PDA

View Full Version : so my wife's best friend is going to find out one way or another...

Rayna
05-29-2005, 02:07 PM
So I feel like i'm in a bit of a bind here...
I've come to the conclusion that my wife's best friend is going to wind up learning about my other half, and i'm not sure which is the best way for it to happen....

here's the situation (a combination of issues). For one, i've realized that it's wrong for me to tell my wife that she can't tell anyone about Rayna. There's got to be an outlet for her to speak to about it.
To make matters worse, i've felt this compulsion to tell someone about it myself as well.. i tried telling one of my online girl friends about it, and she just kind of brushed it off as no big deal, and I felt a bit let down.
Now to combine this all together, we're in a bit of a bind where her friend (a guy) may need to come live with us for a short period of time due to his housing situation... and quite frankly i'm not going to stop dressing because someone else is in the house.

First off, do i allow for him to find out about Rayna.... then moreover, do i allow my wife to tell him, or do i tell him... or, alternatively, do i just let him come across Rayna sometime.

I'm not concerned about getting my a** kicked or anything, he's a really mellow guy and very accepting of people's differences....

I just dont know what the right way to do this is. I have to pick up my wife from his house tonight and I'm half tempted to show up wearing a skirt

jjjjohanne
05-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Your wife's best friend is a guy? And he is possibly going to move in with you? Be careful, this sounds odd....

You could go to the mall or somewhere with him to eat and arrange it so that a CD friend of yours walks by or eats nearby. Then you have your opening to bring it up. Showing up in a skirt seems extreme. Maybe in shorts and hose or something subtle like that. If you are going to wear a skirt, then it would be about the same if you went to his house en femme. That is a bold move. I think my nerves wouldn't cooperate. I'd probably wreck on the way!

CharleneCD
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Ok Rayna, maybe its time to lose a bet. last weekend Bunny and i had to go stay overnight and help a friend who just had surgery. I went enfemme and we told her that I had lost a big bet, and had to dress fully female for a week. (it was so hard to act devistated) She and her son and others who came thought this funny and respected me for following through with my loss. By the end of the weekend though we got to the point where we felt if she is a true friend she will accept me as I was, so we told her that it wasnt a bet and I was a crossdresser. She was accepting and has called us a couple of times since so we know it wasnt an act.

Maybe exposing your wifes friend this way to get him adjusted might work for you. Even if you dont tell him the truth you still get to dress while he is there.

Mandy Salamander
05-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I'd let wife tell,(preferrably before he moves in) as you said yourself, she needs an outlet as well, best to give her one. My wife (now ex) knew going in so that wasn't an issue, but we broke the news to daughter (at 17) and allowed her to tell one mutually agreed upon acceptable person, unfortunately this person already knew as my ex-wife had previously told half the state!! so my daughter told the other half!!! so now I'm OUT, whether I like it or not! Incidentally, this all happened quite some time ago, there are not now, nor ever have been any hard feelings amongst us, some accepted, many did not, my daughter is my biggest supporter, I am quite comfortable with it and have never been happier!!!.................Aside to Charlene, Love the new pic

Tristen Cox
05-30-2005, 03:29 AM
Why don't you both approach the subject with him at the same time. Not to overwhelm him just to have you both present if any questions surface. Just a thought.