PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Theory, an actual chain of events.

Phyliss
10-12-2008, 04:26 AM
The following are actual events

Mr. X , a person who lives in the northern part of the state, had a contractor put an addition on his house.

The contractor , either still has or had a drinking problem and went out of business 5 years ago

I know a “girl” named “Z” ( not her real initial ) who lives in the central part of the state. “Z” in real life is “N” ( again not a real initial ) .
“N” is in the building trades.

I have a pool. The vinyl liner is about 15 years old, and lately some splits have begun to appear in the corners at the top, (stuff get brittle after awhile)

The weather has been a bit rainy lately.

I’ m self employed and can make my own schedule.

Two towns over a person was about to “wake up late for work”

I’ve known “Z” for quite awhile and about 3 or 4 times a year we get together for a day of “playing dress up” Swap clothes and generally have a good day.

We’d planned a “day” this past Thursday. Weather had promised to be nice and we’d planned to meet at her house this time. Got up early and went to the gym as usual for me. Came home showered and shaved extra close for the day. Took my grandson to school and got home. Changed into some nice clothes for the drive to “Z” ‘s house. ( normally I changed when I get there. This time I figured I’d surprise “her”

So, here I am all dressed and just finishing the last of my coffee when my phone rings. “Z” has to cancel because Mr. X has a problem at his house with the new addition and since he can’t find the original contractor had picked out the name of “N” from the phone book. ( in these times , you don’t turn down work )

“RATZ” I think, but realize that “business is business” and “Z” and Phyliss will have to wait for another day.

To salvage the day I figured I could at least stay dressed and maybe go out when the stores opened in about an hour and a half.
Figured I sit at my office desk and catch up on some needed paperwork before I went out.

Heard a truck pull into my yard. ( no need to panic ) if it was my supplier, they have a key to my barn for deliveries. If it was my rubbish man hauling away old things I wasn’t concerned because he’d be gone soon and doesn’t bother knocking, ( just gets the stuff and leaves)
Peek out the door and “gee that’s a different truck, wonder who it is?”
Back to my paper work. Hear a gas powered engine start. “ Oh nuts, these are the “pool guys” and they’re NOT gonna go away anytime soon.

So much for a day of dress up, and fun. Sorry “girl” but back in the box you go. Figured I talk to the “pool people” for a bit and at least “go shopping” for some stuff.

Talked with them for a bit and headed out in my truck. Got about half way to the outlet malls and traffic was backed up to a standstill. Somebody “run a stop sign” and had broadsided another car. Police and ambulance were there. Stuck and no real place to turn around. Narrow road. Even if I could have turned it would have been a long trip around another way. Shut off engine and waited half an hour to get road cleared.
By this time any decent amount of shopping was getting to be a dream. My truck phone rings and it’s wife wanting to remind me of appointment to take her to Dr. in the afternoon. ( OMG, I completely forgot about that ) “Yes dear, I’ll be home in about 45 min. no problem”

Moral of the story:

SOME days are just NOT meant to be.

Billie1
10-12-2008, 05:00 AM
SOME days are just NOT meant to be.

Or, "Some days, you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."

Carroll
10-12-2008, 05:43 AM
I have had days like that. You look foward for the day and it all goes to poop

Shelly Preston
10-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Also known as "Murphys Law"

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong :sad:

Oh well there is always another day

pinkeverything
10-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Or, "Some days, you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."

"Some days, you're the louisville slugger baby, some days you're the ball.":drink:

Mollyanne
10-12-2008, 07:11 AM
"AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH"

:love: Mollyanne