PDA

View Full Version : Am I a cross dresser?

pinkeverything
10-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Am I a "Crossdresser".....if I've dressed less than 10 times and I'm in my 30's?

Seriously?

amy canada
10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
If you've dressed up 10 times and you wanted to dress up each time, then yes, you're a crossdresser.

Ashlie Marie
10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Hun.

i can take a stab at that if u want. I hope I don't kill it now. I am 31 and up until last year I dressed once and while on halloween, and panties and occasion dance costume and pj's around the house. I never concidered mysled a crossdresser. to be honest up until a year ago i though all crossdressers were flaming gay drag queens, Please before i get any girls mad a me I maent nothing by that at all. I wish i had the bodes of some of those girls. I just grew up very catholic and went to private school for all 12 grades. I doidnt know better. If you look up crossdresser in websters it simplys states to wear a peice of clothing that socialy is worn by the oppiste gender. so hey I guess you are while u are doing it. That is how I look at me. if I curl my hair in the morning and wear a bra cute top and pants to work I am crossing for the day. but with my hair pulled back and jean and t-shirt I am just me. So really it is how you see yourself when you look at yourself I have plenty of friends now that crossdress at home or out and just think of themseves as themselves. I am one that hates labels, and my wife does a lot she hate when people come up to her and say things wow how can u be ok with marring a crossdresser. She always gets them back with funny things like, women wearing pants at one time were concidered crossdressers too. it makes me giggle. but u have to be true to yourslef. you say less then 10 times. If you don't mind me asking has it been the 10 days or the last 10 halloweens? If someone were to give you a bunch of clothes that fit you would you wear them around the house when you felt like it? Don;t worry about labeling yourself, and just enjoy your new adventures, and remeber all of us girls are here if you need anything

Hugs
Ashlie

Christina2008
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Only 10 times in 30 years? you have a lot of catching up to do.:cheer:

I wish you the very best in your discovery (of course you are :))

docrobbysherry
10-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Maybe that's the same as the difference between crossdressing and being a crossdresser.

With alcohol, u cross the line when u go from deciding if u want a drink or not to, u must have a drink.

Maybe there's that same dividing line between someone who crossdressed just for the heck of it, as opposed to those that r compelled to crossdress!?:straightface:

crusadergirl
10-14-2008, 12:05 AM
i ready don't know if your a crossdresser only you know that.

Deanna2
10-14-2008, 01:20 AM
I'd be cross too if I had only worn femme gear that infrequently.

Nadia-Maria
10-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Am I a "Crossdresser".....if I've dressed less than 10 times and I'm in my 30's?

Seriously?

Maybe you can leave this question open for a while.

In any case, there are crossdressers who only began to crossdress much later than in their 30's.
On the other hand, if you have no more urge to crossdress for another 30 years, then you probably are NOT a crossdresser.

Future will say.

BananaFish
10-14-2008, 02:52 AM
i feel like a kid LOL i'm only 22 and i've done it DOZENS of times..hell even more than 30 times...so i dunno, i feel like a "Grizzled old man" when it comes to experience HEH! :lol:

Jess_cd32
10-14-2008, 03:08 AM
Maybe that's the same as the difference between crossdressing and being a crossdresser.

With alcohol, u cross the line when u go from deciding if u want a drink or not to, u must have a drink.

Maybe there's that same dividing line between someone who crossdressed just for the heck of it, as opposed to those that r compelled to crossdress!?:straightface:

I agree w/ you on that doc, could just be a once in awhile fetish thing or whatever you would call it.

Tracii G
10-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Well Candy I think you look fabulous in make up and in your racey undergarments LOL.It would be a shame if you weren't a crossdersser.:hugs:

mykhelee
10-14-2008, 03:35 AM
I feel more at ease dressed. Besides, I get the houswork done faster in 4" heels and a skirt than jeans and tennies. No sexual thrill unless there is a cute girl "involved" just emotional contenment.

Jonianne
10-14-2008, 06:07 AM
A crossdresser is someone who enjoys wearing the cloths of the opposite sex. If you enjoy it, you are. No matter how much you actually dress.

immike
10-14-2008, 06:44 AM

Seriously?
The first time you try on any piece of womens attire,you are a crossdresser.The 1st
time I secretly snuck into my sisters closet&tried on all of her shoes,dresses,skirts&
good skirtsuits,I knew I was hooked.Now,i sneak into mothers closet7dress in all of her
good wardrobe.

Angie G
10-14-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes and be happy about it. So only less then 10 times get going girl.:hugs:
Angie

pinkeverything
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
O.K. then. I am a cross dresser. I do like it. I love it actually. I better get myself a closer matched foundation then. I spent big bucks on some good stuff, but it's the wrong colour, so I have to cake it on all over my face and I don't like it. I really need some make up help. I want to be pretty, but it is going to take some sort of miracle with this man face and man beard.

Candy

PamelaTX
10-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Seriously?

Yes. If you weren't the question would never even occur to you.

Nicole Erin
10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
A crossdresser is someone who enjoys wearing the cloths of the opposite sex. If you enjoy it, you are. No matter how much you actually dress.

Yes if you enjoy it or feel a need to do it to feel normal, you are CD.
Those who are NOT CD but dress en femme would be entertainers [like drag queens] or people trying to conceal their real identity. Like a guy who goes into a bank with pantyhose on his head is not a CD. :heehee:

Being CD is a state of mind, the clothes just help bring it out.

You know it is funny cause I was talking to one of our new members about something similar earlier. Labels are so silly, just live as one wants.
Now I am off to find my booty shorts, heels, and Madonna CDs, gotta dance...

Amanda Shaft
10-14-2008, 05:20 PM
OMG! I think I might be one too!!!!:doh:
Amanda

Amy Hepker
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes!

Paige.
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
I would say yes you are. I am a GG and haven't reached 30 yet and I have been with less than 10 dressed men. Does the number of times really count?
I liked it my first time and I have since had to deal with self acceptance and side issues, just like you will.
Good luck Candy.

Tina B.
10-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Ladies I think we can agree, it's not the count, it's how it makes you feel!
Tina B.

Inachis
10-15-2008, 12:54 AM

Seriously?

Whether or not you think of yourself as a crossdresser is a mute point. This is a tag that you have placed upon yourself. What you are doing you enjoy, right? Would it be the same if you have dressed 30x and were 10? Who cares if you have not dressed a great number of times as long as you relish each time. So ask yourself do I enjoy dressing En Femme.:2c:

Danielle
10-15-2008, 01:08 AM
It just comes out of nowhere,I started young at 5 wearing Moms friend pantyhose and I lost track of how many times now but I always have a blast:D Enjoy your first times they are quite unforgetable:hugs:

emmicd
10-15-2008, 01:22 AM
As a crossdresser the need to dress and buy feminine clothes is a big part of being a crossdresser. The urge to dress is stong and when you do dress you want to stay dressed. I know what it's like to be a crossdresser because I am one! I also feel better when I dress. I have repressed my crossdressing over the years. I purged my clothes many times. To be a crossdresser you have to have purged your beautiful clothes and wound up buying again and wearing your favorite dress when you promised yourself you would never do it again. Once a crossdresser always a crossdresser. You can't stop know matter how many times you try. I finally have accepted it and very much enjoy crossdressing even if it is closet crossdressing!

Good Luck and if you are a crossdresser there is nothing wrong with it!

If you are a crossdresser then enjoy it!

emmi

Tracii G
10-15-2008, 01:34 AM
Candy I'm glad you finally figured it out.Hey!!! I'm one too go figure!
Are there any other crossderssers on this forum?

femw/i
10-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I agree, the fact that you have a desire to dress would be a consideration that I am a crossdresser. I have this desire, it has never left me.

Carly D.
10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
It all depends on when you started dressing, really.. I mean if you are thirty years old and only started when you were twenty-five then by the average of let's say twice per year over a five year period.. lets see here.. carry the one... subtract the formula for cross dressing which is... oh... hell .. I never was very good at math.. let's just say... you are what you are.. it is what it is.. you be what you be.. a lark is a lark.. a sparrow is a sparrow.. a chicken is a chicken... that being said here the point being that you have to ask those here on this forum who none of us cross dress.. we all dress the way that makes us feel good.. and the doctors and head shrinkers call it cross dressing.. I call it "feels good to do"... so do it...

DeeDeeB
10-16-2008, 11:10 AM
O.K. then. I am a cross dresser. I do like it. I love it actually. I better get myself a closer matched foundation then. I spent big bucks on some good stuff, but it's the wrong colour, so I have to cake it on all over my face and I don't like it. I really need some make up help. I want to be pretty, but it is going to take some sort of miracle with this man face and man beard.

Candy

You've answered your question wisely. What's most important is our perception of ourselves. Some days I'm a CD, others a tranny, and others a guy in a dress, it depends on my self image at the time. And I'm not terribly concerned what labels others care to put on me.

There's a lot of good advice here about makeup, as well as some great links. It'll take some time and experimentatiion, but I'll bet you can come up with a look you'll like.

Dee :fairy1:

susan fuller
10-16-2008, 11:21 AM
If you enjoy dressing in female clothing be happy and don't worry about what its called. It is a wonderful feeling to be dressed up in a dress or skirt and top and enjoying life. If you did it one time or ten does not matter.

Dee72
10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree with you there susie, if you feel the desire dress and enjoy :battingeyelashes:

almisami
10-18-2008, 03:27 PM

Seriously?

Judging by the fact that you did it willingly and that you actually bothered to look it up, I'd say yes.

Many people mix Transgender and Crossdresser, though: Remember that being a crossdresser just means that you enjoy wearing female garb, which you seem to do.
Nothing more, nothing less.

And seriously, do we have to put terms on every single behavior that makes us happy? :c9:

DJdanidisco
10-18-2008, 03:36 PM
I class myself as a CD and I enjoy it.
I've been doing it since I was 6 ish and now I'm as old as the hills.
I also class myself as a lesbian trapped in a mans body as well :D

You go for it, and I'll agree with the rest of the girls, enjoy it and you'll wonder what all the worry was about.

Bev06 GG
10-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Pink everything, Maybe it would give us a better idea if you gave some indication as to why you dressed up in womens clothes and what the circumstances were when you did do.
I would hazard a guess that any guy who puts on womens clothes does so because he wants to and he enjoys it. Most regular guys wouldn't have the urge to do so. Maybe I am over simplifying things but then only you can really answer that question.
Bev

Sammy777
10-18-2008, 03:55 PM
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire,
the meal was cooked a long time ago.