PDA

View Full Version : I had to get out last night!

Julie
05-29-2005, 02:49 PM
I went over to Jacki's last night because I was bouncing off walls. I was in drab and figured I'd be that way until my wife and son move out in about a week. My son and I are talking occasionally now and I don't want to blow that so I have abstained from dressing until they are out.

So I get over to Jacki's and she's in drab too. We looked like a couple of GQ's :rotflmao:

Well, Jacki asks if I want to go to Escapades and I say sure. Then she says she's going dressed. Of course I'm getting jealous but I figure if I wear a hint of makeup, not enough to be noticed, it would satisfy me. Yeah, right! :rolleyes: One thing leads to another and before you know it I'm fully made up and asking Jacki if I could borrow her NuBra forms. She says they are still packed away.

I can see it will be a while before she's ready so I sneak back home and get dressed. I haven't shaven my legs in weeks so no skorts or skirts (darn!). I wore black jeans, open toe sandals, pink cap-sleeved top and a pink baseball cap (no wig). I call Jacki on the way back and she's still not ready so I told her I'd meet her there.

As soon as I walk in a girl (GG) literally runs up to me and gives me a big hug. I was taken by surprise and she looks at me and says, "Julie, don't you remember me?" I told her I did I was just taken off guard by her enthusiasm and thanked her for the nice greeting. "I was so hoping you'd be here tonight. It's been a while since I was here last and I wondered if I'd see you." That was cool. Then I was greeted again and again like I was some sort of celebrity. It was kinda nice to be greeted so warmly by so many.

A lot of people said they liked my natural hair better than a wig. Personally I think I look better in a wig, especially since my hair is a bit thin on top :o , hence the baseball cap (it was a ladies' cap of course!)

Jacki showed up later but we didn't have much chance to talk. She got the same kind of greeting and neither of us had the chance to break away. Anyway, we closed the place and a couple of GG's I met there went back with me to Jacki's. Jacki brought back a GG friend too. We took pics of the five of us but I forgot to e-mail them to my computer. I really wasn't too crazy about how they turned out, actually I guess I should say how I looked. :thumbsdn: I don't know how anyone can say I look better with my natural hair. I thought I looked a bit too masculine myself.

But I have to admit, even though I didn't plan the night and I thought it was about the worst I have looked in a long time, it was nice to get out dressed.

Just one more week and the handcuffs will be off.......

CharleneCD
05-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Julie, i am so happy to see that you got out last night. I am quickly finding that a little love and acceptance will do wonders for a girl. Looks like you got alot of it last night. Good for you girl. :thumbsup:

Tristen Cox
05-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Good for you, sounds like Julie has been needing to get out anyway. I take it after next week she will be 'out' alot more for the summer. That must be a huge thing to get off your shoulders. I'll be thinking of you :)

Wendy me
05-29-2005, 04:41 PM
julie good to hear that you out and haveing fun ....the harly?????hay your own hair always beats a wig...hang in there sister...better hair days are comming....my hair took like 4 long months ..............

huge wendy hugs...

jjjjohanne
05-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Show us the pictures and we'll tell you our opinion. ;)

Julie
05-29-2005, 04:48 PM
the harly?????

After I paid my wife her part of the settlement, thoughts of the Harley went bye-bye :no:

Oh well, at least I'll be able to dress pretty much whenever I want :dance:

Ophelia D'Void
05-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Been a long time since I've responded on one of your threads, but just wanted to say that I'm glad that you can still curtsy in the face of adversity. Also glad that things are chugging along slowly but surely with your son.

I still have the utmost confidence that given time, your son will be able to love you again as the father he once knew, and who knows, maybe he'll end up becoming a more tolerant person across the board when it happens. In the mean time just hang in there, and I think your policy of a little bit at a time is still the best one to take. Take it easy and good to see you again...

Hugz & Kisses,
Ophelia

Kimberly
05-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Woot!! Must have been fun.

gratz and hugs xx

Sharon
05-30-2005, 06:53 AM
It sounds like you had a very nice night, Julie! I'm so glad to see that your emotional state is on the upswing.
It's a funny thing about dressing, isn't it? I, too, often think that I'll just do a "touch" of make-up, or perhaps limit myself to just a little bit of feminine clothing or undergarments, but before I know it, I've gone all out and completed the ensemble.

So, I hope that once things get settled for you, and you get accustomed to your circumstances, we'll see a lot more of you here! :dance:

paulaN
05-30-2005, 07:24 AM
sounds like going out is just what you needed. so glad you had a good time and glad things are going well with your son. he needs time to sort things out I'm sure. love paula