PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

Sherlyn
10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi
....I don't Thread in this section much ..but was just wondering ...Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress ..hose and heels to feel your softer side 100%?...I myself use to feel it was a necessity...but sometimes just leaving the skirts in the closet and wearing jeans ... nothing spectacular on top gives me a much more comfortable and to be honest more natural feeling when just going out for a walk about the village or even a drive for coffee..of course a little make-up is always necessary..:heehee:...can't go out without lippy and mascara:D
Sorta Like This

Deidra Cowen
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I luv jeans and to tell the truth one of the biggest things that I get satisfaction from in my dressing is to try to wear outfits like da GGs are doing. Capri pants are da bomb too but getting late in the season for them.

Sometimes I go with skirts but it is rare...one thing is that for a guy I have a really big butt! So jeans or capris really highlight that feature I got.

By the way sweetie nice pic!

trisha59
10-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I'v tried pants but I just can't find a pair that works for me. I would love to find a nice suit that would look great on me but I just do not have the right body.
Trisha

Deborah Jane
10-11-2008, 10:15 AM
I quite often put on a wig and minimal makeup, then slouch about in skinny jeans, a jumper and a pair of fluffy slippers in the evening [obviously tucked, wearing forms and lacy underwear underneath]
Strangely i often feel more girly like that :)

docrobbysherry
10-11-2008, 10:20 AM
what I would do, or where I would dare to go. If I could look half as pretty and/or cute as u do! I'm sure there's many others that feel the same way.

U have no idea how much I would love to just throw on jeans, top, wig, and heels, to run to the store sometimes! :)

I think some of us love your posts and pics so much, because u r kind of living our dream!:daydreaming:

Mirani
10-11-2008, 10:26 AM
I often get home, change out of my work clothes (often femme these days) and put on some slacks and a top.
I dont feel any less femminine.
And my partner is responsible for teaching me that letting my femme side out can be achieved by casual wear, light makeup and ATTITUDE.

She always reminds me if my behaviour/demeanour/bodylanguage slips out of kilter. Mind you, this is happening less and less, but I appreciate it when she nudges me back if I slip.

victoriamwilliams1
10-11-2008, 10:30 AM
I think if I was a full time dreser I would have the same feeling at times. But either way I would not feel different.

Susan Watersfield
10-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey Sherlyn,

You look pretty good in that outfit. But then you always look good anyway :)

As for me, I usually prefer to be in a dress or skirt.

However, very occassionally I put on a pair of slacks or jeans, and to be honest it makes a nice change. As they say, a change is as good as a rest..... :)

Luv

Susan

Jocelyn Renee
10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I love women's jeans as you can vary your style with a shoe and top change. Plus I blend better doing the day-to-day stuff running errands etc. Like GGs I reserve skirts and dresses for more specific occasions .

Rachel Morley
10-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Hi Sherlyn,

Great question. I know of lots of CDers who say that skirts and dresses make them feel more feminine, and I can understand why.

Me? ..... I can feel feminine just putting a pair of high heeled shoes on!:D However, it is fair to say that I do wear my fair share of skirts and dresses. Do I always reach for them when we go out? ... no ... but it is usually my first thought.

I think my choice depends on where I'm going and what the occasion is. If I'm going out on an errand or I'm just hanging out at home, or I'm around a TG friend's house watching a movie and eating pizza, then you will often find me in in jeans or capris. In the winter I like denium skirts, tights and boots. In the summer it's shorter skirts, and summer dresses. So to directly answer your question: "Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress?" No it's not something I "need" but it is something I tend to go for more often than pants.

Hugs
Rachel

Always Susan
10-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Don't get me wrong I like wearing heels and hoses and everything esle,but the more time I spend en femme I've become a fan of not dressing up. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make the girl in me happy. Cotton panties, jeans , cami tops, and keds can do it . Throw on a necklace and earrings and I'm feel just as much a girl as if I was wearing a prom dress. Maybe not quite as much, but petty close. If you haven't tried it don't knock it.:2c:

Sherry-Stephanie
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Not really....I can feel the same wearing jeans as I do a skirt or dress....I think for me it's its the "total package" as much as where it's more feminine to have a skirt over jeans....

I feel feminine just wearing a pair of heels and not much else, as I am at the moment, to being all put together down to nails....I think once I put something on that is of the female attire my female side kicks in....and goes from there....

Wendy Seymone
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Jeans just seem to fit my lifestyle. Although I still always try to dress appropriately for the occasion... It actually almost has to be like a semi-special occasion for me to even think of wearing a skirt anymore. :battingeyelashes:

Nicole Erin
10-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress ..hose and heels to feel your softer side 100%

I do not.
Hose are a tremendous help and probably necessary...

HOwever my opinion of the skirt and makeup is that it is the true line between androgynous and CD'ing. I could wear a pretty top, femme jeans and heels and not really feel "CD'ed". However, once the skirt and makeup goes on, THEN I am truely Erin

I do like my femme jeans tho or my femme shorts, they show off my sexy legs, and everyone wants to se those and fall in love with me. :D

ColleenW
10-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Sherlyn -

Casual is fine for me (BTW you're really cute in that picture:)), even underdressing can make me feel feminine.

Denise01
10-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi Sherilyn:

When i am going out for dinner or Shopping I like a skirt or a dress, as I find that it makes me feel more femme, and great when out for an evening.

When I am travelling I try to blend in with the crowd, and will mostly wear slacks or jeans.

Regardless of what I am wearing, when i am out fully as Denise, i feel comfortable either way wearing either a skirt , dress or slacks

Denise

Karren H
10-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Skirt or dress!!! Always!! Ok if it's 20 below then maybe a pair of slacks.... but never jeans....

CassieW
10-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I love my girl jeans, they let me blend(sort of) but at home I like the yoga pants and my forms with a cool cami top, very comfortable

Huggs,
Cassie:)

Sherlyn
10-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Great responses..and I actually am surprised at the amount that say they feel no change ..that's great news :) tells me that clothes don't necessarily make our softer side shine thru ..its just naturally who we are ..Thank-You for the reply's :)

Carin
10-11-2008, 05:07 PM
I love women's jeans as you can vary your style with a shoe and top change. Plus I blend better doing the day-to-day stuff running errands etc. Like GGs I reserve skirts and dresses for more specific occasions .

:yt:

Sally2005
10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Hard to explain, but I think it is how the clothes make you look and how you feel. A female can look totally sexy wearing loose mens jeans or tight womens. I enjoy the challenge of wearing the tight clothing because if it fits right anyone looking would not be able to tell I'm physically male...the other part is they fit like a second skin which makes you feel naked in a way...generally only women experience it.

serinalynn
10-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Jeans just seem to fit my lifestyle. Although I still always try to dress appropriately for the occasion... It actually almost has to be like a semi-special occasion for me to even think of wearing a skirt anymore. :battingeyelashes:

Your look great in that black top and jeans, Wendy:thumbsup: I love wearing jeans with a nice low neckline top and with my plunge bra.

Gisele
10-11-2008, 08:32 PM
When I first started to dress up it was the usual dresses and skirts. Now that I have been there and done that, I am pretty much happy in my hiphugger jeans and t's or sweaters when it's cooler out. I have many skirts to choose from, but time to time I wear them.

I guess I fall in the "regular girl clothes" catagory.

Dawn Marie
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Now it is not so much the clothes that give me the feeling of femininity, but more of my attitude of who I am inside. Don't get me wrong,I LOVE skirts and dresses, but would love to just wear jeans and a t-shirt as long as my makeup is right and I have the right fondation wear underneath. To me the whole concept has to do with the inner me(girl) getting out and to project that inner girl on the outside, whether it be in a skirt or dress or just jeans or slacks.

Glenda58
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Sherilyn you look great in jeans or pants plus you don't stand out from the other ladies. Save the skirts and dresses for night or special events. When I was out during the day I would wear jeans or slacks.

Mitzi
10-11-2008, 11:42 PM
It used to be that unless I wore heels with dresses or slacks, I didn't feel dressed. These days I prefer capris/rollup jeans etc. with flats, like so. It's so much easier to blend in when out and about too.

My dresses rarely see the light of day anymore...but I do love putting on the heels, my first love...

Mitzi

Wendy Seymone
10-12-2008, 03:28 AM
Your look great in that black top and jeans, Wendy:thumbsup: I love wearing jeans with a nice low neckline top and with my plunge bra.

Thank you Serinalynn... That is so very sweet of you. :battingeyelashes:

Electra
10-12-2008, 04:21 AM
I can't really see the point of wearing jeans to look like a girl. Skirt or dress for me, always. Even women don't look like women IMO when they wear jeans or trousers. But maybe, like beauty, the apparition of woman is in the eye of the beholder.

I wear jeans, male ones, and shirt everyday at home and can't imagine getting any CD feeling wearing female jeans. The same goes for trousers (what you call pants in the US). What new feeling can I get wearing them since I wear my trousers going to work daily?

Shelly Preston
10-12-2008, 05:32 AM
While Jeans are not for me

There is no reason why a CD cant look good wearing them

If you have the right body shape its a good start

Good luck to all those that can wear em :)

p.s. some real girls look better in jeans

Carroll
10-12-2008, 05:39 AM
The softer side in me prefers the dresses, bra/breast forms, a good shave, and the wig. The make up is more for going out, which I rarely do, same thing for the hose.

pinkeverything
10-12-2008, 05:46 AM
I want a pair of jeans in the worst way. I've tried to shop for a pair a couple of times in the last month, but no luck yet. I have to try and relax a bit. Most of my shopping for femme clothes has been grab and pay. I tried a pair of jeans in size 11 and they were pretty big. Next I'll try an 8 and a 9.:brolleyes:

Wendy Seymone
10-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Even women don't look like women IMO when they wear jeans or trousers. But maybe, like beauty, the apparition of woman is in the eye of the beholder.

"People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves."

~ Salma Hayek

Diane CHILDS
10-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I do have a few pairs of womens trousers (slacks) but no jeans.

In common with several of my female relatives ..... I just prefer skirts!

I have three mens kilts that I sometimes wear in male mode, one is my national tartan (Cornish) one is a family tartan and the other is plain black . I don't usually mix and match with any clothing designed for women, just with a mans gillie shirt, knee woolen hose, plain leather sporran and brogue shoes .... (oh and a male thong only highlanders usually go commando :o). I just feel more comfortable in a skirt.

Many women like to wear a dress or skirt when they go out on a special occasion and as I currently only get out of the house dressed en femme perhaps 2 or 3 times a month .... those occasions are special to me so I prefer to dress to suit my mood and to please myself..... which means no trousers.

RobinScott
10-12-2008, 01:20 PM
One of my GG friends says that I own more dresses than she dose. She has seen me in a dress several times, and she never wares one. Of the GGs I hang out with, I have not seen a one of them in a dress.

It is almost to the point that a woman waring a dress is trying to stand out. I find that the more I try to stand out, the more I get read. The less I try, the more I pass. I get called miss, or maam, more when I am in 'boy' mode and not even trying.

Robin

cindybarnes
10-13-2008, 05:31 AM
I feel just as feminine in jeans or slacks and a nice top,or sweater. in fact if I go out during the Summer, I have to hide my legs somehow :)

Cindy

morgan51
10-13-2008, 06:16 AM
I have as many lowrise jeans as I do skirts I like them both I have come to look for comfort first in my dressing its an age thing I beleive. skirts are most comfy to me.but there are times I just want to throw on jeans and a t and feel fine. especially outside the home. girl jeans most of the time dressing without really dressing looking for some great unisex tops or fem tops i can get away with.

Lorna
10-13-2008, 06:25 AM
The answer to this seems to depend on many different factors. For me, I have only very occasional and usually brief opportunities to dress and I never go out dressed. So, to make the most of those times, it's always a skirt or dress.

The only way I can begin to experience just a little of how it feels to be out and about in women's clothes, is to wear the feminine underwear beneath my male clothes. I have done this quite often and although I would very much like to add the high heels, etc. that's something I do not have the confidence (or opportunity to do). I imagine that the sensations I have from the underwear would not be very different whether my shirt, trousers, etc were male or female.

I can well imagine that if I dressed full time there would be many occasions when I would choose trousers for practical reasons, just as women do. I really don't know whether I would eventually come to wear them most of the time....I think I enjoy the skirts too much for that.

Joan Merrie
10-13-2008, 06:26 AM
Fem jeans all the time for me now, except when I'm working on my jeep. I'm slowly weeding out my old male jeans.:hugs:

Angie G
10-13-2008, 08:03 AM
My wife and I wen't to the outlet mall this past friday I was looking for my first pair of jeans but liked nothing that was in my size. Maybe I'll try the thrift stores. I never thought I'd like them but after trying a pair on I gotta get some.:hugs:
Angie

Chari
10-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Most of the GGs I know and see when out and about don't wear skirts and dresses everyday, and I feel the same way. No matter what the event, I always try to present myself as a woman with class, dressing age appropriately. Always underdress with light makeup, but at home I'm usually in tight jeans, fitted top/sweater, and low heels. I'm comfortable being me!

sfwarbonnet
10-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi
....I don't Thread in this section much ..but was just wondering ...Do you always feel the need to be in a skirt or dress ..hose and heels to feel your softer side 100%?...I myself use to feel it was a necessity...but sometimes just leaving the skirts in the closet and wearing jeans ... nothing spectacular on top gives me a much more comfortable and to be honest more natural feeling when just going out for a walk about the village or even a drive for coffee...

I always wear women’s pull-on slacks or jeans and panties, and usually a short slip and pantyhose. A skirt is easier to put on than pants, but GGs usually don’t wear skirts and nylons unless they are “dressed up” so pants blend in better. I use a wheelchair, and since I am always seated, a skirt that looks like pants would be ideal. Wearing a slip with a crotch closure with pants would be even better thana short slip to hide the tops of panties and pantyhose, and to avoid (an uncomfortable) bare back. Also, colder weather makes it easier to hide a bra, in fact, I am wearind one now, and am looking for a bra/collar to wear with sweaters. Whether going "all the way" or just underdressing, the keys are to dress appropriate to your age, body type, and venue so you don't attract unwanted attention.

marny
10-14-2008, 12:29 AM
curious to know your motivation since you declare you don't post here often? marny

Zenith
10-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Well sure, femme pants are very pretty and a fine substitute for dresses and skirts...I have a pair of leather pants from Newport News...I love them but I just can't fill them out as a proper woman...
:sad:

Maybe if I could figure out how...
:daydreaming:

Deanna2
10-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Wouldn't wear jeans under any circumstances - male or femme. I will wear leggings or femme trackie dacs though.

Slip Affinity
10-14-2008, 07:29 AM
For me, it's the underwear more than the outer wear. Love those full slips, bras, panties and thigh highs.

NikkiBeth
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
To me, I am able to feel my softer side no matter what I am wearing. Actualy my womens jeans fit me better than my mens jeans. :dance:
As fall quickly approaches, jeans, sweaters, my favorite barn coat, a little make-up, become my "uniform".

Nikki

MJ
10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
for me it depends on the season i love skirts but when that cold wind blows jeans or a pair of slacks is a must

Cary
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
I have just started getting into wearing women's jeans. I have to say they are very soft and comfy. I look better in them then I do in my man jeans. So far so good. As for dressier things...they all have a place in closet and on my body.

TxKimberly
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
"Need" might be too strong a word for me. I do prefer a skirt or dress because, let's face it, I can wear pants any day, all day!

Shari
10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Sherlyn
If I looked as good as you do, I'd want to be dressed full time.
I know I can't pass, so the fantasy of going out will always remain just that. A fantasy.
Shari

Sherlyn
10-14-2008, 06:11 PM
curious to know your motivation since you declare you don't post here often? marny

No motivation ..Do I need one to post a Question ?I'm just asking ..because I tried it and there was no cause for alarm at standing out ..going for a walk in the evening..and was wondering if others felt the same

Pants are not just for guys you know..to each there own tho :)

Ronni Seymour
10-14-2008, 07:41 PM
As long as I can don my wig and a little makeup, I'm good to go in whatever. Snug jeans are winners any time!

BeckiB
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I do't think it is practicle to wear a skirt all the time. Dressing over the top to go to the mall makes one really stick out. Jeans are a much better fit. If you wish to blend in it is best to see what GG's are wearing at different places and times and learn from them.

carolinewalker_2000
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I think that when we start dressing there is a feeling that we can only show our feminine side by wearing overtly feminine clothes; ie skirts and dresses. As we become more comfortable with our feminine persona we realise that this is really coming from inside us and that clothes aren't the be all and end all. (Having said that, there is no way I am going to give up on my pretty dresses!)

Sharon B.
10-15-2008, 05:41 AM
I do enjoy wearing skirts and dresses whenever I can, but as long as the slacks or jeans are women's I have no problem wearing them either. I would also wear a woman's top or sweater with the slacks and/or jeans and some makeup, jewelry, woman's shoes or boots along with my purse and perfume. In the end as long as I was wearing all feminine attire, I would be happy.

sfwarbonnet
10-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I do enjoy wearing skirts and dresses whenever I can, but as long as the slacks or jeans are women's I have no problem wearing them either. I would also wear a woman's top or sweater with the slacks and/or jeans and some makeup, jewelry, woman's shoes or boots along with my purse and perfume. In the end as long as I was wearing all feminine attire, I would be happy.

I am gradually transitioning to all women's clothes, albeit they are unisex where they might be apparent. I was comfortable wearing sheer nylons with light colored slacks and shoue last summer, but wearing them with darker pants and shoes makes me uncomfortable as they seem more apparent and would be even more obvious if shoes were removed. I wonder if there are opaque support tights similar to the Leggs Everyday support pantyhose?

Kyara
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM
In my case, feeling that softer side really doesn't mean that I must wear this or that. I can feel the woman in me while taking a bath or while I'm in bed. I don't go out fully dressed that much; but I do a lot of 50/50, in which cases I wear mostly jeans because of the confort. I recently found a pair of very sexy slacks that I haven't worn out of the house yet. When I find the opportunity to dress in full at home, I prefer skirts.....and I leave dresses for whenever I can go to a club or a party.

But again, a pair of nicely fitting jeans and a blouse, with the appropriate undergarments, are more than enough for me...with high heels and make-up.

Lisa Golightly
10-19-2008, 04:40 AM
80% jeans and trousers... but when I want to feel special or feel like a flirt then it's a swishy dress or skirt that does the biz :)

Margot
10-19-2008, 06:56 AM
I usually wear slacks or jeans with blouses or sweaters when I'm out.I reserve skirts and dresses for around the house.
I don't want to scare the outside world too much.
:hugs:
Margot

sfwarbonnet
10-25-2008, 10:30 AM
I do't think it is practic[al] to wear a skirt all the time. Dressing over the top to go to the mall makes one really stick out. Jeans are a much better fit. If you wish to blend in it is best to see what GG's are wearing at different places and times and learn from them.

I too like skirts as they feel feminine. However, GGs don't wear skirts and dresses much anymore, so wearing them out would usually attract attention that we don't want. Unisex clothes blend in better and it still feels feminine to wear pants with panties, pantyhose, and a slip even in "boy" mode.

Sherilyn - I always wear women's pull-on pants with panties, pantyhose and a slip. When my wife is working (like now), I wear a bra too. As a skirt is easier to put on ond straighten than pants, I am looking for a long skirt that would look like pants when I an seated (as I always am because I use a wheelchair). In the evenings, I usually remove the pants and shirt and put on a (plain) dress. This has become natural, and my wife doesn't seem to care that I am dressed in front of her. Next. I want to go out in public with her when I am dressed as a woman.

Wendy me
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Sherilyn good question the answer is no i don't need to do all that ...... my "softer side" is always close by .... i don't need to dress up to be me...............

StephanieC
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Nope. I don't always have to be in skirts or dresses. I have some great bottoms and even a tee can make me feel good.

It really depends: on mood, weather, the fabric, the color, my laundry situation. Sometimes I'd catch a momentary sensation and that's enough to change my whole attitude...it doesn't always have to be a major production. But on the other hand, it takes me wayyyyy too long to get ready for work in the morning. So I guess it's all relative.

Kerrylee61
11-29-2008, 01:56 PM
I do not.
Hose are a tremendous help and probably necessary...

HOwever my opinion of the skirt and makeup is that it is the true line between androgynous and CD'ing. I could wear a pretty top, femme jeans and heels and not really feel "CD'ed". However, once the skirt and makeup goes on, THEN I am truely Erin

I do like my femme jeans tho or my femme shorts, they show off my sexy legs, and everyone wants to se those and fall in love with me. :D

That's pretty much how I feel. There has to be either a skirt or shorts with femme shoes at least to move "over the line" for me. Actually at this point in my life I feel more androginous than anything. Here I go again with the maturity thing.... :confused2:

Kerry Lee

jessielee
11-29-2008, 07:06 PM
dear Sherlyn,
tried to see attachment but it was indicated as "invalid" and that i should tell a moderator if i feel it is a valid link!
regardless, while dressing up feels so fine and dainty, unquestionably, how i love to just slouch around in comfortable "real girl," real life clothes! jeans and a loose sweater. fluffy socks. hair in a pony tail or out the back of a ball cap.
but this mindset comes easy in a hedonistic, ski town unisex playgroundland. while ever retaining the ace-up-a-sleeve of dressing to the nines, most women living here in this mountain town dress not much different than the guys do. for tourists its a whole nuther ball game. certainly, the ggs who drive alongside me wear the same work uniform i do, probably more than they know considering what's underneath!
but i believe a step toward maturing as a CDer is to keep fishnets for special, along with pumps, and to realize, to even experience as much as possible, female fashion as simply people fashion, what is comfortable and what gets the job done.
that appeals to cowgirl sensibility,
jessie

Lanore
11-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I feel feminine in anything I wear or don't wear. Cloths don't make who I am, they just accent what I already have. However, I prefer casual. Short/tights and a loose top is fine with me. I really hate covering my legs.

Lanore

CD Susan
11-29-2008, 08:41 PM
I love to wear dresses and skirts but they are just not as appropriate as I wish they were. When I am at home I very seldom wear anything other than slacks or jeans or shorts in the summer. I usually don't bother with makeup or a wig either. I can feel just as cd'ed this way as wearing a dress or skirt. When I go out I tend to wear a skirt but I know I overdo it sometimes. There are not many women that wear a dress or skirt to the mall or the grocery store. I wish they did but unfortunately they don't. So to blend in more effectively I know I should wear jeans more often. I am glad to see the popularity of denim skirts as they are more casual than a fancy skirt and they are commonly worn by a lot of women. I have several of them and wear them out often.

carolinewalker_2000
12-01-2008, 06:40 AM
I guess all of us have a preference for some item or other that that is essential to making us feel feminine. You have given yours away; "lippy and mascara". Way to go girl!!!

Raychel
12-01-2008, 07:09 AM
For me it has the be pantyhose and a dress or a skirt, to get the full effect anyway. If I were going to wear jeans I might as well be in drab. :sad:

So I guess that I never really fit in out in public. I gues I will always be a stay at home dresser.

Jess_cd32
12-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Since this is about the "softer side", rather than total fem side feeling, I guess I'd say a neglected animal that could use my help always brings out my softer side, now as for a neglectfull owner, lets not go there......

tanya1976
12-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Although I can see how jeans would help with the dressing down aspect of dressing up(!), I can wear jeans anytime. Although I don't need to necessarily dress up to get in touch with my 'softer side' for me one of my favorite aspects of dressing up is the sensation of sliding my smooth legs into some glossy hose, then stepping into my high heels..:daydreaming:

erickka
12-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I have several pair of slacks, and wear them with sweters or other plain tops and some kind of heel, and feel quite girly in them. I will admit I still love my skirts !

sometimes_miss
12-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I don't feel it necessary to wear female attire in order to feel like 'me'. I feel the same way all the time, dressed as a gal or not. I'm just careful to avoid expressing anything overly feminine when in public. Much as one would take off a raincoat and put away the umbrella when coming out of the rain, I remove my 'protective male attire' when I come home and put on something appropriate for who I feel that I am, or what I want to be. Usually, that means some type of female outfit. I don't usually dress up as if I'm going out; it's more like, well, what you see when a 'normal' woman comes home from work. The heels come off, the hair comes down, anything overly uncomfortable goes. Some put on sweats, but others keep the skirt and top. Stockings might stay or go. It varies among the women I've known, and it varies for me, too.

Heather Dur
12-01-2008, 12:18 PM
When going out, tend to underdress, and dress while home. Don't know how much more it makes me feel feminine. Rather I feel more natural, more normal, more peaceful when dressed.

pink femme
12-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Being in a skirt or dres is really the ultimate feeling of femininity for me...:battingeyelashes:

However, a pair of holdups under my trousers at work or a little mascara on the weekend and I'm there.

Good god, searching for the cheque book in my wife's handbag is a good one aswell......the feeling is so rich, the woman in me wants to break free :daydreaming:

Sarah Martin
12-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I rarely wear jeans 'en femme', but do (occasionally) wear leggings. I much prefer a skirt, though!

Janie Gunn
12-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I prefer skirt, hose and heels, but I dont dress to feel a 'softer side'. A softer side does become more apparent when I am dressed but never something I think about as in reason why.

Paula Siemen
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I'v tried pants but I just can't find a pair that works for me. I would love to find a nice suit that would look great on me but I just do not have the right body.
Trisha

You...OR Hillary Clinton....LOL!

RobynB
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
My "uniform" at work is jeans. When enfem I prefer skirts or dresses.

Desiree2bababe
12-02-2008, 08:44 AM
Yes, dresses or skirts, hosiery and all the trimmings are a must unless it's bedtime, then it's a very fem nightgown.....

laura.lapinski
12-02-2008, 09:51 AM
I like a sexy skirt, heels, top as much as the next girl, but I also feel sexy in tight jeans and a blouse, and sandals. I haven't tried simple loose fitting type of clothes, but for doing house work I'm sure they are more comfortable. That said, I do feel comfortable in tight jeans (they don't have to be painted on, just hugging my body...I like that sensation).

charlie
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Hello Sherlyn!
I need the skirt or dress with the nylons and high heels to feel right. Pants with heels are ok, but not what I really enjoy.

sometimes_miss
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Much like eating, just because we feel the need to do it, doesn't necessarily mean that we 'get' to do it. Yeah, I always feel the desire to dress as a girl, unless I'm really, really busy doing something else that keeps my mind off of it. Worst case, I only get to wear female pajamas when I sleep. So at least my unconscious mind gets to indulge itself.