PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Boost

stevie b
10-10-2008, 02:56 AM
You have all been very supportive of me this year, here's an update.
My wife is supporting me more and more and has attended the local support group as well as nights out with them at the local gay bar, she really enjoys the company and she is accepted into the group very well.
I took the next step last night, getting dressed after work and going into the city for late night shopping. Scared and excited at the same time. I planned the route finding the nearest parking area before hand and not to far to walk.
Left home, ok, neighbours weren't around, good drive to the parking area, not too many people about so off I trott, what I forgot the notice was the large road I would have to cross and to my horror the pedestrian lights were red and I had to wait what seemed like an age to cross, there were quite a few people around me now, being 6 foot 3, I felt really noticeable. But nothing happened. Had a great shop, the staff were great very helpful, spent ages talking about dresses, diets and TG.
My wife found out about a weekend away for CD's in November and wants to go, no arguements from me on that one, spending an entire weekend dressed with a gala on the Saturday night, fantasic.
Sorry this is long winded but I am buzzzing this morning.
xx

Mollyanne
10-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Hi Stevie, GOOD FOR HUN, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

RachelDenise
10-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Another barrier hits the ground! Well done. Your wife sounds quite special. Treat her well and buy her something nice!

nikki47
10-10-2008, 05:14 AM
Well done Stevie,that must have been so nerve wracking,but you did it,well done.Enjoy your weekend away,wow a full weekend dressed.

Nikki

Angie G
10-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Your living the good life Stevie you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

Sandra
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Hey it's not long winded and you've got a right to be "buzzing"

I'm really please for you that your wife is supporting you more :) and I'm sure you'll both enjoy the weekend away.

TxKimberly
10-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Way to go!

pamela_a
10-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Great news Stevie. I'm glad you found out it's nice outside. Great news about your wife too. I hope the 2 of you have a great weekend.

-Paula-

stevie b
10-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Ah thanks for your support. I can honestly say I am the happiest I have ever been in my 53 years on this earth, I have founf out who I really am.
xx

Zenith
10-11-2008, 12:46 AM
:GD:

:yahoo:

:w00t:

Sarah...
10-11-2008, 12:52 AM
That's great stuff Stevie. Really great. It's fantastic support that you're getting from your wife and that's something to be valued. You seem to be at a similar stage in your journey to me so I'm always interested to read your news. I also have a supportive wife. My sister is also very supportive and is doing some research of her own into TG life. I thought of her when I read your post because she lives in Norwich too.

Stay happy!

Sarah...