PDA

View Full Version : missed opportunity

ronna
05-29-2005, 10:05 AM
Boo-hoo!
My last chance to dress up again was last Friday, and I didn't do it!
My legs were shaved, I had time off from work, and now my wife is off work for the summer, and I didn't do it!
It's going to be a long summer for me.
I'll stay in touch because I can't stay away from you girls for long,
but I will sure miss the girlie times!

If you've ever looked at the "transformation" web site, you will see what lovely tea parties and fun times the girls in England have. Sometime I will have to visit them.

Genifer Teal
05-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Your last chance? That is so sad. I hope you find a way to dress more often.

Hugs - Genifer

Tristen Cox
05-29-2005, 04:25 PM
If you've ever looked at the "transformation" web site, you will see what lovely tea parties and fun times the girls in England have. Sometime I will have to visit them.

Yeah makes you sick doesn't it?:p Just hang around here alot, and you'll at least feel like you're dressed. ;)

Imogen_Mann
05-29-2005, 05:50 PM

I'm suprised you didnt have to pay to look at it.

Sorry, I think they (Transformation) overcharge somewhat, on the understanding that a lot of girls are to shy to shop in Tesco or M&S for clothes and will pay hugley inflated prices instead of go a little pink at the checkout. When I was a late teenager (1988) I paid £65 for a wig, and it was not much good. I've looked in their shop (London branch NR Euston) since... and in my opinion, things have not improved. I also notice they are still using the same pictures in thier on-line brochure that they were using in the 1980's. Hmmm, up to date then :confused: NOT ! Sorry, I don't want power-dressing shoulderpads !

RIP OFF !! :mad:

Sorry.... Rant over.

Stephanie Anne Lloyd will probably try to sue me now.

Kimberly
05-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Sorry.... Rant over.

Stephanie Anne Lloyd will probably try to sue me now.
Hey, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it!! :)

ronna
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Oooooooooooooh!
I am going to EXPLODE if I don't to get dressed up soon!
I can't stand it!
I spend all day thinking about what I would wear if I should get the chance,
but I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All I can do is clip on some earrings when I'm away from home, or brush on a little blush and hope nobody notices.

I don't have any chances in the near future, and I'm going crazy!
What am I going to do?

Now I am going to show you what kind of mood I am in!

JoAnnDallas
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Ronna...... Do what I do here at my sister's house. Go into the bathroom, put on a pair of panties, pantyhose, and bra. Put a T-shirt blouse on top, and a pair of ladies slacks. I even put on lipstick that is close to my natural lip color. My sister has no clue I'm dressed in women clothes and I even go out dressed this way. I bet your wife may not even notice. Before bedtime, just go into the bathroom and change. If you have a hamper in the bathroom, all the better. My wife doesn't know I'm a CD and even she has not notice when I dress this way in the past.

ronna
06-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Good thinking, Joann, thanks for your kind advice.
You can get away with this and your wife doesn't even suspect anything?
I think I have to go to the bathroom right now.

ronna
06-14-2005, 05:16 PM
You know what?
Just looking at you lovely ladies and listening to all your great stories does make me feel better!

And Genifer, I will see to it personally that you are the first to see my next picture, just for being such a doll.

JoAnnDallas
06-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Try panties, pantyhose, and bra under your own clothes first, then next time use a T-Shirt blouse, if that works, then add the ladies pants. Dark colors for the T-Shirt blouse work best. Hides the bra outline. The pants I wear don't have back pockets and no seems to notice at all. As for lipstick, I wear a color called "Bronze Cream". It's so close to my natural lip color, even I have to look real close to make sure I put any on. LOL

DonnaT
06-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Your wife is bound to go shopping and leave you time to dress.

ronna
06-14-2005, 07:02 PM
Do you think it's a trap?
She washed and hung up an old dress of hers that I haven't seen in years...
and it's a maternity style so it should fit me.

What I'd really like to do is try it on.
Would that be too risky?

I asked her what she was going to do with it (she's not going to wear it!)
I thought about asking her if I could have or borrow it...awkward

Now she's gone out shopping and said it was my turn to wash the dishes, but there's no apron! I don't know, I wouldn't want to soil it, if I just had an apron too

ronna
06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
you know, I'm not even going to wait for a reply...
I'm looking for the apron now!

Oh, no, I can't find the apron and I have to do the dishes anyway.
What should I wear?

Sally2
06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Boo-hoo!
My last chance to dress up again was last Friday, and I didn't do it!
My legs were shaved, I had time off from work, and now my wife is off work for the summer, and I didn't do it!
It's going to be a long summer for me.
I'll stay in touch because I can't stay away from you girls for long,
but I will sure miss the girlie times!

Dear Ronna,
The musical movie version of 'Music Man" with Shirley Jones and Robert Preston had a scene where he is trying to lure her to a lovers spot and she kept resisting. He remarks to her that if she keeps putting off until tomorrow that all she will have is a "lot of empty yesterdays". I took this advice to heart and became the Sally I am today. Don't let your window of opportunity close before you seize the moment. Sally2

uknowhoo
06-14-2005, 10:16 PM
My opportunities to dress are somewhat limited, tho i guess that's relative (1 or 2x/wk). I usualy do so when my wife's gonna be out 4 a while - shopping, tennis, etc. But living vicariously through these gurls' tales sure does help getcha thru 2 the next time.

ronna
06-15-2005, 05:54 AM
Thanks, Sally.
I'm wearing the dress right now, and it fits perfectly!
I don't have time to make up, but I just had to try it on.
I wonder if she would miss it if I didn't return it?
I still think it's a trap and I'm going to get caught in it.

And you're right, Tammy, you can't just wait forever!

One more note: it is so comforatble and pretty, with some little drawstrings on each side under the bustline, that now I realize how well it will go with my strapless bra and pink pumps. At my very first opportunity, I plan to find out!

cdcheryl
06-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Next friday will be my sons last day of school for the summer and then he is mine till i drop him off with my wife when i go to work at 3 so i can say goodbye to skirts and pantyhose and heels for the summer :cry: and its not like he can go out and give me a chance to dress

Sharon
06-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Next friday will be my sons last day of school for the summer and then he is mine till i drop him off with my wife when i go to work at 3 so i can say goodbye to skirts and pantyhose and heels for the summer :cry: and its not like he can go out and give me a chance to dress

Yeah, these dang priorities of ours keep getting in the way. :)

Encourage your son to make friends with a few kids and maybe you can ship him off a day here and there to spend the day with them. There are always things you can do to grab an occasional "you" time.

Wendy me
06-15-2005, 10:00 AM
you know, I'm not even going to wait for a reply...
I'm looking for the apron now!

Oh, no, I can't find the apron and I have to do the dishes anyway.
What should I wear?
ok thats why you have sisters pick one..
http://img20.echo.cx/img20/139/fsaprons5gb.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Jennifer in CO
06-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Ronna,

who does your clothes shopping in your house? If your wife does your shopping, then there is not much you can do. If you do it, then I'd start buying all my clothes from the Ladies Apparel Dept.!! As mentioned above, oh so many styles and cuts can be worn as mens. I havent worn "mens" clothes in years but always have to present myself as a man in my work. The T shirts, jeans and shorts are never a problem, blouses and slacks can be, just buy button-less tops (polos w/o buttons, etc) and slacks with at least 1 back pocket and your home free. Darker colors are even better as style/design differences show less. Stay away from patterns and stripes as those usually have a more fem cut or design. Shoes are just as easy with tennis shoes looking just like guys and ladies loafers looking/passing like mens Italian style loafers. Sandals are a mixed bag - find something that just doesn't look "girly" and your fine - usually stay away from thin straps...or find a guy style and then buy the girl style that is similar. Look at all the jewlery that men can wear now.. earings, neckless' and braclets..just buy yours a little finer style in the ladies dept...same for watches too. Underwear is usually not a problem ...just buy plain (no trim) bikini panties (any material) - looks just like guys bikini underwear.

OK..so you want to push the fashion envelope a bit?...I have several polos WITH buttons on the "girl" side ... just buy them in dark colors. Softer materials?...again stay darker...unless you dont feel like caring...I have a white silk T shirt/blouse that hits this catagory. No pocket jeans or flat-front (no zip) or flat rear (no pockets) or both slacks..however then you must decide how to carry your wallet. I usually just carry it in my hand or in a briefcase/portfolio and use it as my purse.

Sorry this went long, buy just remember Ronna...you can dress fashionably AND in womens clothes all the time if you want.

Jenn

ronna
06-18-2005, 06:51 AM
Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind advice.
I hav my own girl clothes that I bought and have to hide until I get the chance to dress up.

Do you think it's weird of me to want to try on my wife's dresses? I don't know, it's so tempting seeing them hanging there and wondering how they would fit me, what they would look and feel like. And the fact that I could just "borrow" them without having to buy them...well, they're mostly not even my style, but I don't know...I feel like a kid in a candy store and want them all. Somebody tell me I'm not totally insane!

RachelDenise
06-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Ronna, many of us are in the can't dress too often category because of our home situation, myself included. I do find that reading what others are doing is helpful, but it also makes me want to get dressed as well! A classic Catch-22! :mad: I like the idea of getting women's clothes that don't look to femmy and wearing them. It's not only about who buys the clothes but who washes them!!! You know, the labels are giveaways! :cry:

ronna
06-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Well, now, I have found another way to deal with my repressed desires.
I wear pink panties under my clothes and bought this nice pink shirt and tie, which is (apparently) perfectly acceptable fashion, and I just feel "pink"

ronna
07-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Okay, so not really.
But I finally did get to wear an old maternity dress of my wife's, after waiting for...how many months?
I didn't think I'd ever get the chance!

Now looking at it, I would have to say that I filled it out rather well.
My sister Ronni is right! I have gotten fat!

ronna
07-06-2005, 06:42 PM
What, nobody likes my maternity dress?
Well, I like it.
Have another look, won't you?

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 10:46 PM
What, nobody likes my maternity dress?
Well, I like it.
Have another look, won't you?
I keep looking for the plantation in the backround. :D

emmicd
07-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Ronna!

You're a beautiful woman! Take heart in that and always be true to yourself. I know we have a lot in common about how we feel about dressing up and living in the closet. Always be respectful of your wife's feelings. I always feel like dressing up but for practical reasons and out of respect for wife and son I must repress the urge. It still doesn't stop me from shopping and dressing on occasion when I can.

Always look forward to hearing from you.

I enjoyed your story about your conversation with the kids in your car and you admitted you were wearing pink panties! Who initiated that conversation?

Emmi