PDA

View Full Version : Strange .

Shelly67
10-09-2008, 04:31 AM
I,ve never felt the desire to dress so low as it is at present . I simply can't be bothered . I know in time it'll return , prolly with a spending spree vengence .
I,ve just returned home from a wonderful holiday in the Maldives . It was strange , whilst lying there catching some rays , I thought and felt the desire to dress so strong it nearly drove me mad - in fact I felt as though I was at war with myself .
But now on returning home ( I know coming back home is always a wake up reality call ) I feel empty.
Has anyone else ever felt this way , and for what reasons set this behaviour off ?

Karren H
10-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Mine comes and goes too.... less so as I get older.. before last night it was late August and I've been so busy that I haven't even thought about it.... much.. Ok I've thought about it a lot... But it didn't bother me... much.. lol

Lilith Moon
10-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Michelle,

Just hang in there, the lull is just temporary.

I'm going through the same right now. In the last week I've planned 2 dressup sessions only to abandon them at the last minute...I just couldn't be bothered. Like you I just feel sort of....empty. Normally the need to be dressed femme is with me constantly like an itch that will not go away. But for the last week or so just....nothing.

This weekend I've planned to attend a TG event....maybe I shall feel different when I get there. In the meantime, I'm getting on with other stuff that is usually crowded out by my cd activities and desires.

FWIW, the need will return with a vengance. It always has done before. For me the restart is often triggered by seeing a beautiful gg wearing some "must have" item...followed by a shopping trip :D

tommi
10-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Absolutely I'm there right now, I was scheduled for a 3 night business trip three weeks ago today when my boss had a heart attack. I had taken my time planning out my free time for this trip and when it fell through I lost my desire.
The follow up was my wife was out of town the following week, I removed my boxes from storage and never opened them.
When I analize it I realize there are more important things right now including me picking up the slack here at work.
I don't travel very often alone so it definetly was a disappointment.

trisha59
10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I think that its all connected to some sort of bio rhythm. Sometimes when an opportunity is coming and Im looking forward to it with anticipation and then my rhythm or what ever goes down and I loose the urge. Its like I'm on the Ocean and a big wave comes up and I'm ready to go. Then the wave passes and I have no interest. If we could only find what controls this movement or at least synchronize our watches with it.
Trisha

charlie
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
My last big lull lasted about 12 years. I got rid of my clothes then in a purge and did not start wearing any ladies clothes for years. I'm making up for the lull now though.....pink fog, to many shoes, too many outfits....even too many wigs!

CD Susan
10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I do not experience these kinds of lulls or variations in my desire to dress. My desire remains at a constant level all the time. Since I retired 11 months ago I have dressed every day and I am close to 24/7. I do not have any desire to transition or to live full time as a woman but take advantage of the time I now have to dress as often as I can.

Angie G
10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I have never hot felt like dressing and hope I never do. I don't know who some go through this you'll be fine hun.:hugs:
Angie

carolinebrookes
10-10-2008, 09:02 AM
I've been there a few times Michelle. In fact I'm there at the moment.

The summer usually signifies a slow down for me as the warm weather and the uncomfortable situations it brings mean that I don't feel like dressing much. Who want's to suffer under a hot wig with makeup sliding down your face?

Sometimes other factors contribute such as work commitments, family stuff and a plain lack of desire.

I used to worry when this happened, but after being through it a few times and friends experiences, I know that it'll come back. It always does! :)

Stick in there and I'm sure it'll all come back.

mykhelee
10-11-2008, 05:39 PM
If I can, I dress. Have not been able to since March, situational demands.
Soon...very soon. Still need to find a nice blouse to go with the black velvet skirt.

Jennifer Brooks
10-11-2008, 05:46 PM
Same here. I dress when I can. Working OT in the summer and my hobby get in the way as well as the summer time heat make it a hassle to dress the way I want. Now that it's back to the Fall and soon, winter, I am getting that good old feeling back again. Things happened last week. Boy did they ever.

Angela-Russell
10-11-2008, 05:49 PM
The same thing happens to lots of us for some strange reason, the urge comes & goes. Just be careful that you don't have a purge when it's not there, it can be quite expensive when it returns. (and it always does)....

Stargirl
10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
The shorter days have an effect on the Pituitary gland. If Spring is a blossoming, the approach of winter is a retreat. Feeling more introspective, and getting into the "survival squirrel mode" can dampen many desires. The body changes for winter, and there is an inner world to deal with, even more so.

Inachis
10-11-2008, 09:48 PM
It comes and goes, but i always know it will be back.

jennifer easton
10-11-2008, 11:14 PM
whoa! scary I've been in a funk all day also,but I did wear a thong and my girly jeans, but just couldn't get Jennifer to come out, was depressed all day don't know why, and it was absolutely the most perfect fall day, and to top it all off the Missouri tigers lost to Oklahoma state tonight, olé Chase was off just a tad bit!! Hope Jennifer gets back soon, maybe I need to chart my down time, this could be my time of the month HAHAHA!!

Tracii G
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
Felt the urge to try some new things with eye shadow tonight and went all the way and took a drive.It felt great.

Sally2005
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
I always thought it had a connection to my mood. I thought it was triggered by stress. Lately I have been stressed, but the desire is low so I may toss that theory. My stress is mostly in the form of frustration right now though...due to stock market, election, money, house, cars, wife and plan to go out to my wife...it is like my rational mind is in control now vs my emotional one. Arugghh.

Shelly67
10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Well thank goodness I dont purge anymore - been there done that . I know Shelly will come out to play soon , and I certainly agree , stress may have a part to play in this strange time. I just feel so empty .
Oh well they do say absence makes the heart grow fonder.......

Always Susan
10-12-2008, 07:04 AM
I find that Susan comes and go with the changing of the seasons. Fall starts and there she is. She stays all winter and then fades away in the spring. Just might have something to do with staying inside durning the cold dark winter. My moods change too when Susan is here( she's here typing in her nightgown) Some time I just want to put on something pink and snugle under a blanket and watch a movie other times I'd like to be maid to service. It's no wonder we have so many emotions there's two of us in here!:eek:

Jennifer Cox
10-12-2008, 09:20 AM
I find that Susan comes and go with the changing of the seasons. Fall starts and there she is. She stays all winter and then fades away in the spring. Just might have something to do with staying inside durning the cold dark winter. My moods change too when Susan is here( she's here typing in her nightgown) Some time I just want to put on something pink and snugle under a blanket and watch a movie other times I'd like to be maid to service. It's no wonder we have so many emotions there's two of us in here!:eek:

Same with me. I'm more inclined to dress as the nights draw in. I think I'm slightly affected by SAD, so sometimes get a little depressed at this time of year. Don't know if that's the trigger, or just that it's more comfortable dressing when it's cooler.

Of course about now the shops are getting full of Xmas stuff, so lots of nice clothes, undies, new perfumes etc. This definitely encourages Jennifer to come out to play! :D

Shelly Preston
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM
It does happen from time to time but why is always the hardest question to answer

There are too many things that could affect why we feel like this

Work, family, health and life in general but it will pass and you will feel as good as ever :hugs:

Jonianne
10-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Sometimes for me when I know I can't dress, the desire is the strongest, but when I have the freedom, the desire is not as strong. Since I have a very accepting wife, I almost have to make myself dress on a periodic basis and when I finally do, I never regret it.

Always Susan
10-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Maybe its the darkness or the silence at night or in the early morning when we feel at peace that you get in touch with your feminine self. Those are pleasant times and to have to return to the light of the real world, yes that could leave a person feeling sad and down.
I think we all have felt this way before, but it goes away give it time.
:hugs:

Karen C
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
The other day I was getting stuff for hallowen and I had gone into this shop to look for a wig . I never had bought one befor then I went nuts . I had bought these boots and then went and got other clothes and then make up and the fog was intense. I thought I needed almost sit outside my jeep for a while to calm down . Then I came back to reality and went home after spending to much money and tried every thing on and went to sleep .omg it was like a rush . I cant do that for a couple of months. although I had gotten my whole coustome in one day and yes the wig I origonaly wanted its like a redish brown sholder lenth and a head stand for it .:D

Rikkitikkitavie
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I find autum and winter great times as I can wear underwear under my male clothes and not be to worried about it, although my boobs are a bit big and bras are now enhacing them