PDA

View Full Version : Office talk about crossdressing!

emmicd
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
In passing conversation I overheard girls joking about how funny it would be for their husbands to get in touch with their feminine side.

They also admitted to wishing they could get their husbands to wear dresses and high heel shoes for Halloween.

I was quite amused as I overheard this but was not part of the conversation.

For me dressing in womens clothing is my source of comfort and part of my identity.

If I was part of the conversation I would never admit to being a crossdresser especially amongst women since my crossdressing is a big secret.

I love crossdressing and wearing feminine clothing but do not want people knowing this.

I'm sure all the crossdressers here feel the same way.

As much as we love to dress and wish we could reveal it we rather just keep it private.

emmi
xoxo

Jonianne
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
How sad that cd'ing is so "terrible" that it has to be so underground. There is a handful of people at my office that know about me, and are OK, but I still have to be discrete. And I hate not being able to chime in on a conversation like you overheard at work.

Nicole Erin
10-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Something like that got talked about at work and I was around, I wouldn't have to chime in, they would pull me into the chat. ;)

Karren H
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
We have at a couple sex changes in our companies history and the antics that went on during that ordeal are always a lively topic around work....

TSchapes
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I love crossdressing and wearing feminine clothing but do not want people knowing this.

As much as we love to dress and wish we could reveal it we rather just keep it private.

I've just told two more people at work which brings the grand total to 14. I'm picking and choosing who I tell. I want to have a good solid group of people on my side when I come out to everyone.

btw this Saturday October 11 is the National Coming Out Day, and it's not just for gays & lesbians!

Times have changed and people are more understanding of us. I was just talking to people in my photography class tonight about this past week at SCC. The only thing that came out of that was people were offering me opportunities to pose enfemme for pictures!

Love, Tracy

Teri Jean
10-06-2008, 09:20 PM
At work there has been a few conversations that touched on the subject but when I pierced my ears and started to wear pinky rings there have been a few questions. My answers have been consistant with "I want to explore my softer side". To date many say that works but a few have said that you don't need earrings to do that and they maybe right but I like it. If they also knew that under my work clothes are panties and bra. A girl needs to feel good about ones self or we might as wellgive in to the belief there is only one way to see things. I will continue with my life and that may be without a SO but I have friends who understand me for me because they like the same things I do. Love you girls, Keli-H:)

LilSissyStevie
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm already considered "one of the girls" at work based on my chick like qualities, I guess. But I've never "come out" as a crossdresser. The company is in the process of coming out with a new dress code and the drafts that I've seen are "gender neutral" so, I've threatened to come to work wearing a dress. One of my female co-workers said, "If anyone would do it, it would be you." Maybe I will, right before I retire.:devil:

victoriamwilliams1
10-06-2008, 10:42 PM
The question is what if their husbands did dress would they have the same reactions?

CD Susan
10-06-2008, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=TSchapes;1450266]

btw this Saturday October 11 is the National Coming Out Day, and it's not just for gays & lesbians!

Thanks for posting this Tracy! I did not know this and think we should be spreading the word.

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-07-2008, 12:09 AM
at my work they all know i wear pantyhose as i wear shorts also,,
everytime i have to clean up after someone else i say " im not a maid" to which it has been added something about me in a french maids outfit,,i said i dont own one nor do i care for that look,,nor do i care for the cheerleader look,,and one of my co workers then asked what look do i like then right after he said that he said school girl look to which i just smiled :D

charlie
10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Hello Emmi!
You are quite right. This part of our soul is forever kept quiet and away from most of the people that we know and love. For those of us that go it, we are known well by many of those people that do not mean a lot to us or are casual acquaintances. It is a strange life we lead, but a fun dual existence at the same time.

Jonelle
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I'd love to think that I could be part of a conversation like that, but I would probably crack a joke or something and overcompensate and start to act "manly" out of fear that somebody knows

Sarah...
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM

Woooaaaa! Really? I never knew there was such a thing. I've got another couple of people I really need to talk to but this Oct 11th is just a bit soon for me.

Two of the locations in which I work are frequented by three women who transitioned some time ago. Any time they visit there is usually some form of conversation. I usually find myself negotiating my way through the talk carefully, trying to be supportive and open minded whilst at the same time giving no indication as to my true identity. That's such a difficult thing to do on so many levels though. I end up coming home feeling guilty. I can't say anything more as I, and more importantly my family, have a lot to lose if I were to be completely out at this time.

So I have a great deal of sympathy with Emmi's point of view.

Sarah...

Raquel June
10-07-2008, 03:12 PM

That's an interesting statement. I love crossdressing and wearing feminine clothing, too, but I don't really bother dressing anymore unless I'll be able to interact with people.

On a philosophical note, if a guy wears a skirt and nobody is around to see it, is he really a crossdresser?

I know a lot of people here love wearing panties and pantyhose and girlie stuff all the time, but that stuff doesn't really make me feel any better so I don't do it by myself. I have always liked earrings and long hair and lack of body hair, though.

For me, I'd rather have my face look feminine than my clothes. The hair/makeup is the part that I really like, so now and then I'll do that by myself. If I'm going to dress up, I want to actually look as feminine as possible, which is quite a production and not something I'll usually do just to sit around at home. If I were to just put on a dress and not shave and do my face, I'd feel ridiculous.

But I suppose I've never been all that comfortable with the label of crossdresser, anyway. Maybe bi-gendered makeup aficionado? But maybe that's just because I need more practice with makeup. In reality, I think I just want to get better at it and look more feminine to other people, but it's just not something I care about at home.

KandisTX
10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I personally have a couple of ladies I work with that know about Kandis and they are cool with it, even to the point of offering me their cast offs. Though I seriously doubt that coming out completely at the office would be a good idea for me, I would consider it if it meant I would be able to dress as I wished (within the company dress code).

Kandis:love::rose2:

Sally2005
10-07-2008, 03:51 PM
10 years ago I worked for a large corporation and the person who was my manager at the time mentioned something about me working well with the transexual in our building. I asked him who he was talking about, but he would not answer. This is a manager I never liked much, but I gained some respect for him in keeping it private. To this day I do not know who it was, I have a guess given some things I know about her that supports the theory (height and adopted a kid). The funny part is the person who told me looked surprised that I didn't know. All the people I knew fit in at work so whoever it was had a very successful transition.

PrettyFlowingGown
10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
When I was working at Coles, in Ballarat, there was a lady there who was a dressmaker, and made beautiful bridesmaid and evening gowns. We used to talk about gowns all the time, and I'd bring in pictures of gowns I liked. I even told her I went to fashion shows in Melbourne just too see the beautiful gowns, but not once did I tell her I was a CD, and our conversations about gowns/dresses never went to anyone else. Maybe she knew I was a CD, and felt as though I was secretly confiding in her. We really got on well, and she was really lovely. In the workplace its a risky buisness talking about things like that.....especially in my shoes, cause I like to seperate my work life to my private life, I dont like being "close" with work people, but it was more of a risky thing down in Ballarat. But luckily enough, nothing ever got out about it.

Carly D.
10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
There's cross dressing, which most everyone on this site does.. then there's making fun of cross dressing, which is what most men, if forced to do, would do.. which is to say that most men wouldn't get "it", if forced to cross dress.. it would be just funny.. cross dressing to me is life long and life altering, a change of existance if you will.. for me I've been a cross dresser since before I knew what it was called.. and for someone who never ever even fathomed the idea to slip into the wife's clothes it would mean nothing but a prank for the wife's sake.. I don't think that's what this entry was about but that's my idea of sorts..

Raquel June
10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Carly:

But you must admit that there are a lot of men who actually do like the idea wearing women's clothes to some degree, but if "forced" to dress up they would feel obligated to pretend they were making fun of crossdressing.

I think the majority of drag queens really like it (obviously), but feel the need to make a joke out of it to preserve some masculinity.

deja true
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm with you Carly! If the wives actually got their normal straight husbands to dress as women for Halloween, I question their motives a little. It seems to me that they might be doing it as a form of subtle humiliation maybe. (Of course there's always a chance that, like a few ladies here, they might actually approve of their hubbie's feminization...)

And if the men conceded to it, which most prolly wouldn't, there might be two rationales. Either they're anxious to parody their women or they may have hinted at some time that they might consider it. In the later case, they might well be our secret sisters!

BananaFish
10-14-2008, 03:24 AM
hell the girls i hang out with don't seem to mind, i find it funny that most girls are open minded about it...i guess it's because i'm one chivalrous dude hehe

RachelDenise
10-14-2008, 04:53 AM
I've never heard this conversation at work but I think I would be forced to put in my opinion. I agree with Racquel about the women's motive. The "walk a mile in my shoes" is one theory, but I'm not sure if that is the reason. It might be nice if these women were appreciated by their husbands. Maybe that would make the dress up less humiliating and more of the true spirit of things. I'm sure the women would appreciate a little understanding of what they go through on a daily basis. Many of us understand just what it takes with dresses, heels and make up.

Desiree2bababe
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
It was just that type of conversation, some 26 years ago, that caused me to start wooing my wife. Her and a couple girls were talking about a female impersonator and her show. She mentioned that she loved her show and thought she was sexy.

I jumped in head over heels and wooed her anonymously for several weeks by sending flowers and a cute card. Eventually revealing my secret.......

Ashlie Marie
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Working in Customer care of a huge insurance company here in New england I am on a team with 8 ladies and girls and me and our boss. Or compnay is very much ahead of the whole equal rights thing and diversity. we have 2 girls in transiton currently on other floors and I think a couple full TG girls they never said anything but somtimes you cantell just a little by the way they move or something, but since my hair is long and curly all the time and wear makeup a lot and we all know my nails are always done I have been one of the girls for years lol. I do however once or so a week if I get up on time do a good maekup job and put on a cute top and a skirt but since mainly everyone wears jeans and t-shirts it is a pain to dress up I stick out lol I mean who wants attention LOL :-)

SarahLynn
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
If I was part of the conversation I would never admit to being a crossdresser especially amongst women since my crossdressing is a big secret.

emmi
xoxo

:doh:

Oooops ,sorry honey you just told us. Your secret is out. :eek: Now we won't tell but watch closely, all your friends here are going to know soon.:devil:

SarahLynn

ps i think you should have joined in but kept it very casual like you thought the idea very interesting and wondered if it couldn't become a thing to do for the office. :D:D

SL

Rachel Morley
10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
If I was part of the conversation I would never admit to being a crossdresser especially amongst women since my crossdressing is a big secret ..... I love crossdressing and wearing feminine clothing but do not want people knowing this.
This thread, or rather your comments are very poignant as I was only contemplating this dilemma the other day. Why don't I tell people? Well, the truth is, is because I can't be sure of how the news will impact our relationship and at work, that relationship is not something I can (or want to) walk away from if it's negative. I've decided that somethings are best left unsaid. There is no real benefit for them in knowing that I am a crossdresser, so is it value added for me? ... maybe, but IMHO the risks outweigh the (potential) benefits. :2c:

BWOemerger
10-15-2008, 11:18 PM
This is an interesting thread that got me thinking about what I would do. I probably wouldn't have joined in. I really don't worry about people knowing about my secret but I don't go around telling people either. When I first told my wife I gave her permission to tell whoever she thought she need to to help her. She told most of her sisters. She comes from a very conserative family they they were just fine with it. I didn't care it really helped her. There have been a few jokes that I like to make about it but they wouldn't be any fun if no one knew.

What I guess what I am getting at is it is easier if someone else lets the cat out of the bag and we get to see, that most of the time nothing really changes when it is out :2c:

goofus
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
The way I feel about it is that I'm tired of hiding it, especially from people that would either be supportive or for whom it wouldn't affect their opinion of me one way or the other. So I'm less "cautious" about who I tell than I used to be...I thought I'd *never* tell a coworker but I told one recently and it didn't bother me at all, it felt good actually to get it out...