PDA

View Full Version : a thought/question

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-10-2008, 12:09 AM
being as the younger female generation dont wear any tights/pantyhose,,(i think they dont even know what they are),,i was just hit with the thought,,do the younger generation crossdressers wear tights/pantyhose ?????????

the under 25 age group,,sorry for the confusion

Inachis
10-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Define younger generation, b/c I am 29 y/o and love wearing tights/pantyhose

Raquel June
10-10-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm 32 and I only ever wore pantyhose a couple times in high school under my jeans. I like the feel on my legs, but they're pretty uncomfortable.

I wear thigh-highs now and then, and tights sometimes in the winter. GGs still wear thigh-highs as lingerie, and tons of girls wear tights -- especially the Hot Topic crowd.

Delila
10-10-2008, 01:44 AM
I am 27 I love tights/pantyhose. I have noticed a very large trend at least in my area of women wearing pantyhose again. I think it is like anything else it just comes and goes. Plus I couldnt imagine going out in the winter with bare legs brrr.

Crystal Galadriel
10-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm 20 and do wear pantyhose/tights a decent amount when I dress, I love how soft it makes my legs feel, even with all that hair underneath! I don't have to shave and I can still feel smooth. It's wonderful.

Jess_cd32
10-10-2008, 02:01 AM
I think young cd's do certainly, cd's don't let the sexy look go out of fashion like GG's have at times, we've kept the mini skirt alive and well when most all GG's abandonded it ;-) go cd's!!!!!!!!!!!

Corsetted Nikki
10-10-2008, 05:49 AM
I'm 32. I only wear stockings.

Pantyhose are just so unhygenic.

Besides there's just something delicious about snapping your garters on your thigh!

Hugs,

rachel_rachel
10-10-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm not so sure about that.... I see the girls in their winter school uniforms have to wear either stockings or tights (normally black) There is a trend back to hoisery though.

Farrah
10-10-2008, 07:08 AM
I think most of us youger cd's and gg's go for the thigh highs. Simply because their more comfortable. I personally think they're sexy, especially the lace top thigh highs.

Electra
10-10-2008, 10:51 AM
I think most of us younger cd's and gg's go for the thigh highs. Simply because they are more comfortable. I personally think they're sexy, especially the lace top thigh highs.

I am not one of the younger CDs but, like Farrah, I go for thigh highs but ideally I like to have suspenders as well. Tights are too uncomfortable for me.

Cary
10-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm 35 and I love wearing tights and pantyhose! I hope to never stop wearing.:2c:

Karren H
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Well I'm not young... 56..... But I think that 99% of the crossdressers will say they love stockings.. Nylons... Panty hose or thigh highs. I love thigh highs personally... And you won't see a younger generation of crossdressers not wearing them until Wal-mart stops selling them!! Lol.

I did a poll over on another forum I'm on and most of the women said they don't wear them and that they are dead or dieing.. . Going the way of the corset, girdle, slip, pettycoat... Progress.. Lol.

But as long as ebay is around then were going to be OK!! Hahaha

Marjory
10-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I've just discovered the joy of open toes and sling backs so, at 65, I'm not wearing pantyhose.

Marjory

Raquel June
10-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I did a poll over on another forum I'm on and most of the women said they don't wear them and that they are dead or dieing.. . Going the way of the corset, girdle, slip, pettycoat... Progress.. Lol.

Maybe they went away, but girdles have been replaced by "shapewear," petticoats still show up in some hot costume-type outfits, and corsets and thigh highs definitely came back.

If anybody says otherwise, they need to explain how Frederick's is still in business and why Hot Topic has a whole aisle of corsets -- for high school girls!

Teri Jean
10-11-2008, 02:03 PM
At 59 I must say nylons, thigh highs and panty hose are my favorite things, Yes the snap of a garter belt is wonderful and a day at work with them under the jeans is like an 8 hour leg message. oooooh nice!!!!! Hugs:-)

battybattybats
10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Burlesque has been making a gradual comeback for years amidst the underground and various subcultures and if it continues then when it filters down to general society as old counter-culture trends tend to we should see a big resurgence in corsetry suspenders stockings lace etc.

Anastacia_Sandria
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Just hit 25 and love love love loooooove 'em! Thigh-highs, stockings, hose, the works. I just love the look and feel of them.

Schatten Lupus
10-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I've only worn them a couple times, but liked the way they made my legs feel.

MentalMercury
10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes and no, I love to wear fishnet thigh-highs for club/goth/occasion-type looks (GGs also). But I never dress 'female casual' and if I did then hose would be out of the question.

As far as women in my age group.. it's very uncommon (for me) to see hose, no matter which style of dress, older women, occasionally but still pretty rare. I'm talking about walking around my college campus mostly and observing the masses.

Carly D.
10-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm in my forties and started to wear pantyhose as "THE" reason for dressing up.. pantyhose was the "gateway" clothing for crossdressing in the same way that they say certain drugs are the gateway to something stronger.. I graduated from pantyhose to heels to dresses to.. you get the picture.. I can't imagine not wearing pantyhose or tights as a form of crosdressing.. but I also know that there would be those who think that I'm not a true cross dresser because I rarely wear make up..

tanya1976
11-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Definately! Although I like dressing barelegged at times, for me nothing beats the combination of smooth legs and glossy hose....

carolinebrookes
11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I have noticed that this season, their seems to be a trend for gg's to be wearing fishnets/coloured opaque tights or even different tights/hose of many colours.

I noticed this on a recent people watching session whilst waiting for some friends to turn up.
I'm all for that trend and it's good to see young ladies (20's/25's and above) showing off their legs festooned in all the colours of the rainbow! :D
I'm envious of those gorgeous legs!

docrobbysherry
11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm ancient and PREFER thigh hi's, but usually wear pantyhose, because they hold my hip/butt pads in place. My leg hair is virtually invisible, but always wear hose because I LOVE the feel and finished look.:daydreaming:

My daughter is in high school. Never see the kids there wearing anything on their legs except the occasional pair of colored tites!:straightface:

Angel.Marie76
11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
In the low 30s, and as a CDer, hose of any kind are a god(dess)send.. ;-) Yes, sometimes each type of hose has their ups and downs, but when you underdress 70% of the time, the ease of wear for me is nice.

As far as GGs go, my previous (and current) SO's were never really the girlygirly type, only indulging in skirts and dresses for special occasions. On those times, yeah, they would generally wear stockings (they knew I liked them /on/ them, a few though would never guess that I liked them on ME too) to finish an outfit, but they would generally complain that they don't like the hassle.

BuffyCD
11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
im 22!!! And I wear leggings ALOT! I love em. I wear them under really short dresses or cute longer shirts...Other than that, i love to wear fishnets when im feelin frisky! hehe.

-kon

stephanie.ts
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
When I was a child I would wear my mom's pantyhose. But now as an adult (25) I opt for thigh high stockings with a garter. My girlfriend however (23 and a GG) wears pantyhose.

pantyhose lover
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I Am 25 and am all about tights and pantyhose. I work on a college campus, and I have noticed actually more girls wearing tights with their dresses/skirts this year actually.