PDA

View Full Version : Childhood feelings??

Ronni Seymour
10-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't know about you gals but throughout my childhood I can remember instances when, out of the blue, a longing and desire to dress in girls clothes would come over me. Though I couldn't describe it then nor understand it, I can now say that it was kind of like joy, excited anticipation, happiness all muddled together when I thought about the possibility.
One instance was when my dad, mom, sister and I were driving back home one afternoon from our camp on the river. As we drove past a women's clothing store with dresses, and the like, displayed in the window, that intriguing desire came over me.
For those who spent their childhood in the '60's, do you remember that very short lived, very silly TV sitcom "Ugliest Girl in Town"? Even though as a 9 year old I didn't quite get the premise, but I was intrigued and drawn to the fact of a man actually dressing completely like a gal. If you remember, the title character would be strolling down the street in a short mini skirt (this was the MOD '60's), tight knee high leather boots, ectcetera, ectcetera, ectcetera. Again, that same kind of muddled up feeling would come welling up.
I'm sure a number of you, if not all, can resonate with me. I guess it goes to show that we're a little, delightfully different than your average Joe. Unless this is a quite common experience in young boys. Some pursue it, others don't? Maybe?
I don't know but I kind of like my difference. Makes me all warm and giggly inside. :battingeyelashes:

Toni_Lynn
10-14-2008, 06:40 PM
For those who spent their childhood in the '60's, do you remember that very short lived, very silly TV sitcom "Ugliest Girl in Town"? Even though as a 9 year old I didn't quite get the premise, but I was intrigued and drawn to the fact of a man actually dressing completely like a gal. If you remember, the title character would be strolling down the street in a short mini skirt (this was the MOD '60's), tight knee high leather boots, ectcetera, ectcetera, ectcetera. Again, that same kind of muddled up feeling would come welling up.

Oh yes!:) That was a favourite of mine. I was probably 10 at the time and I loved the fact that Timmie was so lucky to get to wear all those cool clothes.

I have a DVD with the pilot episode on it. PM me if you'd like a copy.

Oh -- and the mod fashions. From the late 60s thorough the 70s. Soooo cool. I was thinking about this today, and remember being so envious of the boys on the Brady Bunch, dreaming that they too probably crossdressed cause they had sisters who had such cool clothes. I just knew inside if I was one of them, I'd have been wearing Marcia's stuff all the time! :daydreaming:

As I've said else where, that was the time in my life that I most cherish. Life was all so innocent and I felt like anything was possible -- even becoming a girl. The thoughts made me giggly inside. I guess I just loved girls so much much and loved being with girls so much that I was overjoyed that I too was one of them.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

dianeleah
10-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I remember the summer after my 6th year preparing for church camp. It was my first time, and I had to have a new different outfit for each day. It was the early 70's, and my outfits were all boy outfit, but they were not the norm middle school boy (cotton jersey, army shirt,....) mine were all different. Almost feminine. My favorite one was a light blue nice t-shirt with little dark blue elephants all over it (they called me elephant man at camp). I had very short dark blue shorts that went with the shirt. All my outfits matched and I remember planning over and over what day I would wear which outfit (although I probadly wore the elephant one more than once!) My older sister helped pick them out, but I'm sure she thought her little brother was strange. How many 12 year old boys are really into fashion, lol?

Samantha43
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I remember being so jealous when my sisters got cute little dresses for Easter and I was stuck with a stupid coat and tie. At Easter dinner, everyone in our family would say how cute they looked in their dresses. I never got over that, so when I was old enough I bought my own cute dresses. :D

Nicole Erin
10-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I wanted to PM this to you but it won't work so check this out -
On youtube there is the beginning and ending credits to "ugliest girl in town" and 2 of 3 parts of some episode.

Now it stopped airing in 69, and I was born a few years later so I don't remember it.
So anyways not like you have not checked but if not, have some nostalgia on youtube with "the ugliest girl in town." :)

Inachis
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I am 29 y/o so I've never seen or heard of that show, but I can identify with you about the desire to dress "flushing" over me. Even as a adolescent i can remember the want to dress.

Ronni Seymour
10-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Samantha, your avatar looks so "mod"......those boots.:daydreaming: "These boots are made for walkin..." Nancy Sinatra, anyone? And your name girl. Remember "Bewitched"?
Gettin stuck in the '60's....
...oh, and don't forget Twiggy...

emmicd
10-14-2008, 10:12 PM
That warm fuzzy feeling always preceeded my trying on girls clothes. I always felt excited and always enjoyed dressing up. That same feeling is with me today over 40 years later. It's hard to believe that wearing girls clothes can stir up so many happy emotions!

emmi

Jilmac
10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I vaguelly remember the sit-com you mentioned. Although I only saw a couple episodes at most, I wished I was that guy in the mini skirt. The urges you refer to seeing all those clothes in that dress shop are quite similar to a fantasy I used to play out numerous times in my youth.

I would fantasize being locked in a local department store at closing time and spending the entire night in the lingerie dept and women's dept. trying on all the beautiful panties, bras, girdles, slips, dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Then going into the makeup dept and sampling lipstick and perfume.

Alas it was only a fantasy, and I never gave a thought to there being a security guard in the store or the consequenses of getting caught. But I would daydream about it every time I passed the store while riding the city bus on my way home from school. The fantasy would relieve the monotony of the bus ride until I reached my stop.

Angie G
10-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I started dressing back in the 60's and felt just like that hun.:hugs:
Angie

Jess_cd32
10-15-2008, 01:31 AM
I don't know about you gals but throughout my childhood I can remember instances when, out of the blue, a longing and desire to dress in girls clothes would come over me. Though I couldn't describe it then nor understand it, I can now say that it was kind of like joy, excited anticipation, happiness all muddled together when I thought about the possibility.

Same here at about 7-8 y/o, but w/ a large family it was about impossible, had no idea why but just wanted to.

femw/i
10-15-2008, 02:57 AM
As long as I can remember I have fantasized about being in that dress I saw in the display window. It has never left, and I still fantasize myself in that dress in the window.

Desiree2bababe
10-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Never saw the ugliest girl in town but I sure did envy Ginger in Gilligan's Island! Her lashes, lips, hair, and those oh so tight gowns.

mykhelee
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I never saw the show you mention. I have been crossing since the age of twelve, I was hit by dual purpose puberty I guess.

trisha59
10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Never saw the ugliest girl in town but I sure did envy Ginger in Gillian's Island! Her lashes, lips, hair, and those oh so tight gowns.

What about Mary Ann with those cute halters and short shorts? As for the ugliest girl TV show it must not have ran around here I can't think of anything remotely like it.

Bethany38
10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
I kinda think I know what you getting at. When I was a child I used to have a re-accuring fantasy that all of the boy clothes in the world had dissapred and all I was able to wear was girl closed. Whenever I used to go to this fantasy I used to feel so happy and content.Just the thought of being able to wear girl clothes and get aaway with it without repercussions. Oh I would so be in heaven until I fell asleep.:)

Crystal Alberta
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Like most of the gals who have replied to this thread, I also felt the desire to crossdress from a very early age. I quite clearly remember being four or five years old and wondering what it would feel like to wear girls' clothes. My desire to dress increased over the following years, and every time one of the boys in school wore a dress or a pair of tights for a Halloween costume or school play, I secretly wished it was me. It took me until my early teens to finally act on my urges, though.

Crystal

black leotards
10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I started fantasizing about dressing as a girl early in life. I bought this jumper when I was about 11 or 12, I think. It was from the Sears catalog. Of course, I wore it with tights! :)

My jumperhttp://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=698&pictureid=5424 (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=698&pictureid=5424)

MJ
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
i was not around in the 60's still young i did get a chance to dress but my time was the 70's ohh to have my time back and there were some great outfits back then

BillieJoe
10-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Somewhat similar to Samantha 43's post I was quite young and had to tag along with a couple of aunts and girl cousins. Can't remember the ocassion but we all entered a girl's dress store and everyone but me was trying on and buying a fancy dress. After awhile I asked quite loudly when I was going to get my dress. I can still remember the deafening silence that hung in the air for a little while. All of a sudden my cousins all started making fun of me. I did have thoughts from time to time of dressing like a girl. After all I always felt and knew that I was one...

sexystephie
10-16-2008, 01:37 AM
I wasnt born till the early 70's, but I also remember dressing up when I was very young. I couldnt have been older then 5-6 and was playing house with my sister and the neighbor kids and I was dressed in one my sisters play dress's. I was one of the mommies lol. I can remember doing that from time to time till someone put a stop to it. I can also remember trying on my sisters clothes when I was a little older, and i've never been able to stop for more then a year or so.

Beth-Lock
10-16-2008, 02:15 AM
I remember hearing about the show, but do not remember watching it This sort of thing attracted my attention then, but I guess I was repressing my desires then, at least to the extent of identifying with it. I probably wouldn't mind watching it now.

Slip Affinity
10-16-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't specifically remember that show but I can surely relate to the feelings you express. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about dressing. Sometimes I think it consumes too much of my thoughts and time, but I won't give it up.

Joann0830
10-16-2008, 06:51 AM
I was born in 1948 and growing up, my parents always told me that I was a child who hated being dressed, when I got older I realized that the clothes that I did not like were boys clothes. I had no sisters but two female cousins that lived down stairs from me and I so envy them the clothes that they wore. I had very lite blond hair and very fair complexion for a young boy, who when growing up would be mistaken for a girl. I remember not playing with my two older brothers but always playing with my cousins and even played dress up with them and felt that thats the way I wanted to dress up. I even remember coloring my nails with red crayons and wearing my moms screwback earings and hoping that is if I wore them and used them that my ears would pierce. I was so lucky my mom had a size 5 shoe so I had it made there and like everybody here I did do the mom clothes thing, stockings and pad the bra with toilet paper or anything else that would look like breasts and in the 50s woman use to wear kerchiefs on their head and tied around the neck, that was good because doing that gave me the appearence of having long hair. These are the great times of my life Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Toni_Lynn
10-16-2008, 09:23 AM
This era brings back such wonderful warm memories for me. I just love hearing what all of you have had to say! Thank you so much Carol for starting it.

One thing that I will always remember is watching the Monkees every Monday night with the girl who lived across the street. I'll admit that I was fascnated by Davey Jones, because he was the cute one and got all the girls. In my mind I was alwasy thinking, cute means get girls, getting girl means that you can dress in her clothes cause she thinks that you are cute and would make a cute girl. Odd, eh?

But -- what stuck with me the most were the ads for Yardley cosmetics, because they featured all the groovy mod clothes that the girls in London were wearing. I was hooked. Of course all the girls around me in school were wearing similar stuff and in my little mind, and I couldn't quite quite understand why I couldn't too. Then it clicked in my mind -- I could wear them if I wanted to, and so it began.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

daviolin
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I remember being so jealous when my sisters got cute little dresses for Easter and I was stuck with a stupid coat and tie. At Easter dinner, everyone in our family would say how cute they looked in their dresses. I never got over that, so when I was old enough I bought my own cute dresses. :D
Here Here Samantha cute story
http://flickr.com/photos/daviolin

Carly D.
10-16-2008, 10:08 AM
For me, the tv show Monty Python did it.. yes they were more "campy" with it but still I would watch them wearing drag and playing the women parts.. did this turn me on to cross dressing?? by that time I was wearing some clothing.. if anything it made wearing dresses feel like a good idea..

susan2010
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
I started very young, too. I remember putting on my sister's petticoat when I was 4 or 5 and I don't think it was the first time. I think it came from seeing women on tv like Loretta Young, and seeing my sister in her petticoat and knowing that had to feel so good I had to try it. I was right....it felt great.

Alice Edwards
11-27-2008, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Dg711Vnfg&feature=related
Here are some reruns on youtube..

unclejoann
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
I still have the Loretta Young image in my mind as an ideal look. I identified with her more than any other woman, I wanted to look and dress just like her.