PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps I do think a little differently when dressed up

Sam44
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
I've sort of assumed that I'm the same dressed in women's outerwear as not. (I'm always in women's underwear so that's not relevant :) )

But today (for the first time ever) I wore a skirt to a Starbucks. No one has batted an eye, given me any furtive glances, nor have I (over)heard any conversation about it...

Anyway as I sat down with my hot drink, a cold drink and a piece of pumpkin bread in the empty comfy chairs that I like the best I noticed that there was no table in reach... I said to a gal behind a computer about four feet away "I hate it when there aren't any tables." She said "I know. Perhaps you can drag over a chair." We did the normal trailing conversation disengagement talking abut spilling things, etc. and as I sat there I realized that that was a good idea to get a chair to put things on. I told her that I wasn't so good at talking good advice and grabbed a chair.

After a while I realized that my normal contrarian self might well have tuffed out sitting there with things precariously poised on the arms of the chair and that just perhaps being in a skirt does make a difference in my brain somewhere :)

Nicole Erin
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
WE are CDs, we are more comfortable en femme, especially around people who are not giving us crap. I mean let's face it, not too many wanna-be's or other riff raff is going to go to Starbucks. Most coffee shops are pretty safe for a CD.
Good thing you enjoyed yourslef.

mykhelee
10-11-2008, 05:33 PM
I have dressed at my friend Jen's a couple of times..she and her daughter are cool with it. Daughter is college age..Jen is a little older than me. Jen and her SO Cat comment that my mannerisms, speech pattern and much else are very different when I am dressed. I am very feminine. In drab..I would remind one of the intimidating barroom brawler type:devil:
In my finery, I make a pretty classy older gal. nice legs.:heehee:

Anastacia_Sandria
10-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I have a definite change while dressed. Though I didn't pick up on it at first, my wife told me that I'm a lot calmer dressed. In guy mode if something really pissed me off I get...well, very grumpy. When I'm in girl mode, things just don't seem to get to me.

emmicd
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I am so closeted that I could never even dream of going out in a skirt or dress to a public establishment and to engage in conversation with a woman is tremendous. You must have had experience in dressing and going out. I admire you for that! I'm afraid I will remain a deeply closeted crossdresser with no one to share it with. My wife knows I have womens clothes but can not accept it.

I can not subject my wife and son to it. I can only do it privately. I do love dressing though!

Good for you!

emmi
xoxo

Sam44
10-11-2008, 11:42 PM
... to engage in conversation with a woman is tremendous. You must have had experience in dressing and going out....

Well I don't even come close to passing (I have a beard) and I have no fashion sense what-so-ever (tho my wife gives me suggestions now and then)

My first experiences being dressed out of the house were early morning walks, then every once in a while later in the day. Women almost always say "hi" or at least smile when I meet them walking so I'm not surprised or uncomfortable when a conversation starts.

As I hinted at this was my first time in a skirt in a public place except for walking trails. I was surprised at the total lack of surprise to my looks: I get more glances wearing shorts and sandals in the winter :)