PDA

View Full Version : Gee,I only lasted 48 hours

jill s
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Two days ago I went into a bad funk and told myself no more dressing, removed the toenail polish, was planning were to dump the few cloths I have let in hiding. Well today was an unplanned day off and not an hour after my wife left for work I found myself in a house dress and sandals. This is the fastest turn around after a purge I have ever had. I feel worn out from struggling with myself over this issue. At Least I didn't go though weeks of feeling like I would explode like usual.

Tracii G
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Dressing is a part of you don't repress it you may have to lay low for a while but its not the end of the world beleive me.
I know some people have very large ups and downs on a daily basis but remember try having some sense of balance to everthing you do.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Vickii*
10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Strange. I don't seem to have this problem. I haven't dressed up in over two years and I don't feel like I'm going to explode. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to dress up entirely like a girl, but I just don't have the time or privacy.

Nicole Erin
10-06-2008, 04:04 PM
HA! Well don't do a purge where you get rid of it all. You kept back one outfit I assume, the dress and sandals.

Ask any CD who has tried to give it up, it comes back. Oh yes, she will again immerge.

I "kind of" quit the CD life for about 3 years. I mean there was still the things like hosiery and little stuff but I didn't associate with other CDs and just never went out en femme. I never even thought about it.

Then about 2 years ago, it hit me again real hard. Erin decided to be a total bitch and take over in a lot of ways. I think if I supress her again for too long, she will have me do something REALLY stupid even worse than some of my stunts in the past.

Let your inner woman out and let her enjoy life, she can be a real bitch if you try to supress her. ;)

Vickii*
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Personally I don't think it's very productive or accurate to try and attach meanings or metaphors to our crossdressing. Everyone's different. Every time I hear things like, "I've been holding it in so long, I'm going to explode," I cringe. I'm afraid these things in our brain aren't so simple. Perhaps the only reason these systems of "purging" and these concepts of "exploding from holding it in" only happen because we think that they're valid. As soon as I realized that those things are simply creations to explain things in our brain that we can't explain, all of my crossdressing woes, and even some of the desire to crossdress, went away.

But like I said, everyone's different, and that's just me.

krisinpink
10-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi Hon,

I've purged (100% purges) twice. I've vowed never to do it again.

DOH!! I'm a crossdresser, I'm getting more and more comfortable with it all the time, and darn it, I MISS THAT STUFF!! :2c:

*hugs*

Krissy

tonya2
10-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey, I took the f***it attitude about 2 years ago and its the best thing I ever did. No getting uptight thats its wrong or what if someone finds out.
This is my life and Im going to do what I please, and you know what, I am
very happy now. I can relax the way I want to, dressed the way I want to.
Of course being single helps, no one to answer to or hide from. Those of you
who have SO's who are seportive of you are very lucky, best of both wholes,
so to speak. Now if I could find a gg who is into me dressing, that would be
a lottery win. So far no luck, but havn't really tryed. I think from what I read
there are not too many out there. Thats my :2c:

Tonya:)

Deborah Jane
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I,ve tried giving up
Never again!!!

This is part of who we are, if we don,t accept it, it drives us nuts!!
[Well it did me anyway!!]

Tina B.
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
some will tell you it's no big deal, some will even tell you they can give it up if they want to, but I have given it up and gone years at a time with out dressing, or even thinking about it. But then and I can't say why, it comes back, and when it does, I believe thoughts of dressing beats thoughts of suicide. And that is just about how bad it would get before I gave into it.
But that was when I was young, insecure, and filled with guilt. Now I am old, secure in who I am, and the only guilt I feel, is for all the time I lost.
Tina B.
P.S. I still miss a great pair of white pumps I purged over 35 years ago!
I loved those shoes and I have never found a pair as comfortable.

docrobbysherry
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Personally I don't think it's very productive or accurate to try and attach meanings or metaphors to our crossdressing. Everyone's different. Every time I hear things like, "I've been holding it in so long, I'm going to explode," I cringe. I'm afraid these things in our brain aren't so simple. Perhaps the only reason these systems of "purging" and these concepts of "exploding from holding it in" only happen because we think that they're valid. As soon as I realized that those things are simply creations to explain things in our brain that we can't explain, all of my crossdressing woes, and even some of the desire to crossdress, went away.

There is obviously a lot we don't understand regarding the need and desire to dress. And it all starts in our mind, possibly our subconscious mind.
It would seem if u really wanted to quit CDing, u could. However, if your subconscious mind wants u to keep dressing, u will NOT be able to quit for long.

Kind of like a kid always wanting what they r not allowed to have. If u give it to them, they may get bored with it in a short time.
Often, when I can't dress, I need, or want to. Conversely, sometimes when I have all the time and opportunity in the world to dress, I DON'T want, or need to!

Why is that?:Angry3:

CD Susan
10-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I have tried to give up cd'ing several times in the past. I distinctly remember purging three times. I burned everything I owned thinking that if the clothes were not there then the urge would go away. I was so wrong each time and find it hard to believe that I did something so senseless three times. I have come to accept who I am now and will never purge again. I sure do wish I had back those nice clothes and shoes that I burned up.

curse within
10-07-2008, 12:38 AM
It seems to me everytime I purge the stonger the will to dress gets, I do not regret the purges I learn from them. It would take a lot for me to purge now because I have grown fond of some items I have that are really hard to replace its been some hard lessons. At 6'2" 180 lbs shopping for femme clotheing in public is pretty obvious haveing the guts and will power it takes some time to rebuild. Thank God for EBAY!
I have noticed that it is more of a security issue for me knowing I have somethings to fall back on when the urges get to be too much and I can go longer in between bouts, Odd I know everyone is different.

Jess_cd32
10-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Two days ago I went into a bad funk and told myself no more dressing, removed the toenail polish, was planning were to dump the few cloths I have let in hiding. Well today was an unplanned day off and not an hour after my wife left for work I found myself in a house dress and sandals. This is the fastest turn around after a purge I have ever had. I feel worn out from struggling with myself over this issue. At Least I didn't go though weeks of feeling like I would explode like usual.

You just gave me a fantastic marketing idea, the "quit cd-ing patch"
Hey if a pet rock can sell in the millions, ya never know:heehee:

Delila
10-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Any time that I hear about purging I think of my best friend that constantly says "I can give it up it is just a hobby." Crossdressing is no hobby it is a large part of your person. Attempting to give up CDing is no easier than cutting off your leg (it might be easier to lose the leg then stockings will last twice as long) you can not change who you are regaurdless of the occasional guilt that you may feel. I think that the reason that you had a shorter time before you decided to be comfortable this time is that you are becoming more comfortable with who you really are.

Mollyanne
10-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Purging????? Like soooo many of the other girls have said "Why do it" the urge comes back and when it does it sometimes comes back even stronger then before, I know, because it has happened to me and it cost me more money each time for replacement. I am a crossdresser and that's that!!!! I have a female side and I let her out whenever I get the chance, and it feels soooo good!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Monica Santos
10-07-2008, 06:13 AM
I've purged several times. And I am right back where I started, and even more. I think everyone has gone through what you are going through. It's easy to purge, but difficult to live with after the purging. It's also expensive! IMHO, you are who you are....when you feel like purging, store your stuff in a locker, lock it, and place the keys somewhere. Thanks for sharing your experiance.

Monica

jill s
10-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Hey Jess were actually do I put this anti-cross dressing patch? I find that as I get older it gets harder to tell myself "I'll never dress again" I used that as a way to live with being a tranny for many years. Every time I cross dressed was always the last time. I wish I could go back to dress and than push it out of my mind until next time, but now it won't stay off my mind for very long no matter what I do.

KathrynTX
10-07-2008, 08:09 AM
Purging to rid yourself of the urge to crossdress is as counter-productive as trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

I hold with the other posters here who have encouraged you to embrace and express your feminine side.

Christie ann
10-07-2008, 08:37 AM
been there...done that

charlie
10-07-2008, 12:57 PM
The need to stop dressing often usurps the need to dress after dressing. I used to get a guilty feeling and a feeling that I was certainly less manly when I allowed myself to dress up in ladies clothes! How can any self respecting man do something as lowly as that? Hey, the real truth is that I'm different. Yes, I'm manly most of the time. I'm also a feminine person some of the time and have a strong need to show and do it. Charlie is a part of me and no matter how many times I felt badly I could not lose her. i know that now. Purging is a costly thing of the past.

Sarah...
10-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah. Been there. Given up giving up now. Feel much more human! Don't wear yourself out, it's no good.

Sarah...

kristinacd55
10-07-2008, 02:36 PM
No sense in purging, you can't do it, and there's no stopping it. So just enjoy it

Schatten Lupus
10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
I tried to purge several times in the past, mainly when I was in high school. I tried purging a few times after that. It has been at least 1 1/2 - 2 years since I have last purged, and I really don't plan on doing it again.

xxxopenmindxxx
10-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry you feel so guilty about yourself

Angie G
10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Jill don't fight it just give in and go with it. you'll be a lot happier hun.:hugs:
Angie

Tracy Hazel Lee
10-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I've never felt the need to purge. Just the thought of throwing away all my girly stuff is enough to keep me from doing it. And the pain of losing all that stuff is FAR greater than any other negative feelings that I have (or more specifically, don't have) about my dressing.

The only girly things I throw away are items that I'll honestly NEVER wear again, or items that were damaged.

susan fuller
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
I purged several times in the past. I regretted it shortly after but it was to late. After I came out to my wife I feel great and happy. By the way my wife just told me that if I want to go femme she wants me to look my best and not sloppy. She helps me a lot now. wow!

Carly D.
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I go through this.. the feeling that all is lost.. time to throw everything away.. "that's it, I quit".. and about every year after the new year begins I go through this.. and.. but what I do know is to throw everything away is a big, huge, GIGANTIC mistake.. so what is a good idea to me is to just throw some clothes away.. some really out of shape pantyhose or tights or whatever just doesn't work anymore if you know what I'm sayin'.. and if that doesn't cut it then move your clothes either to a safe place in the house or a storage unit somewhere in town.. the urge will come back.. BOY HOWDY!!

qaws123uk
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
at least you didnt throw away all your stuff!!

jill s
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Well actually I have now thrown it all out. This morning I was dressed and felling OK and than started to cry and shake for no reason. I changed and hauled everything I had left to the trash. I don't know whats wrong but have a weird feeling of sadness. I think I may have other mental problems as my moods lately seem to turn on a dime. I'm going to go split firewood and see if that relives some stress.