PDA

View Full Version : You remind me of my wife

Christie ann
10-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I was doing some volunteer work for a local organization this morning. I was dressed in my usual conglomerate of male and female clothing, but no doubt to my true gender. One other guy was working there and told me that I reminded him of his wife. (poor woman!!) He said my words, actions and overall demeanor was more feminine than masculine but in a good way.

After he said that he turned RED and apologized for calling me feminine. I said no, please thank you I took it as a compliment. And thought it was super cool as his wife is as nice a woman as you would ever meet.

Anyway, as many threads have suggested. Our feminine side seems to show through and sometime people actually notice.

Jonianne
10-07-2008, 04:54 PM
What a wonderful compliment!

Scotty
10-07-2008, 06:17 PM
That's awesome!

I've had it told to me and then they apolagize and I say the same thing, I'm not afraid of my femininity, in fact I embrace it daily!!

tonya2
10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I had a guy say to me about two years ago, "you have the figure of a women". He was kind of kidding around, not meaning it as an insult, I think.
Wasn't sure how to take it at the time. I was in male mode totally.
I think he was a bit jealious, he was way over weight and a rather big guy.
His wife and I got along just great and I think he was trying for a dig.
We had some business dealings and at first I was a little p****d off and was
going to go at him, but I mellowed and let it pass. Looking back on it I should
have said, "thank you, I work on it" :battingeyelashes:

Just having fun

Tonya:)

Rachel Morley
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Awesome! YGG! Isn't it fantastic if we ever we get a compliment that says we "act" like women as opposed to looking like them :) I love those even more! :)

Angie G
10-07-2008, 07:59 PM
People react nicely to someone who is a nice person.:hugs:
Angie

Valerie
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
One evening I was working late in my office when a man cleaning the offices came around and he was surprised to see me there. I told him it was my office. Oh, he said, I am so sorry... I thought this was the office of a woman. I was delighted. This happened more than ten years ago and every time I remember that moment I enjoy it again as one absolutely wonderful moment.

Valerie