PDA

View Full Version : advice on clothes to suit my age

tullyxxx
05-29-2005, 03:26 AM
xxx

tullyxxx
05-29-2005, 03:28 AM
I am a 69 year-old crossdresser. I am confused about what would look good on me, and I wear anything and everything - sometimes tarty, sometimes office looking, sometimes evening wear, although I have a tendancy to short skirts and sexy looking blouses, and I love stockings with suspender belts. I love to wear long-haired wigs but they seem to make me look older - maybe it's the colour? I must wear make-up when dressing up - can't go around looking like something the dog dragged in. Any good tips?
"If you worry you die, if you don't worry you still die, so why worry" :thumbsup:

Jonien
05-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Love to help but I have the same problem I'm 62 But all my gear is young and short but that is how I feel Well young at least Now were do I get that face lift

Don't feel your age be how you feel

Huggs Jonien

ronna
05-29-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't know, I can see myself in a few more years sitting around in a blue wig and horn-rimmed glasses and looking back on my younger years and wondering where they went but enjoying the heck out of dressing up for fun!

Jen_TGCD
05-29-2005, 10:28 AM
I've noticed that "older women" do not expose a lot of skin... it's not an asset when gravity starts to take over. Opt for capris instead of shorts or below the knee skirts and dresses. Sleeveless and short sleeve blouses are out, too. I have some longer wigs mixed with a little gray and wear them in an "up do"... which is what I see in older women, also.

The best way to pass, while out, for any age... a nice jogging suit and big sunglasses!!! Not sexy... but just look around at other women... they dress comfortable!!!

Jen_TGCD
05-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I don't know, I can see myself in a few more years sitting around in a blue wig and horn-rimmed glasses and looking back on my younger years and wondering where they went but enjoying the heck out of dressing up for fun!

:thumbsup: Good attitude, Ronna!!!

Just take care of your skin while you are still young... trust me on this!!! Plus... there are a lot of good looking older women... just takes a little style and a lot of moisturizer!!!;)

Tamara Croft
05-29-2005, 10:59 AM
:thumbsup: Good attitude, Ronna!!!

Just take care of your skin while you are still young... trust me on this!!! Plus... there are a lot of good looking older women... just takes a little style and a lot of moisturizer!!!;)
Oh I have to agree 110% with that!!!!!! I never used soap when I was little..... totally refused. I hated the way it tightened up on my face ewwwwww :thumbsdn: I think it's paid off...... (hoping anyway) I don't think I'm doing bad for coming up to 35 this year :D