PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about something

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
For a very long time I have throught I wanted to be a woman and having been living nearly full time for a few years I really do feel like a woman. But it occoured to me that even though I look and feel like a woman I will never BE a woman--at least in the biological sense. However, since I am pretty happy right now maybe it is wonderful to be at peace being transgendered. I know this may not apply to my sisters who are truly gender dysphoric but for many of us it's a wonderlful in living in this world of the third gender. I view it as a satisfying and positive experience known to only a small percenage of the general population. I am wondering how many sisters out there share these thoughts.

mykhelee
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
I am one of those quite happy with being a genetic male, I admit I would never drab if I could get away with it. I do not feel like I am a woman trapped in a man's body...I am a man trapped by a good sense of fashion and the good sense to use it.

Nadia-Maria
10-16-2008, 02:23 PM
I am happy too being transgendered and it seems that quite many of our sisters are.

Kisses

Nadia

Denise01
10-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Sasha"

Good to read your post.

Understand fully what you mean, and I too, have had the feeling for years that I would like to be a woman, or shall I say, " Should have been born a Woman"

As life goes on, I feel much more comfortable as Denise, if not more so, and also much more relaxed when i am in my female mode.

I am hoping that one day, I will be able to fully transition, however for me that could well be 2 or 3 years coming.

Denise:):):)

TGMarla
10-16-2008, 04:43 PM
I still think every day that I should have been female instead. And I'm glad, on one level, that I have the experience of being transgendered so that I can better experience the feminine aspects of life. But I could do without all the other baggage that comes along with it, the scorn, the hiding, the prejudice, and the divided feelings of being torn right down the middle as far as my gender identification goes.

Nicki B
10-16-2008, 04:51 PM
..even though I look and feel like a woman I will never BE a woman--at least in the biological sense.

So - what defines a woman? Aren't those with AIS (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome) entitled to call themselves women? :sad:

Why not just be comfortable to feel like yourself - you'll find that works for most men and women, who don't know how to define it, either.. ;)

Ruth
10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
One of the things you have to do to get along comfortably in this life is to accept those things that can't be changed: and if you are born an XY male then that's what you will always be, so no, we'll never be biological women. Gender reassignment surgery has no effect on this.
But we can try to be as feminine as we can, as often as we want, and achieve a kind of peace and balance through this.
I like having both sides, and would not go full time or have surgery even if it became a practical option for me.