PDA

View Full Version : It's a privilege!

TGMarla
10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
There's always these questions: Why do you CD????

There's a woman inside of me, or I'm a woman in a man's body. I'm a lesbian at heart, or I dunno, or (in my case, I guess) there's a large part of my psyche that is inherently feminine, or I just like the clothes....whatever.

I have this sweater I like to wear around the house when I'm alone, but not at liberty to crossdress. It's really soft, pretty, and has these really cool poofy sleeves. I love it.

And it occurred to me while I was wearing it, that one of the reasons I like to wear feminine clothing is that it's just such a damn privilege to do so. I feel great when I'm wearing girl stuff. It makes me happy. Women are fortunate to have such a privilege (at least in my eyes), and many CDs seem to resent that they don't exercise that privilege more often. But you see, to them it's not a privilege, it's a birthright. So we, as transgendered males view it quite differently than women do, on the whole. It's something like walking into the ladies' room by accident. You think, "I always wanted to go in here, but I know I'm not supposed to be here." Bad analogy? Sorry.

But I ramble.

So anyway, I'd advise those who have not yet come to grips with this whole thing: enjoy the privilege. It's a gift if it's used in the right way. Find a comfortable norm, decide your future with it, and enjoy the privilege.

A nice glass of wine goes really well with it.

kaylee
10-09-2008, 10:02 PM
It is a privilege to be transgendered. thats what ive come to realize

Bethany38
10-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Marle,

I feel you have hit the nails square on the cutical w/that one:).

Inachis
10-10-2008, 01:50 AM
does that make women overprivileged? LOL, I think that is a wonderful way of looking at it.

Angie G
10-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Very good post Marla you put it in such good Perspective And it is good advice to those who are not sure of what to make of there dressing. Good job hun.:hugs:
Angie

Sammy777
10-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi Marla

I agree with just about everything you said.

Yes, over the last few decades the everyday clothes of women have relaxed.

Lets just say for an example:
In the 50's women wore dresses 90% of the time and now wear them 10% of the time.

BUT this is most likely in part due to following cues of mens clothing.
In the 50's men wore suits 90% of the time and now wear them 10% of the time.

So you can say that women no longer appreciate the finer things they are capable of wearing and even be jealous because they seem to cast those things aside for jeans, ect.

But here is the twist I find funny.
Your avg non cd'ing guy probably does not think that women are wasting their chance or right to dress, well in a dress.

And probably prefer the more casual, more revealing current style of womens clothing as to more conservative, more formal wear we seem to like so much.

So basically the "privilege" of knowing about and getting to wear such clothes is a double edge sword because only we who wear the clothes get to experience those thoughts and feelings.
I take it as the price of admission that comes with being a crossdresser.

docrobbysherry
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
My high school age daughter doesn't own a skirt or dress. Skort and shorts, yes. But, NOT short shorts! Mostly jeans and t shirts.:straightface:

One other item: I've been in Ladies Restrooms, several times recently, ( in drab). They were just as dirty as the Men's!:eek:

Karren H
10-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I disagree... I don't feel privileged at all.. Yeah wearing some womens clothing is nice and comphy and pretty but others are uncomfortable.. No one ever said looking fashionable was comphy.. Mater of fact a lot of women resent the fact that they are "forced" by society to wear fashionable and uncomfortable clothing.. So do they feel privileged?

A lot of things are privileges in this life... Living in a free country, serving your country, having a loving wife and family... In my humble opinion. But wearing womens clothing a privilege...... isn't one of them... After all its just cloth and fabric....

AliciaWeb
10-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I tend t agree with Karren, I think the privilage element, as far ass it exists, is the increasing aceptance/indifference of people in general to what we wear. The fear of being beaten to a pulp when dressed is so much less now that a few decades ago. In my experience many women complain about being forced into an uncomfortable dress code at work and enjoy the freedom of dressing down but also like the feeling of power that I have heard them express when "dressed to kill".

Toni_Lynn
10-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Privledge. You betcha it is! I have come to view being a crossdresser as a great gift. I may be a bit over the top with this but I liken it a talent like having the ability to read music, speak a foreign language, or even something like synesthesia, wherein some people are able to see sounds, they experience colors in response to tones or other aspects of sounds (Wikipedia). We as crossdressers have this gift to perceive ourselves as the opposite gender. Whereas a person who isn't a crossdresser might say, 'I could never imagine myself as male/ female', we not only can, but DO! Lots! :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

TGMarla
10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Samantha,I agree with just about everything you said. You know, women usually really appreciate it when they see a man in a sharp suit. Yet men rarely excercise their exclusive right to put on a nicely tailored 3-piece silk blend suit and an attractive tie...wing tip shoes with a polish on them...tie pin....maybe even an elegant hat. Most of the slouchy people around nowadays don't give this a second thought. But CDs tend to be clothes horses, and it's something that I do think about. So naturally, we are going to notice the decline in women wearing dresses and pantyhose more than the average Josephine.

Karren? I don't find women's clothing all that uncomfortable at all. In fact, I find them, for the most part, far more comfortable than guy stuff. I hear guys complain about ties, and women complain about pantyhose and high heels. But I really like wearing pantyhose, and high heels, if the right height, are fine by me. (I notice that lots of women wear high heels with just about anything they wear, so they can't be all that bad!) Since I truly enjoy wearing them, I guess it just seems comfortable to me. But I am not at liberty to parade around in dresses and high heels whenever I choose to. That's just a fact of life. So when the opportunity arises to exercise that option, it sure feels like a privilege to me.

Rachel Morley
10-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi Marla,

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure I completely agree with you on this one.

To me, (and this is just my own personal opinion) a privilege is something that is not inherently your "right" to have or do, but somehow you have been "allowed" by who or whatever to do or get this thing that you want. i.e. a privilege is "granted".

For example, I always say to people who complain about getting old not to complain because "old age is a privilege denied to many". Living a long time is not something that everyone gets, yet it's something that everyone wants, so to get it is a privilege. It's been granted by God or whoever.

Now take this and apply it to crossdressing and IMHO it's not the same. Crossdressing is only a privilege if you are in a situation where it's forbidden or somehow not allowed (crossdressing is not allowed and has to be granted to you by who?) You have no less rights to dress in whatever you want to than anyone else in the land. Ergo, to me the act of crossdressing is not a privilege. It's a preference. :2c:

TGMarla
10-10-2008, 08:29 PM
And perhaps, a luxury for many of us.

Rachel Morley
10-10-2008, 08:35 PM
And perhaps, a luxury for many of us.
Oh yes ..... most definitely a luxury for many I'm sure. It certainly is luxurious for me :)

docrobbysherry
10-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi Marla,

I'm sorry but I'm not quite sure I completely agree with you on this one.

To me, (and this is just my own personal opinion) a privilege is something that is not inherently your "right" to have or do, but somehow you have been "allowed" by who or whatever to do or get this thing that you want. i.e. a privilege is "granted".

For example, I always say to people who complain about getting old not to complain because "old age is a privilege denied to many". Living a long time is not something that everyone gets, yet it's something that everyone wants, so to get it is a privilege. It's been granted by God or whoever.

Now take this and apply it to crossdressing and IMHO it's not the same. Crossdressing is only a privilege if you are in a situation where it's forbidden or somehow not allowed (crossdressing is not allowed and has to be granted to you by who?) You have no less rights to dress in whatever you want to than anyone else in the land. Ergo, to me the act of crossdressing is not a privilege. It's a preference. :2c:

I would have died of appendicitis if I had lived 100 years ago, at age 35. Never would have lived long enough to discover CDing! I'm "privileged" to have lived in a time where I could survive long enough to excersize my "preference" for CDing! Which, at 35, wouldn't have even occurred to me!