PDA

View Full Version : How often do u think u wear female costumes?

docrobbysherry
10-07-2008, 11:30 AM
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE TAKING THE POLL!

THIS POLL IS ABOUT WHAT U THINK U DO! Not what others MAY think u do.

I think whenever I put on a complete women's outfit, I'm in a costume. So, for me, I'm in costumes 100% of the time I'm CDing. Ok, that's just me.

If u dress 24/7 as a woman, and put on a sexy maid's outfit on for Halloween, that's one day in 365! So, u mite think u wear female costumes less than 1% of the time u dress. Understand?

Please enter the percentage of your TOTAL CD time U THINK u spend in female costumes! Thank u for playing!:)

trisha59
10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Interesting poll. I was surprised by the response so far.

MJ
10-07-2008, 11:47 AM
as i am 24/7 so Halloween is my only time that i go all out

Karren H
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I only wear what I consider a felmale costume one day a year.. On or around halloween.. So that's 1/365. And I don't have my calculator but its about .28765%. The other 99.1235% of the time I'm just wearing clothes.. And makeup... Ohh. And hair..

KandisTX
10-07-2008, 12:15 PM
yeah, I can safely say that only Halloween would be when I wear an actual costume. Then again, even then it is not always a costume, but some conglomeration of my wardrobe that becomes its own look.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Sarah...
10-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I went for the 1% option as it's the smallest but actually I've never worn a female costume yet, not even on halloween.

Oooh, oooh! No! I've just remembered! :eek: Literally remembered right now. I dressed up as Posh Spice once and performed "If you wanna be my lover" in front of 500 people. Complete with arrival in a "limousine". That was odd. I'd forgotten that. It was fun.

Hey, that was my first experience with a wig too.

So maybe 1% isn't so bad as an answer then.

Sarah...

Nikki A.
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I agree w/ Karen. Wheh I dress up it is still me, my clothes. It's just not what society expects me to wear.

tricia_uktv
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm Tricia and wear what I choose. In no way is it a costume. On special occasions I will wear something way over the top which I would view as a costume (still fun though).

Nicki B
10-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Dressing up is always fun, but I wouldn't describe a cocktail frock or evening dress as a 'costume' in the sense you seem to be meaning?

So only a few percent of the time, at most, for me? So far this year I've done a nurse (twice), Goth, Juliet Bravo* & a fairy.. :heehee:

Raquel June
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
How much of my crossdressing time is in costume? Asking how often you're in costume when you're wearing a female outfit is kinda a flawed question, because "costume" and "outfit" are synonyms.

I can understand that transvestites would want to say they're always in costume, and the transgendered might actually be offended at the very notion that they are ever wearing a costume, but the bottom line is that anything you wear can be considered a costume, so you need to very clearly define what you mean by it when you ask the question.

cos·tume (ˈkäs-ˌtüm)
noun
French, from Italian, custom, dress, from Latin consuetudin-, consuetudo

1 : the prevailing fashion in coiffure, jewelry, and apparel of a period, country, or class
2 : an outfit worn to create the appearance characteristic of a particular period, person, place, or thing <Halloween costumes>
3 : a person's ensemble of outer garments ; especially : a woman's ensemble of dress with coat or jacket

Personally, I've never gone out in a Wonder Woman outfit, but it's also kinda uncommon for me to go out in what I would consider totally average attire for a 32-year-old woman.

I've gone out in a schoolgirl outfit, a punk outfit, a goth outfit, a white trash outfit, and plenty other things that could easily be considered costumes, but I don't really think of them as that.

Perhaps we should agree that the costume designation applies to an outfit intended to impersonate a specific person or type of person -- a persona that is not applicable to the real you. In that case, I think I'll have to go with 1%, myself.

Inachis
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I do not think I wear a female costume per say. But, then I think I only spend 1% of my total time fully dressed at all. I will go for long spurts where I don't really wear any women's clothing at all, and then then the pendulum will swing back the other way.

Angie G
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
with that reasoning I wear one 5 day a week.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
10-07-2008, 10:39 PM
How much of my crossdressing time is in costume? Asking how often you're in costume when you're wearing a female outfit is kinda a flawed question, because "costume" and "outfit" are synonyms.

I can understand that transvestites would want to say they're always in costume, and the transgendered might actually be offended at the very notion that they are ever wearing a costume, but the bottom line is that anything you wear can be considered a costume, so you need to very clearly define what you mean by it when you ask the question.

But, maybe they didn't! I'm trying to find out what folks THINK, not what they DO!

It's not about what I think u do! It's not about what ANYONE ELSE thinks!
If u think puting on a dress any time is a costume, then maybe u THINK u r a
"100% of the time", costume dresser. I think that way.

If you're TG, and u dress up every day, u probably don't think of women's gear as a costume at all! Then, you're probably a, " 1% or less", costume dresser!

I posted this because we're so close to Halloween. I have a HUGE stock of actual costumes, weird outfits, and classic, auntique style women's wear. It's because when I shop, I've ALWAYS looked for unique and unusual outfits. That's because EVERYTHING I wear, I consider to be a costume! :eek:

I wondered how many others think this way! Look like not many!:straightface:

CD Susan
10-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry doc but I do not consider any of my dressing as 'costume' except maybe at a halloween party. I dress to be me and that is all. Costumes, no just regular female attire here.

Butterfly Bill
10-08-2008, 08:55 AM
If by "costume" you mean clothes you don't normally wear, my costume time would be when I am at a Renaissance faire and at a Rainbow Gathering (I don't normally wear loud tye-dyes). That's three weeks and maybe another two weeks worth of weekends. 5 into 52 is a little over 10%. (You didn't include a category for 1.1 to 9.9%)

Crissy Kay
10-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Pretty much all my cd time is spent in costume!!! I still have no interest in wearing ordinary dresses or skirts. They just don"t do anything for me!!!!

Annette_boy
10-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi
There was no selection for 1 to 10 % .I do Historic reinactment and spend about 30 days a year in period costume as fem this works out to about 9%ish or so I am 24/7 otherwise. So I voted 10% to 25% but I am way on the low end of that. Oh and I like to do a witch on Halloween (cackles evily and gives the cauldron a stir)
Hugs and Kisses
Annette:hugs::kissing:

charlie
10-08-2008, 08:04 PM
For my part, I never think of myself as wearing a costume. I'm just a transvestite wearing the most ladylike outfit that I can. And I need the whole dressed up outfit to be happy!

Nadia-Maria
10-09-2008, 07:22 AM
For my part, I never think of myself as wearing a costume. I'm just a transvestite wearing the most ladylike outfit that I can. And I need the whole dressed up outfit to be happy!

That's me too .... up to now !
Because I have yet to buy a costume !

My first costume would be that of Scarlett O'Hara, or that one of a dancer in Vienna.

I'm excited with the idea.