PDA

View Full Version : Wigmaking?

Shy
05-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Anyone here tried it yet? Most of the styles I want to make go for well over $100 on eBay, so I figure I'll just buy the supplies and make them myself.

jo_ann
05-29-2005, 09:35 AM
not worth the trouble. you'd have to grow your own hair, cut out the hair in chunks, and attempt to gather it to a webbing (without dropping it) and pray you did it right. I have a friend that makes toupes as a side business, and they don't look all that great (and he's a professional). some of the fake hair wigs look better than the real hair ones.

Shy
05-29-2005, 02:15 PM
I was thinking of something a little more synthetic and funkier, like this:

http://www.angelemma.com/gallery/customer/Laurapurplebigsm.jpg

I bought a few bags of kanekalon hair at the store for $2 each, and found that it would only take a couple of them to complete a similarly styled hairpiece.

Mandy Salamander
05-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey Shy, I think thats very do-able, in fact, I have a gothy GG friend who made several similar for herself, I'll try to look her up in case you need some tips, should do that any way as have kinda lost touch with each other, that's my bad, she's one of my herpetology buds and I've been lax in that arena lately. Also just like to say I love you goth kids, you're all so adorable, I'm in my mid-40's so not really my look, but do have a couple get-ups I can throw together and get out to a local goth club occasionally, though basically a straight club they seem much more accepting than local gay bars, intriguing? I'm certainly not the prettiest thing on the dance floor, but ALL the kids treat me very,very well and feel quite comfortable. Anyhoots, Good Luck with the wig, if nothing else should be oodles of fun.

Shy
05-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Hey Shy, I think thats very do-able, in fact, I have a gothy GG friend who made several similar for herself, I'll try to look her up in case you need some tips, should do that any way as have kinda lost touch with each other, that's my bad, she's one of my herpetology buds and I've been lax in that arena lately. Also just like to say I love you goth kids, you're all so adorable, I'm in my mid-40's so not really my look, but do have a couple get-ups I can throw together and get out to a local goth club occasionally, though basically a straight club they seem much more accepting than local gay bars, intriguing? I'm certainly not the prettiest thing on the dance floor, but ALL the kids treat me very,very well and feel quite comfortable. Anyhoots, Good Luck with the wig, if nothing else should be oodles of fun.

Thanks for the support! I've found a few pages out there that have great starting tips, we'll have to see what I can do!