PDA

View Full Version : Have you - as a CDr - ever been 'fooled'?

Patti Remick
10-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I was just reading the recent thread "CDers better than GGs". I would have to agree with those that say - that it is very difficult - effort and heart not withstanding - for a genetic male to look more female (ie better) than a genetic female. BTW I never really liked the term 'GG' as I feel it denigrates the adult 'woman' to a 'girl'. And I despise the word ugly (which was also used in that thread). Uglyness has nothing to do with the way a person - any person - looks. (If you want to flap in midair with an issue of cosmo or people magazine thru your upper lip and let them define beauty you go right ahead).

Genetic women have much different body structure than a genetic male especially in the key areas of the face. Hair/makeup/clothes/padding can only do so much. Does this mean I havent seen some CDrs that look really good and also feminine? No, I have. But it is a very difficult thing to achieve - especially for the average male CDr. I have always felt that femininity/beauty comes from within.

Pictures - the way most of us CDrs see other CDrs - can be extremely deceptive. Not because anyone is deliberately trying to decieve, but because a photo is just a snippet of a persons total look. Gee, a photo of a rock can look like a face or a bird, etc. Thats just the way I see it and Im a life long CDr.

So my basic question is primarily addressed to those CDrs that are not only 'out and about' but, more importantly, for those of you that directly and frequently see many other CDrs at public clubs, private clubs, socials, societies, lifestyle gatherings, etc. Real 'live' meetings. Have you ever seen someone that you were 100 percent convinced was a genetic female only to find out that they were a genetic male? Im not talking about people who have undergone SRS/FFS - just us plain old CDrs. Id love to discuss this issue and respect everyones opinions.

Luv and Hugs,
Patti Remick

charlie
10-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello Patti!
I go to several TG nigntclubs and yes, I have seen a couple of genetic males that I had no idea were males. They were great looking women. Now, were they just everyday CD like me? I cannot be sure. I never asked them if they were on hormones, had implants or took botox. I do not know. My discussions with them after I found out was "Wow, you look Great!". I did not however ever guess that these two were not born female.

Diane CHILDS
10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
. And I despise the word ugly (which was also used in that thread). Uglyness has nothing to do with the way a person - any person - looks. (If you want to flap in midair with an issue of cosmo or people magazine thru your upper lip and let them define beauty you go right ahead).

Have you ever seen someone that you were 100 percent convinced was a genetic female only to find out that they were a genetic male? Im not talking about people who have undergone SRS/FFS - just us plain old CDrs. Id love to discuss this issue and respect everyones opinions.

Luv and Hugs,
Patti Remick

I was the person who used the word "ugly" :idontknow:

I am English and I prefer to use plain English.

In the Oxford English Dictionary (UK & USA versions) "Ugly" • adjective (uglier, ugliest) ..........
1) unpleasant or repulsive in appearance.
2) hostile or threatening; likely to involve unpleasantness

Sorry if you despise the word ugly and wrongly believe that the word cannot be used in the English language to describe the way people look.

BTW I'm sure you'll find that the correct way to spell uglyness is ugliness, even in America. :)

In answer to your question .....

I have met a few transvestites / crossdressers, I was convinced were genetic / natal girls .... until they spoke. :eek:

I have also met a few genetic / natal girls, I was convinced were either regular men or crossdressers .... until they spoke. :roflmao:

Di x

MJ
10-09-2008, 04:34 PM
never been fooled by a m to f but for six months i worked with a guy that turns out is a f to m :eek: i would never have know except i started my transition and he knew way too much and came out to me.. he help me so much he is wise understanding and and a great guy

Melanie R
10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I have seen several CD's who I thought were genetic females. I know many post and pre op TS's but have seen very few who pass that well. I often wonder why so many TS's after surgery dress so poorly but perhaps they have good company with so many genetic females I see who dress so poorly.

DonnaT
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I have, and so has my wife when she was with me.

Deborah Jane
10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Not as far as i know!!
I,ve seen some gorgeous c/ders about and it,s quite possible i,ve seen c/ders who i didn,t realise were c/ders!!