PDA

View Full Version : Do you think short hair on a woman is sexy?

tamarav
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Does anyone else think women with real short hair are sexy? I am actually curious because every time I wear really short hair some woman tells me they could never wear their hair that short. The ones that do seem to wear really short hair seem much more self-assured and in control. (Or maybe that is what I am trying to emulate, I have to admit, I do have more balls than most women...)

I cut a woman's hair today to match the wig I was wearing. She walked into the salon, came right up to me and asked if I could cut her hair to look like mine.

She had shoulder length brown hair with some blonde highlights. When I finished she was thrilled. Her new haircut looked pretty much like the attached picture except she was much younger than me and very pretty.

I think it takes a larger load of ovaries to carry off really short hair.

Farrah
10-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Girl on you n e thing is sexy. I don't think it looks good on me because of my full round face.

victoriamwilliams1
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I would say on you it is great:) It depends on the face.

"Mary"
10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
I would say on you it is great:) It depends on the face.

Ditto

Evey
10-06-2008, 10:47 PM
It depends. But if you mean on you then its DEFINITELY your style. ;)

Tracii G
10-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Tami would look good in a burlap sack!No kidding.

Inachis
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Today while I was in class a girl who I have always admired cut her hair short. WOW, she looks amazing. When I told her that the hair really framed her face she let out a smile that beamed from ear-to-ear. Which then lit her face all up. This moment was then broken up by a classmate who asked if I was sure that I was not gay.:Angry3::Angry3:

Megan70
10-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Does anyone else think women with real short hair are sexy? I am actually curious because every time I wear really short hair some woman tells me they could never wear their hair that short. .
Personally tamarav I think you look terrific. Now i measure my post carefully here because I'm talking to a very talented professional hair and wig stylist, but many years ago when our CD group would have our monthly meetings held in a beauty salon, one of the male gay stylist would have a wig styling night for us(for a fee) and work magic on our wigs in minutes. I'll never forget this statement(his words as a professional-not mine) " A woman should never have long hair longer than her shoulders or a little higher past the age of 30." It looks bad in many cases and actually ages the person prematurely.

Well all us budding 40 something at the time transvetites quickly ditched the Fredreicks style long curly wigs for something much more age appropriate. On you in this picture you look fantastc.
Many Avatar photos here show older, and sometimes much older men wearing wigs that were meant for young girls, late teens, early twenties and frankly.... well to be kind it doesn't look to "realistic". But who am I to judge. If they feel they look like Cinderella, well God all the power to them.:2c:
:hugs:

Megan

harmony
10-06-2008, 11:59 PM
i have some short hair wigs i wear occasionally.the only problem is you dont want to have broad shoulders or a football players neck!!

Jessicaparkson
10-07-2008, 02:44 AM
You look fantastic. I'll have to hop on over to your salon some time...

Short hair is fine for me. Looks great on some women (like you). It all depends on the person.

Ze xx
10-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Tamara, you look fab and very self assured :)

But like the others have said, short hair depends very much on the size and shape of both the head and the face. I have gg-friends who can carry off very short hair, but I have others who look too butch and need longer hair to soften their features. I don't think I carry off short hair too well, but when I've lost all the weight that I'm supposed to, perhaps it will suit me better.

For women, going from a longish hairstyle to suddenly going short tends to indicate a change in their thinking, outlook, an 'out with the old' approach. Have you ever noticed that sometimes women have their hair cut short, and THEN dump the boyfriend (a warning for you) If she's discussed a drastic change, there's usually no problem within the relationship.

I used to believe that women over a certain age shouldn't have long hair, now that I am over a certain age, I don't. You CAN have long hair, but it needs to be in an appropriate style. I do not look my best without my hairline softening my face.

Jess_cd32
10-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Personally I love long hair on a GG, CD, as well as for myself, I've had it all my life.
Yours however does really look good on you, guess it depends on what basically the person looks like, some shorter styles do go better w/ some.

Kate Simmons
10-07-2008, 03:17 AM
I think it depends on the person Tami and how one projects their inner feelings. I have several shorter wigs of various colors and can make just about anything work. You look great BTW.

Fab Karen
10-07-2008, 03:19 AM
"loooking goood."
Yes I do. Uncovered ears don't look too feminine on me though.

gabe
10-07-2008, 04:09 AM
You look nice in short hair, what closed the deal for you is that wonderful smile.

To answer your question, it depends on the person. I believe if a person has softer facial features and demeanor, nothing projects sexiness, femininity and confidence than a really short haircut. And if they can speak with intelligence then that would be the ultimate sexy appeal in my book.

Angie G
10-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Some do some don't I think it's the style you look great in short hair.:hugs:
Angie

RachelDenise
10-07-2008, 04:43 AM
Like any style, it depends. I think short hair can be sexy on women. It's just another feature of the whole package. I think confidence and intelligence enhance any hairdo. BTW, you look amazing Tamara, so the short hair thing is working for you!

Genifer Teal
10-07-2008, 05:21 AM
[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]Does anyone else think women with real short hair are sexy?

In general short(ER) hair is more appropriate as we age. What you have is a bit extreme and tomboy is. Somehow, like everything else, it works on you. I would reccomend anyone who tries it does so with caution. Even in a short style I prefer a bit or hair than that. On another note, I love updos. A woman wiht her hair up looks very elegant. That is just my opionion.

There was a point where my short hair looked really good. Now that is is well beyond my shoulders, I'll admit it is getting a bit long - especially for my age. However, it helps soften my broad shoulders by covering them. That to me is a bigger improvement than shorter hair might be.

Gen

Chari
10-07-2008, 06:53 AM
WOW, Another fantastic look Tamara! With your face/head shape you'd look fabulous in any hair style! For years I enjoyed long, almost shoulder length hair, but I was never really comfortable with it, took too long to wash and set, but never needed a wig. Although it was a femme cut, I wore it more often in a ponytail, both gal & guy mode. Found a stylist who suggested a shorter style and I agreed. Love this short style with its perm and some light frosted highlites, sooo easy to shampoo, shake, and go! Thanx for sharing.

DemonicDaughter
10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Did you hear me tell Kayla I wanted to cut my hair? And then last night I did... to the jawline though as REALLY short hair doesn't look good on me. I need something more framing my face. But I like how I cut it last night. I'll have to get a picture of it for you.

I don't know about all this "age appropriate" hair length or styles. I think it depends entirely on the facial features as to whether or not it works. I don't think there really is an age limit on such things because we've all seen some GORGEOUS older women with long locks and other's with pixie cuts. Its all a matter of what you like. :)

And I like the short hair on you Tam. ;)

LisaElizabeth
10-07-2008, 07:23 AM
That pixie cut is just too cute.
My wife had that style cut for a couple years.... even got her to be a redhed for a while!! Looked so-o-o great on her!!! She went back to her natural blondish color because of the high maintenance of being a redhead!!
Now she is letting it grow out a little and wants something about shoulder length.
It still looks good, just that I thought the pixie cut was cuter!!
Lisa E

erickka
10-07-2008, 07:25 AM
IMO, it depends on the style and the personna of the girl wearing short hair. It can be really sexy or it can look butchy, depending on the person.

Wendy me
10-07-2008, 07:34 AM
OK depends on the person some look hot in a crew cut ..... some don't ..... i like long hair my hair is down to my butt........... my wife likes short hair hers is about the length of your wig.... ......

Sandra
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
On some yes it does look sexy it all depends on the face structure. Now cut mine short and to me I think I look awful, but others have said that short hair does suit me, but give me shoulder or longer lenght hair any day :D

2b.Lauren
10-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I agree with the others. I tried to grow my hair out because I wanted to do it again, and because I was experimenting to see if it made my face look more fem. I did not like me in longer hair, and actually most of my friends said the same, it was not flattering on me. So I cut it short again. I feel the same way for women, it just depends on how that style fits them. I do like short hair, I think it is very sexy and cute!

Carla4Guage
10-07-2008, 07:43 AM
My hair (wig) is short, though not as short as yours in the photo. I have never found a longer wig that I was comfortable with. I can’t really say that I feel less fem in short hair, cause I have nothing to compare the feeling to.

KathrynTX
10-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Short hair can be as sexy as long hair. I've seen quite a few women with short hair in my time that I seriously lusted after.

:o:battingeyelashes::heehee:

Jennifer Devine
10-07-2008, 08:33 AM
On you definately but it depends on the structure of the face for some people.

Jen xxxx

Toni_Lynn
10-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh heck yes! Absolutley! Without a doubt. The more tomboyish the better!

When my wife and I were in that phase of our relationship where we had just met and I had yet to say the magic words, I Love You, I let her read one of my stories about my characters Tony and Amy (a boy and girl who both crossdress, Amy F2M crossdressing and Tony M2F), she got her hair cut tomboy short, because she, to quote her, 'wanted to be the girl in stories' to attract me.

Guess what -- It worked!

And so I'm the one with long hair, and she's the one with the short hair. Life is wonderful!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Electra
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
My personal view is that too short hair (boyish) on a woman is neither sexy nor beautiful. I like at least down to the neck which is the type of wig I mostly go for. Just my preference.

Alice Torn
10-07-2008, 10:17 AM
You look wow ! Some ggs, cd can look very femiine, as some have said, it depends on face features. I love seeing senior ladies keep their hair LONG, and it saddens me to see so many cut it almost all off. Even Paul, in the Bible,, in 1Cor.11:14, said, "If a woman has long hair, it is her glory." But, some shorter styles look great, on some .My first wig was short, did not fit me well, and i was read by some quickly.

KellyCD
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry but I am NOT a fan of short hair at all.

I hate to say this but I find it disgusting. :sad: Sorry but it's the truth.

Alys
10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Once upon a time I used to pine for really long flowing hair ~ but it came to be that I was just unable to grow any sort of decent length that looked good. So yes, you might say I'm a fan of short hair :3 And if I'm allowed to be so conceited, yes, I do think my hair looks sexy!

*not an egomaniac. honest*

Sarah...
10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Hmmmm. It's going to depend on a load of different factors. Including how the wearer views it and how others see it.

So here's a question. Why do I prefer just past shoulder length hair for the femme me (and think it looks fine) and yet when I'm dressed as him that length, even in a "male" style, looks daft and I prefer a 3 and 5 clippers cut? And why do I just go with my own hair sometimes when en femme (and like it) and think that also suits me?

Confusion reigns. Looks like I haven't added anything conclusive to the debate again!!

Sarah...

Raquel June
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll always be a fan of shoulder-length hair, but certainly there are girls with short hair who look great and girls with long hair who look like hell.

I'll never forget this statement(his words as a professional-not mine) " A woman should never have long hair longer than her shoulders or a little higher past the age of 30." It looks bad in many cases and actually ages the person prematurely.

That's a reasonable rule of thumb, but there are are girls in their early 20s with nasty long rats' nests and women in their 50s who look great with hair past their shoulders. The women who look really bad with long hair are the ones who have coarse gray hair which they color, then they feel the need to tease it up and get tons of volume as though it were 1985 still. But over the years I've seen some strikingly beautiful women who were about 70 with long straight silver hair pulled back back in a barrette -- almost a statuesque Native American look.

Many Avatar photos here show older, and sometimes much older men wearing wigs that were meant for young girls, late teens, early twenties and frankly.... well to be kind it doesn't look to "realistic".

That's true, but if we start critiquing avatars it's gonna be a long day! Many of us are overcompensating and know we're going overboard a little on the hair, just like we overdo the makeup. Another good rule of thumb would be that your face should never have more rouge than skintone, but we try so hard to contour and look more feminine that things get way out of control.

Ballerina
10-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I have to agree with just about everyone here. It depends on the girl. For me, no, not even close. Same with my GF, she can't pull off short hair at all.

xxxopenmindxxx
10-07-2008, 06:13 PM
You have to have the face to do it. Some don't have the face and their hair make them who they are. Its not easy, but if you do have short hair and you look good, then I all for it!

kimmy p
10-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Depends on the woman, depends on the style. I will admit a preference for longer hair on women. But some girls carry short hair off very well.

Nicole Erin
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
As long as there is some length on the top.
How attractive a hairstyle is has little to do with how long the hair is.

But yeah it all depends, but no GI Jane cuts, that is not sexy at all.

Bev06 GG
10-08-2008, 04:27 AM
Hi Tamara,
I think short hair on a woman is sexy if short hair suits her. Some ladies need longer hair to frame their face.
I have always worn my hair short and to be honest find if very liberating. It takes half the time to wash and dry, and you can be just as experimental with the style as you can with long hair. Just need a bit of imagination and a jar of hair gel.
Take care
Bev

Margot
10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Sure I think short hair looks cute on some women. My hair was recently shortened by my hairdresser. She left it long on top ans short on sides and back. No pics yet but it's cute and easy to handle. By the way Tamara you look great in any of your hairstyles. Love your eyebrows too.
Margot

gingerstevens
10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes, i like short hair on women as it accents their face, neck, ears, and jewelry. Of course, one must have an attractive face and a nice looking neck.

kymmieLorain
10-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I know on some girls it looks uber hot. Like the gal in the James Bond movie, license to kill. is hot but some look terrible.

Kymmie

Sammy777
10-10-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll never forget this statement(his words as a professional-not mine) " A woman should never have long hair longer than her shoulders or a little higher past the age of 30."

The above statement goes hand & hand with this statement:
"Women over 30 should no longer wear miniskirts".

Sorry but I have to completely disagree with both of these.
First, like others have said, short hair is not for everybody.
Either you can pull off short hair & look good or you can't.

There are some women that can actually pull off both.
In fact I have seen the opposite in a GG friend of mine.
She wore a pixie for years and looked great.
But has grown it out to past shoulder length & now that she is a little older
the longer hair style actually looks better on her.

I think fashion police that say when a women turns 30 she should automatically chop her hair off, ditch her 20 something wardrobe, grow up, be an upstanding adult and buy a pair of mom jeans solely because they are no lower in their 20's are a bunch of idiots who should get their head out of their asses.

Granted, yes their are some that should follow that guideline but to go so far as to call it rule is absurd. :2c:

I know on some girls it looks uber hot. Like the gal in the James Bond movie, license to kill. is hot but some look terrible. Kymmie

That would be Carey Lowell and she's had that short style for a good 20yrs and it still looks good on her
http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/22391/tn-500_05.jpg

Beth-Lock
10-11-2008, 02:37 AM
You look good, but on me short hair in wigs usually gets me read.

Teri Jean
10-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Tami, you have got the look, way to go girl. A friend of mine(gg) had her hair cut the other day and I thought it was fantastic and told her so. She said thanks with an award wining smile. If it works for you go for it and personally I wish I had a full head of hair so I could have a simular cut. Hugs and giggles:-) Keli

suzypier
10-11-2008, 01:58 PM
On you it look gorgeous but not on everybody.

Sam-antha
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, it can look so sexy, but it does depend on the projection, the clothes and sometimes, but not necessrily the make up.

Rachel Morley
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I think a sexy woman, is a sexy woman, is a sexy woman! (if you know what I mean?)

What makes a woman sexy is that unquantifiable thing that is "sex appeal". You can have it with short, medium, or long hair. There are many things that contribute to it and hair is definitely one of them. However, I think that what "works" on one may not on another.

Women? Sexy? Short Hair? ... I say absolutely! :)

jenalex
10-11-2008, 03:29 PM
I think women look good with skinheads

:happy:

Alice B
10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm with you in that short hair is sexy. In fact I plan on getting my 3rd wig next week and it will be a short hair style. Will post once I get it.

khloey
10-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I tried wearing a short hair wig and never liked it.

Vicki65
10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
For the brits out there, the actress who plays Connie Beauchamp in Holby City (a medical drama) is one of my top 5 hotties. She has short hair. Nuff said! :)

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m3/aug2007/1/1/20A9B289-C8C0-D7C1-C496DD082B514BC6.jpg

Hali
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Personally tamarav I think you look terrific. Now i measure my post carefully here because I'm talking to a very talented professional hair and wig stylist, but many years ago when our CD group would have our monthly meetings held in a beauty salon, one of the male gay stylist would have a wig styling night for us(for a fee) and work magic on our wigs in minutes. I'll never forget this statement(his words as a professional-not mine) " A woman should never have long hair longer than her shoulders or a little higher past the age of 30." It looks bad in many cases and actually ages the person prematurely.

Well all us budding 40 something at the time transvetites quickly ditched the Fredreicks style long curly wigs for something much more age appropriate. On you in this picture you look fantastc.
Many Avatar photos here show older, and sometimes much older men wearing wigs that were meant for young girls, late teens, early twenties and frankly.... well to be kind it doesn't look to "realistic". But who am I to judge. If they feel they look like Cinderella, well God all the power to them.:2c:

Megan

Oh Megan you are so right, specifically on the part where it says women above thirty should wear a rather short hair, it makes us look so glam, and sophisticated.

tamarav
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
A sales person talked me into trying this piece on about 7 years ago and I still call it one of my favorites. It is Alexis and it is still available in a wide variety of colors.This one happens to have darker roots making it look a lot more natural.

You have to try it before you knock it...

TGMarla
10-13-2008, 06:19 PM
It depends on the woman. I was quite surprised to find that short hair acutally looks really good on you, Tamara. No offense, but I'm a big fan of long hair, and I did not expect you to look so good with your hair so short. Usually, I find short hair on women to be unattractive, but it really depends on the woman.

SexyLatexSamantha
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I think it depends on the person. If it suits the person's face, then go for it. I myself prefer long hair. It is one of my fetishes. But, to each their own.

Maria2222
10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
You are looking super, Tamara, but I have to admit, that I've always found women with longer hair more attractive.

Chiana
10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah. I have always been a fan of shorter styles. I used to have a co-worker that said it should be a law that women would be required to have long hair. But I couldn't help but notice that the girls/women he would check out always had short hair. While the women with longer hair that he said he preferred, he seldom seemed to notice them or give them a second glance.

linnea
10-14-2008, 12:36 AM
You look great, Tamara, but I've seen pictures of you in other wig styles, updos (which I think that you specialize in), and you look terrific in all of them. I have avoided short hair, especially as short as that in the wig you are wearing because I have a thick neck and I'm afraid to expose it too much. However, I have reached and exceeded that "certain age" that several girls have referenced and I worry that I am wearing my hair in a non-age-appropriate style. I have eight or nine wigs, mostly on the longer side of the spectrum. I'll probably shift to the shorter styles soon (but not that short, unless I visit you in your salon and you show me that shorter hair will work for me).

Sophie_C
10-14-2008, 12:42 AM
It all depends on facial structure, specifically the weaker / more petite the jawline, the better. IMO, very few GG's can pull it off well, so it's not always best to do it.

If you all haven't analyzed this yet, the reason women have long hair (beyond being a sign of long-term health) is to shadow and de-emphasize the jawline, while the opposite is for men (short hair to emphasize the jawline). It's just how gender roles work.

So, unless you're blessed in ways most GG's are not, it's not as flattering to have short hair as long hair. I know there's this empowerment kick to do it that so many girls love to hang on to, but it's just not as flattering, IMO...