PDA

View Full Version : Line of progression

trisha59
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
As I have been reading through these posts I find it amazing and quite comforting in the fact that our stories are almost identical in how we progressed in our cross dressing.
It seems that so many of us started out by sneaking into our sisters closet and trying on their panties or our Mom's closet if you didn't have your sisters to steel from, progressing to their tights and skirts. Then one time we saw the bra and tried that on using pantyhose or socks for stuffing, and naturally we would Just have to try their shoes on.
Some time down the road we got brave and with hands shaking bought our very own first pair of nylons. In my case No Nonsense from the grocery store suntan shade. Bit by bit we progressed to dressing totally female with our own wigs and enough clothes to fill our own closet. We then venturing out usually late at night for a drive and finally coming out and going to clubs or shopping with our girlfriends.
It seems that there is a CD line of progression and we are all somewhere along that line. Does anyone know of a (for lack of a better word) a timeline, chart or graph out there so we can see where we are and where we are heading?
I hope all this makes since.
Trisha

tamarav
10-06-2008, 12:22 PM
It just seems to be a human trait. We learn somehting and then try to improve on it, ad infinitum. Many of us don't quit for any reason.

Heck, I have been at it for over 50 years and I practice daily and still don't really have it down...

Tami

maid phylis
10-06-2008, 12:25 PM
dear trish.well thats exactly how i started .i tried on a pair of my mothers nylons when i was around five years old and that was my beginnnig.and as you wrote we all fall into that round hole,or rabbit hole like alice.:love:phylisanne

Joanne f
10-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I would not call it a line of progression ,more like the slippery slope :devil:.

ordinary people, heaven :evilbegon
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
cross dressers , hell
:devil::devil: :dammit::naughty

joanne :fairy2:

Sarah...
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know of a (for lack of a better word) a timeline, chart or graph out there so we can see where we are and where we are heading?
I hope all this makes since.
Trisha

I can't even draw a timeline of where I'm heading let alone a timeline of where we're all heading!!

And anyway where I want to head and where I may actually head are likely to be two very different things. My progress will be informed by what happens day to day, who I meet, who my SO meets, who we meet together, what we read, what we believe in, what we do for a living, when we want to retire etc etc. In other words there are so many variables that planning all this gets in the way of living. So we just get on with living. You might call it the organic approach! Anyway, after half a lifetime working in planning type roles I ain't doing it no more!!!

:love:

Sarah...

charlie
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe your timeline holds! I think the only difference is the speed in which we travel it.

trisha59
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Sarah...;1449789]I can't even draw a timeline of where I'm heading let alone a timeline of where we're all heading!!

Maybe time line is a poor choice of words. I guess what I'm really interested in, is how similar all of our experiences have been. For instance when I was in high school I wanted to wear my pantyhose to school. I was so scared that somebody might see them that I cut off the legs and just wore the panty part. I don't know why I thought that that was the best solution. For so long I thought that I was the only one to do this but now I'm sure that we all cut the legs off a perfectly good pair of pantyhose so we could indulge our desire.
Trisha

Cristi
10-06-2008, 07:23 PM
I always think of a book that I read in high school called 'Passages'. It is about all of the common stages that we all go through as we develop from childhood through old age.

I've always thought that there could certainly be a 'Passages' of crossdressing, much like you've described, since a large majority of us appear to have gone through many of the same stages. Maybe we went through them at different AGES, since people 'discover' crossdressing at different times of their lives and also have to put it on the back burner at times.

Here is the updated version of that book that I first read in the last 70s (link to Amazon.com):
http://www.amazon.com/Passages-Predictable-Crises-Adult-Life/dp/034547922X/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223338723&sr=8-1

ColleenW
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Trisha -

I think you're on to something. You're story is very much like mine:)

Veronica27
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM
I was so scared that somebody might see them that I cut off the legs and just wore the panty part. I don't know why I thought that that was the best solution. For so long I thought that I was the only one to do this but now I'm sure that we all cut the legs off a perfectly good pair of pantyhose so we could indulge our desire.
Trisha[/QUOTE]

Hi Trisha

I frequently cut off the legs of pantyhose but for an entirely different reason than the one you mentioned. If the panty portion tears or runs, but the legs are still good, I use them as stockings and attach them to the garters on my long line. If the legs get a run, but the panty is in good condition, I use the panty over another pair of pantyhose, to keep the top of the pantyhose from rolling down and becoming uncomfortable. As I am quite tall, with long legs, it is difficult to find a good fitting pair, and there is always a lot of downward pressure on my pantyhose as I move and walk around. An extra one or two panty portions over top, help keep everything in place, as they do not have the downward pressure from the legs. These extra panty portions, also help to keep my hip pads in place. This is no good in the hot weather however, as all that nylon can become quite warm.

All the best

Veronica

CD Susan
10-06-2008, 11:05 PM
[QUOTE=joanne f;1449747]I would not call it a line of progression ,more like the slippery slope

I would have to agree with this . We are not all the same as far as our progression. I started doing this at around age 7 like most of us did at an early age and find it hard to understand how some of us started at a later stage in life like in thier 40's or 50's. We are all the same in one regard but yet we are all different too.

Donna tv
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes Trish I do agree about the progression. Probably around the age of 7 or so I remember how good it made me feel to sneak into a pair of Mom's high heels. For me it has always been a progression from then and going forward. For example if the heels felt so wonderful what would nylons and heels feel like? Of course we all know how it goes on from there. As we get older and have worn most of the outfits that we have all wanted to wear, in some but not all, the next progression was to venture to the outdoors for that next "Rush" or whatever that pleasurable feeling was that we all received when ever we were en femme. Not sure where it goes from this point on, but so looking forward to finding out

Karren H
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah!! Like the location maps at DisneyWorld? "You are here".. That way you can figure out which ride you want to choose next... Or if you want to get off a ride early because it ends somewhere scarry!! Hahaha. Watch out for the SRS Experss!! They kick you out of the park after your done with that one!! Lol

Never seen one but if you want to make one?? That would be cool!!

trisha59
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Karren you got it exactly we all need those Disney maps.
Trisha

Bonnie D
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
My line of progression varies a bit from others because most here are cds only. I started at 11 years old and directly to trying on all my mother's sexy black clothes (I had no sisters). Rolled up socks stuffed in the bra cups. Clip on earrings, necklace and some bright red lipstick. Back then pantyhose didn't exist, I have never been a big fan of them anyway. Her heels fit nicely. Each night I would go to sleep and pray and wish and dream that I would wake up in the morning and be a girl. It still hasn't happened. My progression continued with fantasizing about being a girl and having sex with a boy or a man. I eventually had sex with men but not dressed as a girl. By that time I had bought babydoll sets at some lingerie stores. Later, panties, stockings and garterbelts. Heels were next and then a wig. Dresses and some makeup and then skirts, blouses, corsets, more wigs, etc, etc, etc. There were spaces between all this, some long, some short, and I got married somewhere in there. I thought it would all go away and I would become a normal male, a normal husband and a normal father. I was all that as far as everyone could see but my other side did not go away. I kept it well hidden. Eventually I began living a 'double' life.

I would like to be able to go back along my progressive timeline to somewhere before I got married and say, "Here! Here is where I come out of the closet and stop hiding. Here is where I accept who I really am and begin to change things. Here is where my road starts and begin planning on how to become a woman."

But I can't. My wife now knows everything, well almost, and I am now living on my own. Circumstances now will not permit me, or rather I choose not persue hormones and SRS and public openness since I will lose more than I will gain.

My timeline continues. A some point I can see it stopping. The question is when? If I go back to my wife then it will stop soon. If I don't go back then it will stop later but I cannot see that far down the line.

Bonnie

Alys
10-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't say I ever had the 'sneaking into sisters/mothers' clothes moment that many people seem to. I always brought my own stockings, and my own makeup and while many of my earlier girlie items of clothing were borrowed from friends; it was always them offering the loan :3 I guess I'm not your typical transgirl though, because I didn't realize I was transitioning until most every other one of my friends knew before me~ XD

Samantha Kelsey
10-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Oh.. what will become of me!
A crystal ball would help

Sarah...
10-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Watch out for the SRS Experss!! They kick you out of the park after your done with that one!! Lol

:lol:

Priceless!!

Sarah...

trisha59
10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Trisha, I don't think you're right.

But my other reason is this: that I object to the suggestion that there is any kind of inevitability in this.

Katie B

I hope that I didn't come across as saying there is only one road that We are all on and we are all heading to the same final destination. If that is how it came out its do to my clumsy writing and or my lack of experience with these computer postings. I know that there are as many different types of CDers as there are people. I happen to belong to one of these types that seem to share many of the same progressions albeit at our own pace. For instance there came a point in my CD when I decided that this side of me should have a name and Trisha was born. I wasn't Trisha when I tried on my first pair of nylons but I am now. When I decided on Trisha I thought that I might be heading towards the split personality zone. But then I found this site and I saw that others have come to this point too.

Hinata
10-07-2008, 04:31 PM
How about a "choose your adventure" type of line. One where you don't know what will happen , but it's part of the journey. Altho I do like the map idea! I'm not sure about the dizney part, what about a zoo?
:2c:
Hinata