PDA

View Full Version : should I or shouldn't I

janet p
10-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Last weekend I was out shopping for a dress for the halloween party. While in the mall I spotted a t-shirt that said I Love My Ta Ta's, until I bought it I didn't realize it was for breast cancer awareness. I thought it was like some of my other t-shirt like DRINK ALL YOUR BEER BECAUSE THERE ARE SOBER PEOPLE IN CHINA a play on the old saying that eat all your vegtables because there are starving people in China. If I wear it will I be offending GG's or will it be OK because I don't mean any harm?:love:

Kayla_CD
10-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Make a donation to Breast Cancer awareness if it'll clear your conscience. But yeah, any charity is always in need of supporters.

TGMarla
10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Why not wear it, and also wear a pink ribbon pin to commemorate breast cancer awareness? Win-win situation there, I think.

Do the right thing! :thumbsup:

Bridged
10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
wear it! men,women and everyone in between believe in the cause! that's what u should say if anyone asks, but I doubt they will. have fun!!!!

Holly
10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Janet I think maybe you should, but first read this article (http://www.verizon.net/newsroom/portals/newsroom.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=newsroom_portal_page__article&_article=1322833). You could carry an importaant message.

ColleenW
10-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi Janet -

I agree, wear it!! Breast cancer is a devastating disease and anything anybody can do to find a cure is worth doing.:)

putz0611
10-09-2008, 10:29 PM
By all means wear it. Males have been diagnosed with breast cancer as well. :hugs:

Tina B.
10-09-2008, 10:29 PM
Go for it! I heard a commercial just this morning, and they pointed out if you have breast, and most men do, then you too, must consider the possibility of contracting Breast Cancer. So you nothing to apologize for!
Tina Lynn

Tina_N
10-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Several years ago I had a small lump behind my left nipple. Very painful. Tried to ignore it hoping it would just go back to where it came from. Once my wife found out she made sure I went to a doctor. The doctor did a breast exam on me and verified that there was a lump (big surprise). He then ordered up a mammogram. :eek: Also said 'this might be a good time for me to get in touch with my femininity'. Little did he know...

I was talking to one of the nurses while she was setting up the x-ray machine for my mammogram. She told me about 1-2% of the mammograms they perform are done on men. Yes, it was painful, mostly because that lump didn't want to be touched. They did both sides at two different angles. The lump was easily seen on the films.

Dr. told me the chance of cancer was only about 2% but recommended I have it removed jus to be on the safe side. While I'm not the best of patients, I did have the surgery about a week later and got it removed. I was told to support the wound area from bouncing while it healed (wonderful excuse to wear a bra).

Now, when I hear a woman complaining about how she doesn't want to get a mammogram because they hurt I tell them 'if I can go throught it...so can you'. So far my saying that has convinced my wife and two co-workers to get theirs done.

Go ahead and wear the shirt. Some may take the message the wrong way but others will see you're really concerned with their health and well being.

Tina

Angie G
10-10-2008, 07:26 AM
If you support the fight for brest cancer wear the shirt hun.:hugs:
Angie

Sandra
10-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Yes wear it.

carolinebrookes
10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Of course you should wear it. As has already been said, Breast cancer can affect any single one of us whether Male or Female. It's a great cause to support.

docrobbysherry
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I saw a cute 20 something woman wearing one. Altho, at the time, I thot she was bragging about her pert breasts. So, why not u?

Bernadina
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
How about promoting awareness of heath and wellness.

Promoting a disease condition is absolute madness.

The more the mind is made aware of a condition, the more the body creates it.

And sending money to support cancer is just perpetuating the problem. A multi-billion dollar industry isn't going to just go away. The more money we send, the longer its going to continue.

Patty
10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Yes---wear it and hold your head high.

trannie T
10-10-2008, 11:03 PM
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, this seems like a good way to comemerate it.

Leohose
10-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Go ahead its good

janet p
10-11-2008, 07:47 AM
THANKS for all the feedback. The one thing I forgot mention is that some of the price was going to the breast cancer fund and the shirt has the ribbon on it.:love::love::love::love:

Brenda Locke
10-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, why not wear it. Breast cancer doesn't discriminate between sexes so why not.

Brenda