PDA

View Full Version : How much money have you put into your look?

Monica_Cobblestone
10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I want to say I'm clear over the $2,000 mark in a 4 month period.:D...and counting haha.

Karren H
10-13-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm spending $3,000 to $4,000 a year..... Makeup is my downfall.... Damn looking pretty is expensive!!! hahaha

Kendra (Tx)
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I've lost count..Over 30 different wigs, countless outfits and shoes, accessories ( of course ) and lets not forget the "consumables"..( pantyhose, makeup, nails/polish as well as the cost of film and developing of pics BEFORE the "digital era"....Funny thing is...I've spend far more on clothes than "He" does...( three pairs of jeans, four shirts, a bag of socks, and of course the "undies"... ;) It's harder for me to pack for a trip than it is for "him"...( Isn't that always the case with us girls???) :heehee: But I wouldn't change a thing ( other than win the Lottery so buying stuff wouldn't hurt as much. )

http://kendra954.com

Deborah Jane
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
I don,t even wanna think about it :eek:

Looking this cheap is costing me a fortune :battingeyelashes:

tamarav
10-13-2008, 06:30 PM
My calculator broke...I hit too many zeros

melissaabom
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Oh My ,,thousands upon thousands in my femm wardrobe

I just love to shop

Melissa

Nicki B
10-13-2008, 06:41 PM
...and counting haha.

That's what you're doing wrong..

Eve_WA
10-13-2008, 06:42 PM
I figure I have about $2000 in the last two months alone! Dont even want to think about what I have into it this year... I have just recently 'come out', and have been developing my look. But what I do know, is that discovering myself, and accepting myself have made me far happier than I have been in years. Now I just need to win the lottery!

Eve

deja true
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM
How much money have you put into your look?

Gosh! Much more than 'whats-his-name" ever spent on himself, that's for sure!

But being the consumate bargain hunter... the thrill of the hunt itself is way worth it!

:D

linnea
10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I love to shop, love makeup and pretty underwear, and pretty outerwear, and shoes--omigosh! I spend a lot trying to look and feel good. It's several thousand a year, I'm sure.

serinalynn
10-13-2008, 07:09 PM
Since I started cding(again) in the early 1990's an then much more agressively since August 2002, I'm not even going to calculate it, Many thousands to look gorgous and beautiful as my feminine self.

renee k
10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
With all money I put into electrolysis, plus some plastic surgery here and there not to mention a big walk in closet full of clothes and SHOES. Plus makeup and wigs. I've probably spent more on my single household budget, than I did when I was married and bringing up two kids. Now I know this sounds selfish. But nobody then or now in my family wants for anything. It's just when you CD your actually supporting two people. Anyway it's lots of money, way more than I want to think about!

Huggs, Renee

P.S. Everyone out there keep buying airline tickets, to support me and my fellow pilots here, crossdressing habits! LOL!!

Niya W
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
I learned what deficit spending is . Can I get a government bail out. I'm not asking for much. Just the cost of gas for the last six months, medical insurance, meds , electrolysis , getting my nails done.

docrobbysherry
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I don,t even wanna think about it :eek:

Looking this cheap is costing me a fortune :battingeyelashes:

---looking cheap is the result of, "getting what u pay for"!

See my new "$2 dresses" pics, coming up this week! The thrift stores where I live r the best!:D

MJ
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
way too much thats for sure :heehee:

CD Susan
10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Don't know for sure but it has to be plenty. I do not have any more room for clothes unless I build another closet. My weakness is jewelry and I spend way too much on this. But WTF I enjoy it and that is what matters the most.

Samantha43
10-13-2008, 09:03 PM
If you ask me.......not enough.

If you ask my wife......way too much.......

amy canada
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
I've spent more money than what I have, but definitely not as much as I would've liked. There are just so many dresses out there that are so expensive, but I usually try to buy them when they're on sale. I think the most I've spent for any one item is $50. Good thing the dresses at Sears aren't too pricey, but there are some well over $100. Dresses elsewhere can cost a high 3 figures or more.

Christina2008
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
On average I spend £100/$175 a month on my "hobby".

But on a few occasions the pink fog has gotten hold of me (A lovley pair of pink knee highs, skirt to match, some hoisery, a dress.. ..or two!:devil:) and i have suffered bank charges due to overspending,:o but hey, a its a girl's duty to shop! :D

Jocelyn Quivers
10-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Too much, and that's just for general maintenance and upkeep of the femme look, including leg razors, shaving cream, laser treatments, dermatologist visits, gym memberships and dieting to keep my girlish figure. Come to think it I actually spend very little on actual clothes.

Ronni Seymour
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
If you ask me.......not enough.

If you ask my wife......way too much.......

:yt:

Edyta_C
10-14-2008, 09:12 PM
If had put all my clothes purchases into savings instead of buying a second wardrobe, I wouldn't have to work now that I was retired. It would make up for the lost value in the stocks. But that is counting all the past purges. Never again, thanks to the girls here helping me find me!

hugs Edyta

Tina B.
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
It's like ones age, there is just somethings you don't ask a woman, sigh, it's also like age, a number to big to want to think about. But then I have spent it over a long period of time!
And I still have bags of stuff that is too small now, and closets all over the house filled with clothes, shoes, hats, and tons of jewelry. I do have a thing for necklaces.
Tina B.

TSchapes
10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Math is Hard! - Barrbie

I do know it's costing me more since I fell in love with M.A.C.!!!

-Tracy

Celeste
10-15-2008, 04:09 AM
I was keeping track of expenditures but it got a little depressing,taking the fun out of it.So now I just incorporate cding cost in with everything else,the cost of living and being happy.

Marla16
10-15-2008, 07:54 AM
After recently returning to dressing after a divorce and living on my own, oh my, I have spent thousands. I do have a lots of nice clothes from casual to dressy, lots of lingerie, several wigs all human hair, tons of makeup and forget about shoes. I have been on a shopping spree for the last month. Im getting close to having more femme stuff than mens. I really missed dressing and I,m so happy to be back

Lesley Ann
10-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Like most of the replies to this thread I don't dare to add up the cost. The guy me has three suits, Lesley has three skirt suits, two dress suits, three 3 piece suits. Guy has three pairs of shoes, Lesley has so many she's lost count! My list could go on and on (boreing) but I am sure you get the idea.
One other point Lesley has hundreds of photographs, the guy.........?
Love, Lesley Ann:)

Desiree2bababe
10-15-2008, 08:48 AM
I hate to even think

Suzy Harrison
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, let me think:

Clothes
Make Up
Travel to the other side of the world for the SCC
SCC hotel for 10 nights
Laser hair removal treatment
Voice Lessons
Blood Tests
Endocrinologist visits
Phycologist visits

...I don't even want to think just how much it has cost

Chari
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
With all the $ spent on feminine clothes, makeup, facials, manicures, hair styes, wigs, jewelry, shoes. etc - I could have paid cash for my Porsche 911.

TxKimberly
10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
I want to say I'm clear over the $2,000 mark in a 4 month period.:D...and counting haha.

Are you trying to make me cry? I've spent a lot, far too much . . .

Sally24
10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Makeup..............$200 a year

Clothing............$1000 a year

Electrolysis........$2200 so far

Feeling Pretty........................Priceless!

RobertaFermina
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
When I'm going good, dressing frequently, I'll spend $200 a month, easy, sometimes more. Guess that puts me in the $1000 to $2000 camp. Then there's the *cost of clubbing*.....

You *know* I wouldn't go clubbing as a guy...so that probably adds another $1000 a year, or more.

...and I though I did this on the cheap...

:rose: Roberta :rose:

mykhelee
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
The Metro Times has a column where they show a gal all dressed up and then the cost of the look.
My Avatar pic:
$225.00

That was getting hair, make up, and nails done for free by ggf's who do that in the workaday world. They were very helpful in helping me come out into the world. The jewelry was borrowed.

Over the 25+ years I've been dressing-mucho dinero

marny
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
$4 at last count... well..unless you count sleepwear, lingerie, makeup, shoes,... all that stuff.... Ha ha ....Marny

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-17-2008, 12:01 AM
For Embyrre the Fae, about $850 all told :) But, I handpicked the fabrics, designed the garb from top to bottom, and hand made the wings :)

Zara

Eve_WA
10-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Makeup..............$200 a year

Clothing............$1000 a year

Electrolysis........$2200 so far

Feeling Pretty........................Priceless!

Couldnt have said it better!

AKAMichelle
10-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I feel like this question is going to cause me to go to confessional and I'm not Catholic. :D

Since I began accepting myself 2 years ago, I have been building up a wardrobe and doing multiple other things to prepare to get out of the closet. I wouldn't come out of the closet until I had gotten everything ready. It seems sort of silly now, but that is what I did.

So here is my confession:
1) $5000+ on laser treatments on chest and back. I was Grizzly Adams in real life. :devil:
2) $2000+ clothes
3) $750+ on shoes
4) $600+ on coats / jackets
5) $300+ on wigs
6) $250+ on purses
7) $150+ on makeup (I couldn't figure out what I wanted)
8) $300+ jewelry (A girl can never have too many earrings and necklaces)
9) Now I am preparing to have my beard removed. I have no idea what that will cost yet.

Wow - that looks like a lot of money. As I have said before, I have more female clothes than male ones. In fact I would be much happier wearing women's clothes 24/7, but my business wouldn't survive that one. Maybe one day I can figure out how to do that. I hadn't gotten out of the house dressed due to my schedule for 1.5 weeks. Tonight I finally got to go grocery shopping dressed. It was so relaxing to get out of the house and do something as Michelle.

Bernadina
10-17-2008, 12:32 AM
I don't think I want to know. Probably could have bought a Ferrari by now.

Angie G
10-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Not all that much, I tend to keep it simple more thrift store shopping then anything.:hugs:
Angie

Phyliss
10-17-2008, 03:35 AM
At the local Maurice store, I'm in the top 100 customer club, and at a nearby lingerie store, I've acheived top 50 status. Not that I'm trying for any sort of record, it's just that they have so much nice things, and of course I just HAVE to buy them.

Probably spent well over $2K so far this year, between clothes, makeup, (Mary Kay ain't cheap) lingerie, shoes.

Janetmichelle
10-17-2008, 08:59 AM
:sad:Well I am not sure but I am sure it is in the thousands some where and I just purged the closet about 3 months ago. Pre maturely I might add. Now I have to start all over. Silly me

Carly D.
10-17-2008, 09:05 AM
I think I would be way too embarrassed to try to figure a sum.. I think I've had over 100 pairs of shoes.. and with that figure you can almost guess how much I've spent, because as you know for every pair of shoes I have had I had at least five pairs of pantyhose/tights... so.. man that's ... never mind..