PDA

View Full Version : credit cards and you

meher
10-13-2008, 01:15 PM
hello, my nameis, or i should say, i go by meher for now.
what i would like to know is, as a mail, going out on the town as a fem, or even traveling acress country how would i do that useing my own credit cards? i use cc for just about everthing i do.
another thing, how would i handle being stoped by police, driving my own car but dressed as a fem?
i could use some advise on this. i live in N.C., witch is considered a bible belt state.:confused:

Bill

Nicole Erin
10-13-2008, 01:19 PM
As long as you have ID they aren't going to question you about the credit car use.
For getting stopped, if you even do, just make sure you have all the legal crap [DL, insurance card, registration] and the cops probably won't harass you about being en femme unless you are trying to prostitute yourself or something

joann07
10-13-2008, 01:31 PM
hello, my nameis, or i should say, i go by meher for now.
what i would like to know is, as a mail, going out on the town as a fem, or even traveling acress country how would i do that useing my own credit cards? i use cc for just about everthing i do.
another thing, how would i handle being stoped by police, driving my own car but dressed as a fem?
i could use some advise on this. i live in N.C., witch is considered a bible belt state.:confused:

Bill

Hello Bill,

When you're buying something, it's all about being confident in how you carry yourself. If you don't appear nervous or seem to draw attention to yourself, nobody would ever be suspicous of anything.
Just use your cc like you've always been doing it and treat everything like normal and you'll be fine.

I use my cc all the time and have had no issues using them no matter where I've gone whether its shopping or flying in femme.
Whenever the clerk or cashier asked for my ID, I presented it.
They would just look it over and that's it.

Now in Florida, you can have a Florida ID, as well as, a regular driver ID.
It looks almost exactly like my driver ID (male info is the same) except that my picture is in femme.
I've used it whenever its been asked and, again, no problems whatsoever.
There was even one time when I used my Fla ID to apply for a Khol's card and I got a approved.

Not sure if you can get one in NC, but if you can get one as soon as possible and you feel more at ease using it, if asked.

As for law enforcement.
They are getting better trained in dealing with transgendered people so you shouldn't have to worry too much about it. The best thing to do is to obey all traffic laws, don't drink and drive, and drive defensively and you won't get pulled over.
However, if you do get pulled over, don't make any sudden movements and do what the officer instructs you.
Always keep your hands on the steering wheel so they can see them all the time. Law officers are always on the lookout for suspicous activity because they never know what can happen when they stop someone so their always going to think about their safety and their lives because they have family to go home to.
Anway, when they ask for your information, do not make any sudden movements and make sure they can cleary see you get it.
Other than that, be kind and courteous and you'll be on your way, whether or not you get a citation.

Hugs!

meher
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
thanks joann, but nc can't give me a secound id. i have to go down town just befor thay roll up the side walks as a fem to get myself more confident.
maybe even buy myself some new shoes. well see what happens when i use MY cc.

Bill

trisha59
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Speaking for someone who takes credit cards at my shop, the main thing that a clerk is interested in is the authorization number. As long as we get the approval we really don't care who is using the card. MC would kill me if they knew this but its true.
Trisha

Schatten Lupus
10-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Very, very, very few people do actually check for ID with a cc purchase, unless it's an expensive purchase. Even then, the company gets it's money, so I wouldn't be to worried about it. I have yet to get carded for using my girlfriend's debit card.

Ashlie Marie
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I use my wife's debit csard all the time. If I ever sign anything I sign it Tina no one has said anything yet.. It is kinda funny you brough up the cop thing.. I still wonder what that would ever be like.. I guess that is a bridge you have to cross if you ever get thier. I know as a joke I made an Ashlie License in Photoshop and all my firends that work at bars and resturants think it is so funny.

Sandra Dunn
10-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Where I am from we can get an ID card from the state as well as a DL. My DL is in butch mode and the ID is of me. No problem writing checks or using cc.
HUGS Sandra

Schatten Lupus
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I still wonder what that would ever be like.. I guess that is a bridge you have to cross if you ever get thier.
I hope to never have to find out. But, I also make it a habit to drive in a manner that keeps from getting pulled over. In terms of saved gas and traffic tickets, safe driving and driving the speed limit have paid off so much I don't see why anyone would do it any other way.
Allthough, there are a few places I can't help but get my '02 Cougar up to speed.

trannie T
10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Quit worrying. If you choose not to use a credit card most businesses will still accept those green pieces of paper. You should have no trouble using plastic with any kind of ID. If you drive reasonably you will be in little danger of being stopped, if you treat the officer decently and respectfully it is likely that you will be treated the same way. And, most importantly, relax and have a good trip.

Sammy777
10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
First, some helpful hints regarding getting pulled over in either "mode".

1) Shut off your car. No matter how hot or cold it is out.
This lets them know your not going try & drive off.
[You can always ask them if it's OK to restart it to get heat]

2) Put down the cell phone, shut off the radio, toss the cigarette
[These are pretty self explanatory - but still worth mentioning]

3) Turn your interior lights on at night
[If an officer can see you it puts them at ease]

4)Keep your hands on the wheel.
Don't go fishing for your Lic/Reg/Insurance before they ask you for it.
[For all they know you are either trying to hide something or trying to get something out, like a weapon]

5)Leave your seatbelt ON until after you speak with them.
[Again if your belt is on, your not going anywhere]

And remember to always be polite, if they're a complete tool to you.
Oh, and if your caught red handed like say doing 15 over the speed limit,
Don't say "I don't know" when asked "Do you know why I pulled you over".
Just fess up, honesty may be the only thing getting you out of that ticket.

Butterfly Bill
10-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Sometimes the officer has asked me, "why are you wearing a dress?", and I have answered, "Because I consider myself a transgendered person". But this has happened very rarely.

:iagree: to everything that SamanthaM says

A salesperson who looks at your ID is mostly interested in whether the signatures match.

And I live in Oklahoma, which is quite possibly the buckle of the Bible Belt, and I haven't had any trouble in these two departments. And Asheville is quite possibly the most crossdressing-appreciating town I have ever been in. I had strangers coming up to me on the street giving me compliments.

Sammy777
10-14-2008, 07:11 AM
:iagree: to everything that SamanthaM says

Thanks!

Most states have an "official" state ID that is used in place of a drivers license for any time your ID needs to be verified.

You can get this ID [at least in NJ] at the DMV/MVC, or whatever it's called in your state where you got your license.

I would suggest you call first to see what the policy is before showing up & go there in nothing more then drab/unisex clothes & a pretty face to avoid any unneeded BS.

Now there are two things you can do.
1) You can get the state ID for shopping, ect
[Great for everything and anything, except for driving.]
It never hurts to ask beforehand if you can get your femme name on the ID & what [if anything] would be needed to do it.
Even if it's still marked as Male on it, who cares right?

2) You can also go in and replace your "lost" license.
[Your original "lost" license will not become invalid by doing this]

Option #2 lets you drive & if pulled over your face will match the picture even though it says "Bob Smith - Male" on it.

Credit Cards & You
I suggest that only people who are single or out to their SO do this because they do show up on your monthly statements.

All credit card companies allow you to add someone to your account & get a card for that person in there name to use.
Following me yet?

Some companies ask for the SS# of the new member.
The how's & why's of them doing it doesn't matter here, so forget those companies.

While other CC companies, like say Discover, do not ask for a SS# for a second card holder because all purchases are the responsibility of the main account holder [You].

Your new second card will share the same number as your original card but have whatever name you tell them on it.

Another up side to this is you can use it to track your purchases & none of "those" items show up on "your" card.

And like someone before said,
most cashiers/SA's really only care that it gets approved.
If you don't believe that, the next time you buy something with your CC sign it John Doe and see what happens.

I'll tell you what happens, nothing. lol

So, good luck & happy shopping!

Cynthia_0101
10-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Check out this link for info on how much people pay attention to your signature. Really a funny read.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

Schatten Lupus
10-14-2008, 12:53 PM
And remember to always be polite, if they're a complete tool to you.
Oh, and if your caught red handed like say doing 15 over the speed limit,
Don't say "I don't know" when asked "Do you know why I pulled you over".
Just fess up, honesty may be the only thing getting you out of that ticket.
I'll add, do not take your belt off if your engine is still on. That can, and has where I live, gotten people a ticket before. It's a very low and very dirty move on the cops part (especially when in one instance, when a lady unbuckled her belt to reach around the seat to get the registration after the cop was already standing next to it), but corrupted piggies will do whatever it takes to write another ticket.

I mean no offense to anyone here who might be a police officer, or have friends or family who are, but to me, a police officer adheres to the laws the enforce, rather than live above them. They are also a friend of the public they serve, rather than a menace to the people they walk all over.

Rachel Welsley
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
when it comes to getting pulled over, I've found that depending on the weather, a lot of officers appreciate you having all your information ready for them. it expedites the process and keeps them from having to stand in the scorching heat, pouring rain or driving snow.

TxKimberly
10-14-2008, 07:17 PM
As some of the others have said, you use your credit cards just like you always do. there is nothing illegal with what your doing so don't worry about it. If they ask for ID, show them your ID. No big deal! And yes, this IS the voice of experience as I go shopping dressed a lot~! lol

Same thing with the drivers license. If you get stopped, give him your license. If you dont have a warrant and haven't done something that deserves being hauled to jail (DUI etc), it wont matter. You don't need to make excuses or explanations. You just hand him your license. IF he asks you (and I doubt it very much) THEN you can explain.

Genifer Teal
10-14-2008, 08:05 PM
All credit card companies allow you to add someone to your account & get a card for that person in there name to use.
Following me yet?

Some companies ask for the SS# of the new member.
The how's & why's of them doing it doesn't matter here, so forget those companies.

While other CC companies, like say Discover, do not ask for a SS# for a second card holder because all purchases are the responsibility of the main account holder [You].

Your new second card will share the same number as your original card but have whatever name you tell them on it.

This was a very easy thing to do. It is not really necessary but nice to have. It is great when out to be able to use a card which matches your gender. I've never had a problem either way. If anyone actually questions it, I can show them my lisence and the second card in my other name (same number) if need be.

One thing to keep in mind, you may have to reqest not to send mail to the second name on the account - if that kind of thing is important.

Gen

susan fuller
10-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Use a debit card instead of a credit card. You don't have to sign aything. As for the police it is simple just obey the law and you wont need to be pulled over.

Jilmac
10-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Meher, and welcome to the forum. First let me give you my condolences for living in the bible belt, you must hear a lot of fire and brimstone about what you do. Next I'll say that I have gone out en femme but used my male credit card and drivers license as ID. For the most part cops must act professional no matter how a person is presenting themself. Unless you are doing something illegal you should be able to use your male DL and credit card. Some of the younger female cashiers in the stores aren't sure what to do when a person is dressed as a woman but hands them male ID, they might call a supervisor for advice. Just make sure you can prove you are the person in that ID photo.:2c:

Suzy Harrison
10-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I've been stopped by the police whilst driving with no problems at all.
I also use my credit card all the time too and never had any worries.

However the Police and others in official capacities in the US, do seem to be a little over the top compared to attitudes here in Australia, so what we can get away with here might be different to the US.

At the end of the day, if you are not doing anything illegal then they will have no interest in you. Dressing as a female, a male, or as a monkey :D isn't illegal - and we are the least of the worries of the Police compared to some people they have to deal with.

CherylKCCD
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I've been pulled over twice while dressed. Neither time was a problem.

First time was at a sobriety check point. I showed my license, they asked if I'd had anything to drink. I answered, "not a drop". They let me go and said "have a nice evening."

The second time I was in a rental car in Las Vegas. Turns out the license tag on the rental car was expired. I showed the rental paperwork. They let me go, but said they would be contacting the rental company.

TxKimberly
10-15-2008, 06:50 PM
. . . . However the Police and others in official capacities in the US, do seem to be a little over the top compared to attitudes here in Australia. . . .

Nah, people on this forum are just worried that they MIGHT be more over the top here. He might laugh himself sick in his car after he gives you the ticket, but the police here are going to be professionals.
Of course, no matter where you are, your are going to have an exception here and there, but the very vast majority of police officers in the US are going to be professional and treat you with courtesy.

Denise01
10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
I have used my credit cards and debit card while travelling enfemme and have had no problems at all.

As some of the girls have said, i find that most of the SA do not care, all they want to do is to determine that the right person is using it.

But as a retired person, that worked in the banking system, by all means, use the proper and legal identification to match the credit card you are using

Denise

2b.Lauren
10-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I sign my cards Picture ID required for my own protection. However, it is still very rare that a clerk actually looks at the signature on the card. If it is approved then most of the time they complete the sale. A lot of shops now have the slide in place for you to use, so the clerk may never even see or ask for the card, since it is not leaving your hand.

Sometimes Steffi
10-16-2008, 07:48 PM
I get a gift card. No name at all, just sigh the back.

https://www.allaccessgift.com/gift/

You do need to kee track of the balance.

It works to buy over the Internet and with PayPal.

Just register your address at the web site.

boy2girl31
10-17-2008, 01:37 AM
As everyone else said the store only cares that they get their money. As for the getting pulled over thing in 99.9% of the cases the officer will be professional though they may on rare occasions ask you why you are dressed as you are it is rare. One last note check your city and county laws some places have laws against wearingh a disguise in order to deter criminals and you could get a fine for having a disguise as being en fem disguises who you really are. (Though I would argue that it accually shows more who I really am)

Sam44
10-21-2008, 04:07 AM
I've been playing a game for decades: I see if my credit card expires before someone asks me to sign it. I've ended up signing cards three times in the last 30 years... These days when someone notices that the card isn't signed I sometimes get asked for ID, but often they just let it pass. Ironically it's usually the small purchases when people ask for ID. I've never had anyone ask for ID for purchases over about $100 (except for cash advances at a bank. They always ask for ID tho they don't seem to mind that my cards aren't signed.)

I've been stopped by the police when I was dressed up twice. Both times they were polite and professional, just like any other time I get stopped.

One other thing to remember is that even tho you may drive perfectly, not everyone does, you may be in an accident that isn't your fault and have an encounter with the police that way. Still I haven't had a problem.