PDA

View Full Version : Plus and Minus

vikki2020
10-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Well, as a huge plus, I was able to dress and get out 7 days in the last 2 weeks.Got to really work on the make-up routine, and think I improved each day, especially the eyes.I was all over the city, doing some shopping, mixed in with regular everyday chores, which are a lot more fun when done en femme!Even went in Water Tower Place, and shopped in Macy's, with the "Big Girls"!Now , the "minus",or is it---going out dressed became so "normal".Kind of lost that edgy thrill.Did I just cross another barrier, getting more comfortable with being vikki?Is loosing the thrill aspect a stepping stone to my true self?I kind of miss the heart pumping, but on the other hand, the feeling of being out, and really not even thinking about it, --I guess that's progress,right!:D

Karren H
10-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah.....

The thrill is gone...... But it gets replaced by a comfort level and an attitude that projects you belong out there, dressed as you are!! You can go on roller coasters to get the thrill feeling but the new comfort and attitude is well worth the price of admission!! In my humble opinion. :)

Sam-antha
10-10-2008, 12:05 PM
That is, sadly, progress and it happens with everything we do. The edgy thrill may leave you, but what remains is satisfaction/pleasure at being able to do what you have achieved. Remember you now can do it all over again, most anywhere now.
I guess you are a big girl now, in another world.
Huggzzes
~Samm

vikki2020
10-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I guess so. Thanks for the comments,-- next thing you know, I'll ditch the skirt and heels for [gasp] casual clothing!:eek:

Rachel Morley
10-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I know what you mean. When I first started going out I was very nervous and sometimes downright "frightened to death" (especially about going into certain mainstream places) but my wife was persistent and always give that little "shove" to try to get me to "push the envelope" sometimes I didn't want to but she "made me".

However, I'm so thankful that she did this because now I have way more confidence and my dressing in public is much more enjoyable because I'm not looking over my shoulder every 5 minutes to see if I've been read or who is looking at me.

Is it now "normal"? ... almost. It's still really enjoyable and if I am dressed more femininely that the other women around me then I still get a "thrill", but it's not the same kind of "thrill" :)

P.S. There are still a few places that make me a little nervous about being dressed as a girl when I go there.

Annie D
10-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Although still very cautious about where I go, I too, feel so much more comfortable about entering crowded public places. My heart used to beat so rapidly that I was sure that everyone around me could hear it and then turn around and make me and my knees were weak I didn't think that I could take another step to escape to the safety of my car but slowly I became more and more determined to be out as Annie. What I have finally come to the conclusion is that I don't really care if I am seen as a strange man wearing women's clothing because my presentation as Annie is me and because I am not really masquerading as something I am not, I feel comfortable with how I am dressed and perceived by others. I can't help if they think a certain way about us, the people who are brave enough to talk to me quickly recognize that I mean them no harm and that in itself makes me more comfortable and not on the brink of breakdown as in the past.

Jocelyn Renee
10-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I used to mourn the loss of "the thrill", but I find I much prefer the comfort of just feeling normal.