PDA

View Full Version : i think it's finally happening

Rayna
05-29-2005, 03:58 PM
i'm not sure if i care if people see me dressed anymore.

I have absolutely no explanation for it...

I mean, i'm almost ready to head out to my store tonight to lock the doors and set the alarm for my employees without getting changed into my drabs. It'd be a touch awkward since i have a 17 year old girl working for me, and she's on the trendy side of things... although she has a gay brother, so she's pretty accepting of things.....

So torn.. i want to be out to the world and just get on with my life!... but i'm still afraid of being insulted.

CharleneCD
05-29-2005, 04:45 PM
So torn.. i want to be out to the world and just get on with my life!... but i'm still afraid of being insulted.

Rayna, god I know just how you feel. At least it sounds like your the boss so you cant get fired.

I am still just a newbie but dressing has made me feel like a whole person. Because of that I am becoming like you in that I dont care if people know.

jjjjohanne
05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, let us know what happens, either way.

Lady Jayne
05-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi Rayna
My haven't we come a long way considering this was only 12 days ago!:thumbsup:

i've forgotten something in my car (mind you i live in an apartment complex), and I'm all dressed up now, but I'm having trouble bringing myself to go out (still dressed up) to get it.

It's such a messed up feeling, because I really want to walk out the door dressed how I feel... but, i'll be damned if the thought of doing that isn't alarming!

oh come on, somebody just talk me into it!

It's almost scary isn't it, all those years of hiding and bieng ashamed then we find this place and suddenly there's no stopping us! Mind you I'm sure your wonderfuly accepting wife has a lot to do with it,I think thats what I need...someone who will encourage me to go out then lock the door when I try and chicken out Hee hee!

I'm glad things are going so well for you......you go girl!!!!

Kimberly
05-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm almost coming to this stage: I'm wanting to just tell people who I am really, BUT I also want to be accepted: which you have said as well.

Maybe I'll leave it a while, until I'm in the position where I can choose who I really want to be friends with to a certain extent. College isn't allowing for that right now, so...

I'm still making the steps to come out to people though. :)

Tell us how this all works out, Rayna. Good luck, hun! xx

gender_blender
05-29-2005, 08:15 PM
One of the best things I did for myself was stop caring what others thought about me. I'd at least want them to see the real me than the false conformist. They can't hold against me what I'm proud to be.

Charlie

Melissa A.
05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Dressing in front of people ought to be done on your terms, when you are ready, and comfortable, and with the people you are comfortable sharing it with. It shouldn't be awkward, or create discomfort for you or the other person.

That's different from people knowing. I don't give a darn who knows. But I'm not about to walk into the local pub I hang out in as a guy, dressed, and create alot of discomfort or hard feelings.

Being happy with who you are simply means that no one can make you feel uncomfortable about you. Who you actually share crossdressing with is up to you, but remember, there is a difference between the two.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

GypsyKaren
05-29-2005, 08:45 PM
I feel the exact same way as you do. I guess I'm finally at a point in my life where I don't care what people think about me. I think we can call that progress

Sweet Jeanette
05-30-2005, 01:59 AM
i'm not sure if i care if people see me dressed anymore.

I have absolutely no explanation for it...

I mean, i'm almost ready to head out to my store tonight to lock the doors and set the alarm for my employees without getting changed into my drabs. It'd be a touch awkward since i have a 17 year old girl working for me, and she's on the trendy side of things... although she has a gay brother, so she's pretty accepting of things.....

I feel EXACTLY the same way!!!---I have felt just like you, for several weeks now!!!---And I have tempted it, but unlike you, I will not be just insulted.---I will be hurt, or worse!!!-----I too, want the world to see the real me, and I have written about this in other threads, and I have been cautioned not to become a statistic on the back page of the evening paper, or just another obituary report!-----You probably live in a much more "open thinking" type of atmosphere, than I do.---Maybe you could get away with it. I don't know.---Anyway, I caution you;--------BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!! :eek: