PDA

View Full Version : Higher Being/Higher Purpose

Evey
10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
I know there is a lot of supression of our "Cross Dresser" ways and having feminine characteristics. But I've never once thought of myself as wrong, or gone as far as calling myself a "freak" for it.

The girls I've outed myself to are actually delighted to hear that I have a feminine side and love it.

I personally think we are meant for a higher purpose, or we're the next step in evolution. Being understanding of both sex's and experiencing both roles.

I was wondering how many of you felt the same way?

tamarav
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I think you are absolutely right. We are the missing link that connects males and females. We will be studied as the "transitional ones" someday in the far off future. Think of us as modern day change agents.

It is sad that there are so many that will never experience the wonder of having traits of both. My traits were showing through today...

Your sis,

Tami

Evey
10-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Thank you for your input. And I couldn't agree with you more. If I could start all over again to choose and be one or the other, I wouldn't want to do it. Living and understanding both sex's is amazing. I think its my best trait.

TSchapes
10-06-2008, 11:51 PM
I love the X-men as an example of what we are: mutants with awesome powers to benefit all mankind!

Every time I watch those movies I think about our community...

-Tracy

charlie
10-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Sorry, I do not know what higher traits we have. Acceptance is certainly hard to come by. I do enjoy my feminine self when dressed, but I really do not feel that much different from my male self. Just prettier, more put together and proud of my general look. My male self is just drab by comparison.

Evey
10-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Just higher, in essence, because, apart from other males that do not share our traits, we have an understanding of both worlds.

harmony
10-07-2008, 12:15 AM
at an early time in our far reaching evolution there were no genders.in the far future there will be none again!we are the forerunners and the torchbearers .in our time of black or white -right and wrong -winner or looser i think deep down we are all looking for some gray?

Tracii G
10-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Evey you are right on target IMO.It is pretty special to experience both.

Jessicaparkson
10-07-2008, 01:58 AM
I was actually writing a paper on human cognitive and sexual progression when I read your post. The advancement of our species does very much tie into our community. Humanity began as one and will return as such. And since we are "one" with ourselves,both sides, we play a direct role in moving humanity forward. Fun thought isn't it?

Jess_cd32
10-07-2008, 02:01 AM
I think you make some good points hon, some food for thought

Darlene Dippy
10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
When I wear 5 inch heels I get to feel all those higher traits!:tongueout

Darlene

crusadergirl
10-07-2008, 02:22 AM
I agree with you all the way we were ment for something great and i also believe in evolution.

CD Susan
10-07-2008, 02:51 AM
I personally think we are meant for a higher purpose, or we're the next step in evolution. Being understanding of both sex's and experiencing both roles.

Hi Evey, I feel the same way. I think we are blessed with how we feel about ourselves. I feel so fortunate to be the way that I am and think that I was born this way for a purpose. I am the kind of person that loves everyone irregardless of thier gender or sexual orientation. I wish that there were more people in the world that felt this way. I have learned to accept who I am a long time ago and live a happy life because of this. I feel that I am truely blessed because I can see this in others and understand and accept it.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Absolutely Evey. CDing is really just the tip of the iceberg and we are who we are for a reason.:)

Carin
10-07-2008, 04:00 AM
Crossdressing and transgenderism seen as a negative thing is relatively recent in the historical scheme of things. It wasn't always so.

I particularly like the Native American view of Two Spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit) or Berdache (http://www.nu-woman.com/berdache.htm).

From the latter link...
"Since the berdache could mix characteristics of both genders, they were viewed as having a special status as if "blessed" by the gods. They were thought to be the "middle gender," and seen as prophets and visionaries having an almost mystic and psychic vision into the future. They were often consulted by tribal elders and chieftains because they were thought to have a kind of "universal knowledge" and special connection to the "great spirit." "

Angie G
10-07-2008, 04:37 AM
Yes I do as you I've never feet bad about dressing. :hugs:
Angie

DameErrant
10-07-2008, 09:30 AM
I love the X-men as an example of what we are: mutants with awesome powers to benefit all mankind!

-Tracy

That would be a great new character...

The Amazing Genderbender!

Though the romantic possiblities might get complicated.

docrobbysherry
10-07-2008, 10:21 AM
------ Sherry as a mutant female!? Good thot Tracy!
I hope Ze is reading this! She could do that quite well!:daydreaming:

-Tracy

That would be a great new character...
The Amazing Genderbender!
Though the romantic possiblities might get complicated.

Unfortunately, ( or fortunately, depending on how u look at it), I'm ALREADY experiencing those "complications"!:eek:

Karren H
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
A higher purpose? Not me... I'm just your typical human with an atypical hobby... Nothing special or devine... In my humble opinion

Vickii*
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't think that crossdressing is attached to any sort of divine purpose, nor do I believe that it is beneficial to human evolution. I'm pretty in tune to evolution since I study it, and I can honestly say, that if crossdressing is genetic, it's a mutation or a birth defect. It's a neutral one at that - it doesn't really hurt the physical individual. But it doesn't leave the individual at any sort of social advantage, if anything it leaves the individual at a social disadvantage.

Toni_Lynn
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Do I feel that we are a higher form of evolution as CDers. Nah, not really. Between you, me, and the kettle, I've seen some Neanderthals who crossdress!

That said, I do however feel that we are something pretty darn special? You betcha! There just seems to be something about us.

More often than not I have seen that we as people on the gender dysphoric spectrum seem to have an innate ability to thing outside the box. Just as our minds transcend physical gender, so too it would seem that we also see beyond the way everyone sees things.

I would tend to say that there is a higher proportion of CDer's amongst computer progarmmers. As a girl computer geek, I am often lauded (and awarded) at work for my clear and innovative solutions to things that stymie others. And while I'm no Apple fangirl, that as a comapny that has Think Different as its tagline, I'd bet that Apple has a higher percentage of CDers on staff.

I knew that I thought differently than my schoolmates the day I first put on pair of panties!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

tricia_uktv
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Yes, I think we are very lucky but need to know how to use that fortune. I think we sometimes don't understand the cards we have been dealt. In other words, GET OUT THERE GIRLS AND STRUT YOUR STUFF. Peaple wan't to know and understand what we feel.

Sorry for shouting

_Cecilie_
10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
We are what we are, men that dress like women (over simplified of course). Where we go from here nobody knows. We should be known, understood and respected, just like anyone else. Nature has a tendency to create balance where there isn't one. We might be a counterbalance to where society has taken humans lately. Who knows? I sure dont, so I just keep doing what I feel like doing :)

Ballerina
10-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I know there is a lot of supression of our "Cross Dresser" ways and having feminine characteristics. But I've never once thought of myself as wrong, or gone as far as calling myself a "freak" for it.

The girls I've outed myself to are actually delighted to hear that I have a feminine side and love it.

Actually, I have to think quite the opposite. In the past there have been many societies that have worshiped femininity. I don't think of it as an evolutionary progression, but rather a different view of human society. I believe that CDing and masculine femininity will become a more open mark on society, but it will take it's time and run it's own course.

As for being called a "freak", I don't care. As long as it isn't meant in offense. We are not like the mass majority of males, so being called different does not offend me one bit.

Scotty
10-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Yes, me too and those females close to me, despite not being told, they kind of treat me like any other GG friend.

Maybe mankind is evolving to asexuality and we are only the first steps....