PDA

View Full Version : Bunny's Around...

Bunny "GG"
05-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi everyone, just wanted to drop a note and let all of you girls know,,,I thought I did this in the main forum, but I dropped the ball...so here,,
my baby black laptop had to goto the geek squad hospital (that's what they call themselves at best buy here, I kid you not.) It has to have it's mother board re-soddered (sp.?). Takes about two weeks...So just wanted you'll to know, that I'm watching your posts through Charlene when she's rummaging around in the forum. hug hug hug
Bunny "GG" :bunny:

Tristen Cox
05-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope they sort it out for you. :)

Ava Mouse
05-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Bunny,

I love your little animated image in your signature! CUTE!

Soldering refers to the melting of the lead/tin that holds all the parts together. Not a good sign, either a manufacturing defect, it was dropped/damaged, or it got so hot it melted... Today, it's very hard for the average geek to solder, as the parts are soo small and sensitive to heat...

Anyway, it's good to have GG's like you here! :)

You're signature quote is funny, too, about your shoes! Actually, I wish my wife would wear more of my clothes, she's not into fashion as much as I am... sigh...

-Ava

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop a note and let all of you girls know,,,I thought I did this in the main forum, but I dropped the ball...so here,,
my baby black laptop had to goto the geek squad hospital (that's what they call themselves at best buy here, I kid you not.) It has to have it's mother board re-soddered (sp.?). Takes about two weeks...So just wanted you'll to know, that I'm watching your posts through Charlene when she's rummaging around in the forum. hug hug hug
Bunny "GG" :bunny:

Bunny "GG"
05-29-2005, 11:52 PM
Ava Mouse,
Love that one...name you chose..
number 1. Charlene and I are jealous of your Espirit trip, looks like you had a blast, we'll be looking to go next year....Have to watch the bulliten board closer, we will..
Back to business, I got my laptop a year ago and always had a tough time with it staying online, the cat (sorry, forgot your mouse side for a moment :) :) )cable kept poping out. Wasn't a problem in the beginning, but it gradually become a constant problem..Went in to buy a new cable, and ask about the problem. Was told that it was a warranty issue, that the cat :rolleyes: cable should not pop out of the internet port...So I took my baby in, they have to ship it to an outside company, to have the motherboard resoldered, a two week turn around time, if not they will have to give me a new equivalent laptop...Thank goodness, nothing important is on it...in case they loose the programming.
:bunny: Bunny "GG"

Sweet Jeanette
05-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I've found that this works real good at Best Buy, if they try to mess you around on your warrenty:-------Start to talk REAL LOUD at the tech counter, and DEMAND that they fix it,-----NOW!!!------Keep on with the harangue, and they will do it RIGHT THEN, ---just to shut you up, and not have other customers hear you, and be chased away!!!------This has always worked for me! :D

veronicafox_cd
05-30-2005, 05:02 AM
I know i use to work as one of the geek squad members... depends on the store manager :P The laptop will go to atlanta, sit in a crate for a few days, then yes you will have to reload anything you've put on it because they format the computer no matter whats wrong with it... but good luck :)