PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't it bug you?

femw/i
10-15-2008, 03:16 AM
Last evening I was walking my dog in the park. I ran into a group of friends many of them were women. I was listening to a conversation between two of the women. I found this quite amusing.
One of the ladies was explaining that she had to buy a dress for her child wedding. She said that it was a waste of money because she would never wear the dress again.
I had to laugh to myself, thinking that if I were her I would always be in dresses!

Doesn't that just drive you nuts?

Go figure, life is strange when you think about it.

Lesley Ann
10-15-2008, 07:59 AM
I know how your friend feels. I bought a wedding dress on a wim.........

Lesley Ann

Jocelyn Quivers
10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
In all fairness I agree with the friend. Yes, I would always like to be in dresses. However I would be quite unhappy about spending lots of money on a dress that I did not even get to pick out myself and that I will only were 1 time for a few hours.

mykhelee
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
It is possible to buy a stylish dress that is multi-functional. Especially when you cna wear it out without fear. At my last wedding and one of a dear friend the bridesmaid dresses were ones that truly could be worn for an evening out, not clubbing but simple elegance.

Vivian Best
10-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I would certainly be unhappy if I bought an expensive dress and have no place to wear it! My wife bought a gorgeous dress to wear at our grandson's wedding and has no other place appropriate to wear it. I'd wear it except she wears a larger size than I do. Just my luck. That falls in the same category as FABs not wanting to wear dresses, pantyhose, girdles and high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them all the time but most of them says they are uncomfortable, they are hot or some other reason. Go figure!

docrobbysherry
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I would certainly be unhappy if I bought an expensive dress and have no place to wear it! My wife bought a gorgeous dress to wear at our grandson's wedding and has no other place appropriate to wear it. I'd wear it except she wears a larger size than I do. Just my luck. That falls in the same category as FABs not wanting to wear dresses, pantyhose, girdles and high heels. I'd love to be able to wear them all the time but most of them says they are uncomfortable, they are hot or some other reason. Go figure!

You're in luck Vivian. U can have your wife easily pin that wedding dress around u for a photo session! ( If she doesn't mind u wearing it). After all, there r few places CDs can wear wedding dresses to either! :heehee:

Di
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Last evening I was walking my dog in the park. I ran into a group of friends many of them were women. I was listening to a conversation between two of the women. I found this quite amusing.
One of the ladies was explaining that she had to buy a dress for her child wedding. She said that it was a waste of money because she would never wear the dress again.
I had to laugh to myself, thinking that if I were her I would always be in dresses!
Doesn't that just drive you nuts?

This post drives me nuts...sorry kidding:heehee:
She is talking about a mother of the bride dress ( childs wedding) ...and Esp for a big wedding they can be very expensive so I can relate...so yes I get you want to be in dresses but going out and about in this type of dress ...you would just look ridicious...so her comment a waste of money cause she prob will not wear it much makes sense.
And lets not have a thread about women do not wear dresses ect...I am a GG and wear dresses and skirts 80 percent of the time. To each their own!

Karren H
10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Doesn't drive me crazy at all.. If I had to buy something, anything I would only wear once I'd be pissed too!!

Hmmmmm. Maybe some enterprising crossdresser could set up a "rent a dress" company..... where they would rent out formal dresses to one time users.. And then when not in use, she could have them all to herself. (Until the next weekend!!). Yeah!! The worlds bigest closet and an income source to boot!! Lol.

Karren's Frocks For Hire - Since we like to dress up too..... you save money!!