PDA

View Full Version : Time allocations and dressing

Elizabeth Ann
10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Do dressing activities affect your ability to get things done? Do you find yourself running out of time with too many things still on your to do list?

For purposes of this poll, consider dressing to be any activities related to CD'ing. That includes not only standing in front of the mirror for 10 minutes, but also participating in this forum, shopping for clothes, and staring out the window daydreaming about life in a skirt.

Now some of you will respond that, "sure, but it's worth it." I may agree with you, but what I am looking for is some objective, non-judgmental data.

This poll is at the request of my therapist, whom I am seeing for a variety of issues, only one of which is cross dressing. We are just getting into this, and she has been extensively reading this forum after I suggested it. We are trying to deal with a complex mixture of depression, stress, career issues, marriage issues, crossdressing, and my seeming inability to be a productive as I once was.

I have to admit that this does take up more of my time than I should allow it. Not so much the dressing itself, but I spend more time on this forum than I do dressed. Whether it's the attraction of cross dressing or the escape from other things, we will have to work out.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Ruth
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Elizabeth, this activity of ours does take up time. I sometimes wonder if it occupies too much of my time, but then it is a very important part of my life. Then again, I have a full time job which takes up far more time than my dressing, and I wonder the same about that!

trisha59
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
My dressing does not effect my other responsibilities. When an opportunity comes along that allows me to dress I make it a part of what I need to do that day. This forum on the other hand is a huge sucker of time. Its probably due to the fact that I have been a member for incredibly long time of 1 week and I'm still in the "look at me I'm talking about my cd" phase. I expect that it will subside at some point but in the mean time, Look at me...
Trisha

ReneeT
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I put my time devotee to this "hobby" in the context of my other hobbies. I am a competetive cyclist (ametuer - my day job pays the bills!) and spend about 12 hrs a week riding, along with another 2-3 hrs weekly on bike repair, etc. By comparison, I spend relatively little time dressing, although I would like to spend more. At least the riding keeps me a size 6! (and a plausible reason for the outside world to shave emy legs)

tamarav
10-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I am The odd ball who voted for "Dressing has taken over", but I have a valid reason. I dress for work daily and dressing is necessary for my way of life. Of course I have set it up this way, so I realize that dressing has taken over. Was that roundabout enough or shoul I make more excuses?

Your sis,

Tami

charlie
10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Hello Elizabeth!
If i take the time I spend shopping, dressing, looking at outfits and daydreaming about what to wear...then yes, I spend lots of time on CD. I still get most of my work done though. If it wasn't cross dressing then I blow time on boating, cars and pool! All in all it probably leads to having a good scotch every night.

Angie G
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I spend way to much time with dressing and the Forum but oh well I love it.:hugs:
Angie

CD Susan
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I retired 11 months ago so I have plenty of time to dedicate to dressing as well as my other obligations in life. I perform all of my household tasks while dressed but some of my outside activities demand that I not be dressed. I am able to effectively balance my dressing with my other activities. I spend a considerable amount of time at my computer visiting cd websites and writing letters and I do this while dressed all the time.

rustynail
10-09-2008, 03:34 AM
I find that I cannot get motivated to do jobs in the garden, cut logs and similar when dressed. I don't want to get sweaty and I feel a little constrained by my bra, suspenders and stockings. I also probably spend too much time on this site!

Sarah...
10-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Well, now I mostly get dressed each day and get on with the tasks at hand whether in drab or en femme. It's all I want really, to wear what I want and to get on with my life. So that's what I strive to do. If I'm going to cut logs I don't do it in my most gorgeous dress though, I'll wear jeans instead!

If anything I sometimes wonder if it's the other way around for me. Being constrained in drab can be quite destructive, was for years in fact in my case, and it manifetsed itself in a lack of personal drive for me.

Sarah...

erickka
10-09-2008, 07:11 AM
I get dressed, and then work as usual. I am just wearing clothes that feel a lot nicer than drab jeans!

BethCD
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I can get some things done, but am distracted to a degree......

On a bit of a side note....TamaraV.....after looking at your website ( a few times...) just how many wigs do you own??
( And don't give us the John McCain answer...:) )

Thanks, Beth :D