PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of bullies!!!!

Felix
10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
This is a subject close to my heart having been bullied during my school days and as an adult in the work place!!

Today brought the subject of bullying and being bullied right into the fore again as it quite often does during the school day!! One pupil who has been he victim of bullying quite regularly and who I have looked after and defended because of such dscusting treatment yet again on his journey to school was bullied. The issue was brought up in circle time and I don't think there was one person in the room including staff who had not been a victim of bullying some time in their lives. I am talking here of both physical and verbal bullying. An interesting point was made that when one has been a victim of constant bullying it becomes internalized and then the bullied one becomes the bully. Then everybody was asked if they had ever bullied anyone. In all truth I could not put my hand up!! Jez I wish I could have because straight away I was attacked by the teacher , I may add is one of the worse bullies I have come accross!! In front of the whole group, children and staff he confronted me and said,'You honestly can say you have never bullied anyone, ' I was like no I haven't and he confronted me a second time and said, 'Are you telling me you have never bullied anyone in your entire life?' 'I stayed calm and looked him straight in the eye and said 'Yes in all truth I have never bullied anyone!!!!' He then said, 'Have you ever been bullied?' I said calmly looking into his eyes, 'YES I HAVE'. Finally he realized I was telling him the truth and he said, 'I am sorry'. Omg that was so awful and right infront of everybody I felt so anxious and had to hide the whole thing it was bloody difficult I can tell ya!!! I must give him credit though coz he did admit he was wrong and he did appologize and in my book that was great!! But he should never have gone down that route in the first place coz I felt like he stripped me down infront of everyone I would never do that to anyone it is so destructive In a way I felt good because I stood upto a bully in a positively assertive way and proved to myself that I can.
Funny enough another colleague and friend had said to me that morning that she had noticed a big change in me since I had come out and that was that instead of being frightened to say what I think I now say what I think and don't worry about what others might think, I just say it especially if I think there is an injustice being done. Lol I guess she is right coz when I think about it I am doing that. Well I said that it was time to put my passive self to rest, compromize is still paramount as that is part of my diplomatic nature but I will not be treated like I have been in the past and now I am begining to realize that I am capable of standing up for myself in the way I have always wanted to before and never did. So thanx Felix coz its down to you my friend, my inner self coming out

Me, Myself and Felix!!! What a team xx

Shelly Preston
10-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Glad to hear you are getting through this Felix :) and not having too much trouble

Lisa Golightly
10-16-2008, 02:52 PM
You're one lovely guy Felix, and yay for you for standing up for the truth. *hugs* :)

Felix
10-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanx Shelly and Lisa one does ones best I guess with the situations one is delt with I'll keep ya upto date xx Felix :)

Sarah...
10-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Funny enough another colleague and friend had said to me that morning that she had noticed a big change in me since I had come out and that was that instead of being frightened to say what I think I now say what I think and don't worry about what others might think, I just say it especially if I think there is an injustice being done. Lol I guess she is right coz when I think about it I am doing that. Well I said that it was time to put my passive self to rest, compromize is still paramount as that is part of my diplomatic nature but I will not be treated like I have been in the past and now I am begining to realize that I am capable of standing up for myself in the way I have always wanted to before and never did. So thanx Felix coz its down to you my friend, my inner self coming out

Hmmm. I was bullied relentlessly at school - always based on challenging my apparent gender.

Anyway, that's not the point of my reply. Five minutes ago I finished a reply to a different post elsewhere that effectively said the same thing as you are saying in the text I've quoted above. Spooky!

So, yes, I'm right there with you. For my own life experience things are changing very much for the better.

Let's hear it for accepting who you are and getting on with enjoying life and all the challenges it throws at us!

Sarah...

Wendy me
10-16-2008, 06:16 PM
well done.............don't you just feel good?????????????...............

ZenFrost
10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Bullying hits close to me too, I'm glad you're standing up for yourself more now. :hugs:

Nicole Erin
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
You should have made a mockery of it.
Started laughing and said "You sure? Really? positive?" You know just to make the class laugh at that craptard.

Felix
10-17-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi Sarah and yeah I hear what ya saying bullying sucks and contrary to belief some go the opposite way and never bully because it has left a mark on their souls that will never be removed and they don't bully they defend the weak!!! Bullying makes me wanna puke and I will always defend people who are being bullied!! The funny thing is in school I find myself defending those who are being bullied and at timesI end up defending the bullies who are being bullied themselves but I do remind them that I won't always be around and that heya others the way they wish to be treated themselves. It's a strange situation lol!! I'm glad your life experience is changing for the better hun :)

Hi Wendy and yeah I do feel good after that and hopefully I'll be able to continue in the same vain :)

Hi Zen and Thanx my friend :)

Hi Erin, Iused to make a joke out of a lot of situations like that but something has really changed in me recently and I feel there are more changes to come.Maybe I will still use that aproach on occasions who knows but yesterday it sure felt good xx Felix :)

Sheila
10-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Well done Felix :hugs: &:love:

mylitta
10-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Coming out as your real self seems to have enabled you to access your inner strength. You are obviously a great asset to your school.
And well done for putting the teacher right- he was well out of line to have a go at you like that.

Felix
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Mylitta and thanx Hun:) This teacher I don't think will ever call me Felix or be respectful of my needs. I told his wife a couple of weeks ago and she is still calling me miss. I'm finding it a little easier on some fronts but the dysphoria does cause big problems for me :( I will be going to see a surgeon next week about my gall bladder and I'm already feeling dysphoric about that :( Oh well I'll cope guess I have to xx Felix

battybattybats
10-17-2008, 12:01 PM
There are some really great points made in this very important discussion.

Great work Felix, especially in providing that practical lesson when that person decided to bully you in the middle of a discussion about bullying!

Its so important in defeating bullying and other injustice for everyone to learn and realise what you understand, that everyone has a responsibility to stamp out injustice and to defend others from bullying.

Once the bystanders stop gawking or hiding their heads in the sand and instead step forward the bullies lose their power.

Felix
10-18-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi BattybattyBats and thanx Hun it's so refreshing to be appreciated for something positive that you are doing in your life :) I will cotinue in this vane as far a possible and will refuse to take any negative crap from anyone as in the past I have been foolish and let people strip me of all my confidence, self worth and pride!!! I am not gonna cower away any longer and I am not gonna let anyone walk all over me. I will say my piece no matter what others think and if peeps don't like it, it's there problem now not mine!!!! This how I really feel no frills, no bullshit!!! It's about time after 42 years of put downs that I stood up for what I believe to be true!!!! I WILL NOT BE BULLIED ANYMORE BY ANYONE!!!!!!! xx Felix