PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my ears pierced

Natasha Anne
05-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I was walking through the mall and finally stumped up the courage to ask the lady behind the counter to pierce both my ears. I've wanted to for ages but always wonder how sore it would be and what people would think,

Anyway for now I have a 3mm surgical steel stud in both ears, and am a bit anxious about meeting my work colleagues tonight. I'm travelling and working with a rather conservative customer next week!

My wife took it well, although she was surprised because I've never found the courage to go through with it before.

I also bought some white gold and diamond studs, and already have a terrific set of dangly earings from Paris that I've been dying to wear for ages.

It's funny how things work. I bought earring converters to convert pins to clip-ons and now I don't need them anymore!

I feel like a whole new world has opened to me. The world full of shops with counters containing earings for pierced ears which I've been avoiding.

I've been watching the forum discussions about earrings and have concealer and fishing line at the ready if someone creates difficulties for me while the holes settle.

Di
05-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Congrats.......you,ll love them I think no one will even bat an eye

MonaSmith
05-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Yay!!, well done Natasha.

Just wait until you get the first pair of dangly earings in, it feels great. I don't imagine anyone will give you a problem over it, if they say anything just front it out, it is none of their business after all. I have had both of mine pierced for over 10 years now and nobody has ever said anything about it, it's not as uncommon as you'd think.

Anyway, have fun with your new holes,

Love Mona xx.

Jonien
05-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Well done Had mine done years back and beleave me no will notice I left my diamonds in at a wedding last week no one noticed so i'v left them in all week at work still no one sead a thing so now thay will stay exept to change as I love dangle ones when i'm dressed, Just love dangly sparcles

Love Jonien

w2bejessica
05-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Congrats! I was thinking about getting mine done tomorrow. But way to go

GypsyKaren
05-29-2005, 11:27 AM
I had both my ears pierced about 4 months ago and hardly anybody has noticed. Good for you for getting it done.

JoannaDees
05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
Excellent! I think you'll find nobody will notice, and if they do it'll just be conversation. I was requested to take them out for a deposition as they said the judge viewing the tape was conservative. Just make sure you take care of them until they are healed. Also, don't be impatient like I was, and try those new ear rings too soon. That was a forgettable evening.

Joanna

Genifer Teal
05-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Congratulations. After a week you will wonder what took you so long.

Hugs - Genifer

CharleneCD
05-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Congratulations, now you get to be just like me waiting 6 weeks to be able to try on different new ones. I must have patience, I must have patience.

Clare
05-30-2005, 07:25 AM
Oh, i'm so jealous - congratulations on taking the plunge.

However, i'll be a case of follow the leader here!

I will be getting my ears pierced later this week.

Possibly get two sets of piercings per ear - i feelin radical! I guess it depends on how i feel at the time.

I will let you know on the weekend how far i go.

Christine

Natasha Anne
06-02-2005, 03:44 PM
So just a little update as promised.

I have been wearing the surgical steel piercing studs. No disguises
with fishing wire or bristle. People notice them and I like it :)

The bank I was working at this week said nothing. I did get some looks. I think noone said anything because they were a bit scared to ask. We'll see what happens next week when I run a workshop for the execs!

I popped into my office for the first time this week today. I was wearing a pair of ladies brown corduroy pants (it's winter in this former colony) and a checked light green and brown ladies shirt. Both from Daniel Hechter (the details are important aren't they). I also had a pair of ladies boots on, they don't have a heel. Anyhow one of the girls commented on how similar my boots were to hers, one of my female friends at the office couldn't help but notice but just said she had, and one of my older male colleagues told my I had a passenger i.e. a bug on one of my ears. Idiot didn't realise they're both pierced. Anyhow they all knew I was wearing girls clothes and the females in the office were mostly complimentary or did not offer a comment at all.

Just though you all should know!