PDA

View Full Version : off my meds

MJ
10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
yes after my experience at scc my wakeup call i have come off my hormones it seem that just talking to my doctor about my weight gain and depression falls on deaf ears i knew it was the hormones but what do i know .. when i was on my estrace i was fine and losing weight when i lost my job and went on Conjugated Estrogens-Naturally Occurring (e.g., Premarin)

this is what is said at transgendered care
but may contain additional substances that create a potential for unknown or adverse effects. In our observation, there is a greater likelihood of mood swings and depression seen in patients using naturally derived estrogens as compared to synthesized preparations such as estradiol.

like i knew this but nothing changed i was on Progestins too but again

Progestins also may produce negative reactions in the form of weight gain, edema and phlebitis, but without notable feminizing effects.
so case in point look at my picture now and then i am so upset of what has happened to me ..

MJ
10-10-2008, 02:12 PM
for those who would like to know now i am off my hrt i have a wicked menstrual headache. wow it smarts never had that before

Niya W
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
when I cut my dosage I had mood swings from hell.

MJ
10-10-2008, 04:10 PM
thank you niya,
this is not fun at all. :hugs:

Niya W
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah I should wined off slower, but nope went straight for half does . I didnt know a human could have a demon inside of them, cause people sure thought I was possession. Hugs MJ, hands her the bottle of midol

Sandra
10-10-2008, 06:46 PM
MJ :hugs:

Dunno if this is going to help, but when I used to get these headaches it was a case of two paracetamol and two ibuprofen together, and sometimes even that didn't get rid of it. I've seen your post in the loved ones as well, it's hard to know what to say to help with the emotional things that are going on due to you coming of the meds, all I will say is try not to bottle things up, if you feel like you want to cry but for no reason the hey go ahead, if you want to scream and rant the do so, if may just be the thing that will help get you through this, and of course come and rant to us lot here :D

Raquel June
10-11-2008, 02:45 AM
I've always been a little confused about why so many people are on progestins. I've only heard of bad side effects with them. Other than cypro being a good anti-androgen (I think cyproterone is technically a kind of progestin), they don't seem good except as birth control. I've only ever been on a low dose of estrogen, and it seems to help my mood.

Hope you're OK.

MJ
10-11-2008, 08:11 AM
right now apart from my headache i feel good . and could eat a horse