a deputy-editor at Mademoiselle, where he was also a contributor under the pseudonym "Joe L’Amour".

Also serious fashionista qualifications, you don't have to wear the fashions to know about the fashions. Remember quite a few designers don't wear the fashions they design. Lagerfeld, Lauren, Blahnik, Louboutin.

They know their stuff....it's Carmindy you have to watch out for with her using...shudder....Great Lash. (Though that's the only major quibble I have with her.)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Sara Jessica
10-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Well researched Veronica!!!

I happen to like the show, I think Stacy is a kick!

_Cecilie_
10-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I think fashion is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but some cases did need some encouraging :)

tricia_uktv
10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Hmm, thinks!