PDA

View Full Version : Went out at the outdoor mall

BethCD
10-15-2008, 01:04 PM
Dang youse guys...Not that I was content by staying in the house...but upon seeing all of your outings and help and support here, I've been venturing out more and more.
A while back I wandered around the minimall at night then bought gas. No big deal really. Just a baby step.
Recently I took the mail from my girl mail carrier as she came to the door while wearing a skirt, top, and sandals. Again just a baby step.
Today I decided to go to the mall which is several groupings of stores ( about 12 per "block" ). I parked at one end and walked past all the stores and purposely didn't hurry to avoid people. While we didn't speak ( that would out me fast) many looked at me and smiled and I seemed to either pass or "they didn't care". I walked about 3/4 mile and went to the next similar mall walking the same distance. Saw a Target store and went inside, glanced at the ad papers on the wall and had to go inside in order to leave. Considered shopping but again my voice and my almost passing status told me to get out.
All in all it was a great trip. All these baby steps are starting to add up to some mileage. Damn it feels great!!!
I thank all of you for getting me to this point.

Love, Beth :D:D:hugs:

Kristen Marie
10-15-2008, 06:04 PM
That is so exciting! And once you get out, you say, wow, they looked at me and didn't care. You can go out your own business and enjoy the time! I have a few shops that know me in both guy and girl mode, and it's sooo much fun to go there.

Can't wait to hear your next adventure!!!

BethCD
10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Kristen, Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping to be where you're at soon.

Beth

Gisele
10-15-2008, 06:37 PM
You are on the right track girl. Baby steps was how it was done with my first time out.

All my best, Beth:)

Lori SC
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
You're on your way Beth! Those first tentative steps are actually the hardest. Soon you'll think nothing of being out in public :eek: (well, almost nothing)

Most of us followed the same path as you - I know I did - except I stopped at K-Mart :battingeyelashes:

Higz, Lori

Shannen
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
:D What fun!!!

Let us know what you buy next time!

:hugs:

joann07
10-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Way to go Beth! :)
You're well on your way.
I'm glad that our stories have inspired you go get out and enjoy life as a woman.
The more you do it the easier it gets.
Keep sharing those success stories!
We need more girls like you to inspire others.

Hugs!

Denise01
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
you are on your way Beth and Congratulations.

As you and the other girls have said, baby steps, will grow to the point where you will be comfortable going out as Beth, and shopping as well.

Know the first time i was out was like a scared cat. Was with another Trans girl i know. As soon as i realized that no one was staring at me, and we were accepted as any other 2 ladies out for a day of shopping , i calmed right down.

That was about 4 or 5 years ago. I am to the point now that i will go out shopping or for supper as Denise, and feel very comfortable doing so.

To-night i had to get out of the house for a while as it was raining all day. Went out shopping for a while then went out for supper. I was treated like any other lady out, and from what i could seen never got as much as a sideways glance that i was other than a lady out shopping

Keep up the good work

Denise

:):):)