PDA

View Full Version : Rays of hope and light

Toni_Lynn
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Amid some threads of about youth that are, well, a-holes, I wanted to post something positive.

In my city there is a high school of creative and performing arts. At my bus stop just across the street, I see the students when they get dismissed. And yes, I have seen two boys in long skirts. And the best bit is that they aren't black skirts with buckles and such that would be worn by goths and emos, but rather skirts in gorgeous flowery prints. And the cool thing is that they other students don't given them any grief.

Oh how I wish I would have been able to go to such a school back in the 70s. I'm glad that these kids have a safe place to go to school. Seeing them gives me cause to think that not all kids today unruly idiots (to understate it!)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

trisha59
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Things are changing. But change sure is slow.
Trisha

Angie G
10-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Some kids can be really cool.:hugs:
Angie

Raven Wynter Rayne
10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I think I would have been a much better student had I been able to dress as I wished in school (class of '83) but if I had let anyone know My 'secret' it would not have been good so I cut school a lot to go home and dress when ever I could and of course that cost Me My grades!! I am happy to hear that such schools exist!! LUCKY KIDS!!

MJ
10-10-2008, 11:20 AM
i wish i could have done that in my day