PDA

View Full Version : Underdressing...not really for me

il.dso
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I have been crossdressing for over 40 years.
I love to get completely dressed up.
I've always been interested in underdressing and have had times where I've
worn panties and pantyhose all day, under my male work clothes.
It doesn't really do much for me.
If anything, it makes me more frustrated that I can't be completely dressed as a woman.
So, what am I missing here?
I'd welcome any suggestions or insights.
I've always gotten tremendous advice and support from this wonderful forum!

Electra
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
I get a certain amount of pleasure in just wearing delicate panties and a little more if I also wear suspenders and stockings to match but for full satisfaction I meed complete makeover.

CharleneT
10-10-2008, 11:23 AM
I understand what you mean ! For me, under-dressing is still important but it does some times seem like I'm teasing myself - unpleasantly.

Well, for me it is sorta "holding pattern" sensation. I like under-dressing because it is what I have done for a long time. Now I combine it with low level outer-dressing. Which is that in my day to day clothing choices, I normally wear women's clothes, BUT they are pretty unisex. Today I am wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top and a long sleeve chambrey shirt ( with ex-sis in law's company logo). It's only about 70 degrees... The shorts are Tommy H's and very short, the tank is SO brand, stripes in white, light blue, dark blue and pink. Shoes are women's, knock off's of Keen. Sorry for the long descript, but the point it that if you looked carefully and thought about it you would realize they were women's. Very few people ever do that though, hence I can "dress" without causing confusion or trouble. This still could be called "holding pattern..." but it is more satiating.

It helps that I do not have to dress in suits etc for work. I can be pretty casual.

Charlene

DeeDeeB
10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I too much prefer entirely feminine attire. However, since I can't during the day, I do find some comfort and a feminine feeling by wearing pantyhose, bra, small breast enhancers, women's tight jeans and unisex flats with a men's shirt to work. When I get home, it's a quick change into a skirt, heels, wig and larger enhancers.

But that's just me. Since you have tried underdressing and it doesn't do anything for you, you aren't missing a thing. We're all different, which is what makes life interesting.

There are a lot of things on this forum I don't understand or need to try, but I fully support everyone's right to express themselves in whatever way they want. So do it your way, and don't feel as if you are missing something just because someone else gets a kick out of it. Like bungee jumping. :eek:

Dee :fairy1:

ColleenW
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
I agree with DeeDeeB -

If you're not comfortable, or otherwise don't care for something, underdressing or anything else don't do it. One of the best things about this forum is the ability to interact with others with similar interests/problems, get new ideas, and then try or reject them to get to my own comfort level.:)

Deborah Jane
10-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I,m another one who doesn,t underdress, it just doesn,t feel right to me somehow.
I either dress fully or not at all, although i do seem to be dressing fully a lot more often now :)

Jennifer Cox
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
It seems to help relieve my frustration at not being able to dress fully - which is often the case. So sometimes I feel it useful to underdress, but I don't do it regularly.

Funnily enough (?), I've just returned from a girly shopping trip - spent a small fortune on undies - during which I was under-dressed. First time in ages. Quite like to do it in these circumstances, especially if I get to try on any clothes, since I get to see the undies again in the mirror :D

Today was quite warm, so as not wearing a coat, needed to be more discreet - no bra! Just wore camisole (with support, as I have mild gynecomastia), lace panties, lace top hold-ups & plenty of Dior Poison. Wish I'd also worn girly jeans, but I haven't as yet found a unisex top to go with them - think I need to make that a priority! :)

Alice B
10-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I am under dressed at least in panties all the time and if it is cool enough to wear long pants (I live in S. Calif) I often wear nylons and my toe nails are almost always painted. I am quite happy with this because I still respect and like my male side. But, when I can fully dress I do not hesitate to do it and then fully like and respect my female side.:daydreaming:

Sam44
10-10-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like wearing pantyhose under my male clothes too much either, but I'd never go back to men's underwear. I've got a lot of very comfortable women's thongs which allow me choices when I want a tighter or looser fit as well as a lot of novelty panties of various styles for whatever mood I might be in.

Similarly I have many bras: I actually don't feel right at this point without panties, a bra and some form of breast enhancement no matter what else I'm wearing.

If either my wife were more comfortable with me being dresses as a women in public or I weren't married I'd strongly consider dressing as a woman full time, but as it is I'm comfortable in my current state and there's still a trill at times when I push the boundaries a little :)

Nicole Erin
10-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Everyone has their level.
My greatest comfort level is kind of a 1/2 en femme ensemble.
That way I am femme enough to feel comfy but I don't have to worry about "passing".

deja true
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't underdress at all either...Just not my thing...Might be paranoia at being discovered...might be that I just don't get the point if I can't see it...might be that it's just too darn many clothes...or it might be that all that stuff is too hot sometimes...

:D...:strugglin...:D

Raquel June
10-10-2008, 06:58 PM
I never underdress, unless you count wearing comfortable cotton panties when the rest of my laundry is dirty.

I did it a few times in high school because it felt kinky. It really doesn't do anything for me anymore.

I've always been interested in underdressing

Huh? So then why does it interest you?

I guess you're saying you have a compulsion to dress but since you can't you wear panties to work and get frustrated. I would think there must be some sexual component to it and you're better off not going through the whole day sexually frustrated. But in that case it is doing something for you, and that's why you're frustrated.

Di
10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
No Worrys there are ALOT....ALOT of girls that do not underdress as it just isn't their thing. Just be you thats all that matters.

Rachel Morley
10-10-2008, 07:30 PM
I know a lot of people who agree with you. I'm unfortunately not one of them. I always underdress with minimally a bra and panties no matter what (with women's unisex clothes on top when I'm at work). I just love pretty things and underwear is one of them. I wouldn't be caught dead in "icky" manly underwear. :D

However, "each to their own" :)

Lauren Gray
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I am under dressed at least in panties all the time and if it is cool enough to wear long pants (I live in S. Calif) I often wear nylons and my toe nails are almost always painted. I am quite happy with this because I still respect and like my male side. But, when I can fully dress I do not hesitate to do it and then fully like and respect my female side.:daydreaming:

I agree with Alice and I like the way that she has expressed this. I look forward to the colder temps here in Utah so I can keep the toe nails painted.:D

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-10-2008, 08:00 PM
I under dress with Women thong panties, socks etc. I will also wear feminine tops when at work, but as soon as I get home it's into a skirt, bra and prettier blouse to wear around the house. Started wearing perfume about a month ago and recently started wearing choker style necklace's and this week started wearing a delicate bracelet. Love the feminine things..:battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't underdress at all either...Just not my thing...Might be paranoia at being discovered...might be that I just don't get the point if I can't see it...might be that it's just too darn many clothes...or it might be that all that stuff is too hot sometimes...
:D...:strugglin...:D

I tried nearly everything, years ago. Panties, ( mine r all tite and lycra/spandex. My MOM wears loose, comfortable, cotton panties, not me!), pantyhose, sports bras, girdles, waist nippers, even a corset once! All VERY unconfortable and warm after a few hours! Some items even gave me a rash!:doh:

Now, if it ain't comfy, it doesn't go to work on me!:)

Angie G
10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Undredressing is the only thing that keeps me going when I can't put on a skirt or dress.:hugs:
Angie

Lisa Catherine
10-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I just see it this way: You're an individual, and you're doing what works for you! I used to occasionally underdress, but I too, have an inner "all or nothing" inner feeling about crossdressing. To me, personally, underdressing seems kind of distracting, but for those who enjoy it, I just think they're simply doing what works for them!! Take for instance, the GI's that wear either sheer-to-the waist pantyhose or knee-highs while in uniform (it DOES help prevent blisters and chafing on a road march) among other things. :hugs:

TGMarla
10-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I, too, only rarely underdress.

Remember when your mother warned you to always wear clean underwear? "What if you got in an accident? The doctor would be aghast at your dirty underwear!!!"

What would he think of lacy panties and pantyhose? :p

Anyway, my wife's not down with it, so I really don't bother.

suchacutie
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Two years ago I had just finished losing about 35 pounds and bought new jeans. My wife hated how they fit! I commented that she liked my legs and maybe I should join the growing trend and buy women's jeans. She told me to give it a try. Of course, women's jeans are measure expecting a bigger hip to waist ratio, but very low rise jeans are measured on hip! So, my size 8 hips were used to order some very low rise jeans from Vic. Secret, and they fit WONDERFULLY! So, now as my jeans wear out, it's very low rise jeans, size 8.

Soooo, just try and wear guy undies under very low rise jeans!!! Once you start wearing low-rise thongs and bikinis, why wear anything else? Yes, I still have a few guy undies, but they are all small bikini/thong anyway, and they'll eventually wear out to be replace by what I need for the jeans that my wife loves! :)

tina

Patty
10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
"to each their own"
For myself its thongs 24/7, love to wear sandals-toe nails are painted, then nails are long for drab but I love them-arcl(spelling) and gel. With my two earring.

Jennifer Brooks
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
If anything, it makes me more frustrated that I can't be completely dressed as a woman.
So, what am I missing here?

Well, for me underdressing is the most dressing I can do ALL the time. I get to dress head to toe once every two or three months and full lingerie dressing 3-4 times a week (for an hour), so to get some kind of fem feeling, as soon as I get home from work and shower up, I get out the pantie stock pile and find a pair to sooth my mood of the day. During the winter I sometimes have a bra or bodybriefer on under my cloths and long and thick coat. Nobody knows.

With all that blabber (said), it depends on your situation as to why one would underdress. Work, family, wife or other reasons. Dressing is great for me as long as I have something on.

Rachaelb64
10-11-2008, 07:36 AM
I too rearly underdress, I prefer to go the whole hog, it just feel more comfortable for me :)

morgan51
10-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I also like to wear what suits some days its fully underdressed others its only drab I enjoy being a girl though. longish nails 24/7 2 earrings in each ear. painted toes all winter season low rise jeans size 12 a lot of the time so low rise undergarments are a must.Looking for unisex shoes/boots and some nice uni tops too what fun. Morgan

sfwarbonnet
10-11-2008, 11:47 AM
I underdress most of the time; see my post on 6/6/2008 in the For Those Who Underdress.. thread). Always panties and women’s pull-on slacks (I don’t have anything else) and usually pantyhose and a short slip (and a bra if my wife is at work; like now). She got most of my women’s clothes but only tolerates my wearing them. The more these become “natural”, the farther I want to go, with the goal of going out en femme with her. But underdressing is the max now, as I often need to remove “boobs” quickly in case friends and family who don’t know I CD drop in unexpectedly. I have found from experience that women’s pants, an unfilled bra, panties, a short slip, and sheer nylons are OK in “boy” mode. Going “’all the way” would be a bigger thrill, but it doesn’t afford a quick change, and my wife doesn’t want me to impersonating a female in public anyway. Thus, I am working toward appearing as a woman with her and using the ladies restroom on a vacation trip with an “excuse” such as competing in a costume contest

il.dso
10-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for all of the thoughtful and supportive responses.
Much appreciated.
This is such a wonderful forum!

WomanAtHeart4
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Good post. I like to hear different views. Interesting how some girls do not like to underdress at all. I respect and understand not mixing roles. :)For me; I underdress plus. I threw away my mens underwear. Even if I were not a crossdresser - they are awful. Nothing like the feel of a silky, smooth womens panties. Through the day, I get sensations they are there; smooth, feminine, soft. I usually wear a bra and small forms. First, the feel of a bra is so thrilling for me. I have recently added small forms. The forms add the feel of breasts. Often not seen by others but I can feel them. Like a gg woman, the minute by minute feel of breasts against the chest, feel of arms brushing against a breast, or breast pushing against a desk,etc; that female sensation that certainly is unconscious to gg females. You say; what is the big deal? I have found by being underdressd, subconsiously I behave more feminie; understanding, soft, conversant, gentle, sympathetic, gab about anything, engendered, equal. I work in a 80% female dominated work place; and having the female frame of mind pays off. I also add a faint (very faint); blush, masara, lip stick. When I am in a intense meeting with female peers as we are talking business, often they will unconsciously bring their hand inside their blouse to pull up their slipping bra strap. I often will do the same, with no notice from my gg sisters, but unconsciencely, reinforcing empathy in our similar femininity. Though urged, I have not yet pulled out my pocket makeup refresher like my gg co-workers to to freshen my lips in front of the committee; but the urge was there. There is power in being a woman.
Love, Stephanie

TGMarla
11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
You're not alone. I don't bother underdressing either. It just doesn't do anything for me but distract me during my day. I've been crossdressing for 36 years, but I refuse to let it dictate my life any more than it already does. So no, I don't underdress, and I really don't care to.

Samantha43
11-03-2008, 10:04 PM
I prefer to dress all the way, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. I have been underdressing more lately with the cooler temperatures. I usually wear panties and thigh highs. I occasionally wear a bra if I am wearing a sweatshirt that will hide it.

Vicky_Scot
11-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Undredressing is the only thing that keeps me going when I can't put on a skirt or dress.:hugs:
Angie

I feel the same Angie.

Its always nice to know you are at least wearing something feminine during the day even if its just a nice pair of panties.

Xx Vicky xX

María José
11-04-2008, 07:34 AM
I love to get completely dressed up.
I've never been interested in underdressing.

:)

Sonia_cd
11-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I always believed in keeping the 2 sides seperate down to the underwear and did so for over 10 years. However over the last couple of months I have been wearing my not so special panties under my male clothes and feel comfortable doing that to the point where I sometimes forget I have underwear on. Wearing a bra of any kind is simply out of the question because it will certainly show and I am in the closet. Of course the only difficulty is staying tucked if you have to use a public restroom and the stalls are taken and that bugs me no end. But that's a totally different topic.

I've now decided to try wearing panties everyday and see how it feels. Towards that I will be going shopping tomorrow to get myself some nice ones. Let's see how this turns out.

darla_g
11-04-2008, 10:53 AM
i have rarely if every underdressed. In fact if i can't dress all the way (shaving etc) i'd rather not. Maybe that doesn't make sense to some people, but I guess the same thing could be said for underdressing.

CD_DIANE
11-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Getting fully dressed is great, but it's not always possible. You do what you can.

Diane

gennee
11-04-2008, 02:16 PM
I wear panties all the time. I'll wear a cami under my shirt. When I'm home I always wear a skirt. I dress up completely one to three times a week.

Gennee

:)

Nicole Marie
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I guess one more opinion can't hurt. Under-dressing (who knew there was a word for it!) does not do it for me either! I need to be able to dress completely in order to get that great "it all feels right" sensation.

Ronni Seymour
11-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Undredressing is the only thing that keeps me going when I can't put on a skirt or dress

That's me too.

Clara
11-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't underdress either. It's either fully dressed or not at all. I tried it a couple of times and it didn't really work for me. I didn't feel neither like Clara nor like the male me. (I shave though and now when summer's gone I keep my toes painted...too much work to keep removing/applying polish.)

sometimes_miss
11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
I tried it, but if there's guy clothes on top, I just feel the same as always; as if I'm in the wrong clothes. I want the feeling of wearing 'only female' attire, which to me differentiates who I truly am, from what most of the world wants me to be. It's one of the reasons I have so much trouble getting myself out of the house; once I'm 'dressed', I have difficulty taking the girl clothes off unless I'm putting different ones back on. I don't want to have to deal with reality, of forever only being a guy.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Not into the underdressing either. I tried it a long time ago but it did nothing for me other than being yet another piece to add to my wardrobe. if I wear a skirt that is not floor length, then I wear the stripey tights or pantyhose, but thats about it.

Zara