PDA

View Full Version : Dress up time!

pickles
10-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi. I want to start crossdressing but I have absolutely NO idea what kind of clothes would look good on me or what I should work on first. I have a hard enough time with guy clothes :heehee: I went to a friend's house and had them take pictures of me so I could post them here and you all could make suggestions?

Would it be OK to post them? It's me in my undies...didn't want to break any rules on my first post.

marny
10-16-2008, 11:12 PM
you're joking right!

pickles
10-16-2008, 11:15 PM
No, sorry, did I just commit huge faux paux?

Raquel June
10-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Beware PMs from people volunteering to look at pictures of you in your undies!

Anastacia_Sandria
10-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I think it boils down to; what do you WANT to wear?
Look around at girls in your area. What are they wearing, and what of that do you like? Go to online stores, or if you feel daring brows the ladies section of your local Macy's or Target...or their equivalent. See what kind of clothing you like, then start narrowing it down. Our clothing is one of the ultimate ways of expressing ourselves, so above all go with what YOU like. Good luck!

pickles
10-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Sorry, I didn't realise that came off so voyeristic. Maybe we should have took some regular pictures...

've done the kinky sissy type crossdressing before in a previous relationship but I want to start doing the more "normal" kind with regular women's clothes, panties etc.

I guess you're right about wearing what you want but well, I want to look good. I'm really horrible at picking out clothes and I've non-chalantly browsed the women's sections at stores before and I just have no idea. Honestly I was hoping you all could give me a lookover and make suggestions, perhaps pictures of me in boxers was going a bit too far but anyway...

Ballerina
10-17-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm stuck in somewhat of the same situation. I've just gotten out of the denial stages of dressing and want to dress. I haven't gotten anything, but I know that I want to wear my fantasy outfit first. Maybe that is a start that you can choose, too?

mykhelee
10-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Goodwill and Salvation Army and other places like them are the way to go. You can take "anything" you want into the dressing room you wish and they usually have a full length mirror. Wear you foundation garments if you wish. I find it best to go in the late fall and early winter. All those lovely ladies getting rid of the old to make way for the new. Besides, my rack doesn't show under my coat. If you don't wear your foundation make sure to take the extra room you will need into account.
The most important thing is to wear what you are comfortable in.:2c:

Sandra
10-17-2008, 06:53 AM
See we have a thing here called rules/faqs it's at the top of the page, now if you'd care to take a look at that you will see what is and is not allowed here. :rolleyes:

There I've made it easy for you look here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_photography)

pickles
10-17-2008, 07:12 AM
The following photos or video clips are not permitted anywhere on this forum: Genitalia, bare buttocks, crotch shots, and bulges/erections, this also includes external links to other websites. Any posted WILL be deleted. Lingerie photos or video clips are only to be posted if they are modest. Any photos or video clips judged by the staff to be unsuitable for any reason will be removed. Anyone with questions should feel free to PM any one of the Administrators and/or Moderators with them.

Well, these should be fine then. Sorry I didn't see that...

LisaElizabeth
10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Pickles....
To answer your question. Get someone to take your 'girl' measurements, you could do that yourself, but someone else can be a little more accurate.
Then just look up your sizes at somewhere like www.jcp.com and now you at least know what section of the store to look in.
Everyone starts somewhere..... you will need a bra, panties, pantyhose, shoes, skirt, top, wig and makeup. The wig and makeup are probably the hardest, since they both need to be matched to you. I'm certain you have seen girls that are currently blonde and you think...Ghod!! That is terrible looking on her!!! You don't want to make that mistake, so for your first wig, I would suggest you stay close to your natural hair color.
The style you will have to decide but bangs and a 'layered' look really helps frame your face and soften your features.
Makeup.... just pick a manufacturer and go to their website. They have all types of help for you to decide what tone skin you have and what colors will work best for you. Don't be surprised if you have the wrong color foundation on your first try. I have 3 shades that I move between depending on the time of year and how tan I am.
That should get you started!!
Post any more questiohs, but the pics would be better if you had an outfit on, it would be easier to critique!!
Lisa E
P.S. You can critique my outfit if you like!!!

pickles
10-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Ok cool...what did you mean by "girly" measurements? Are those ones taking into acount additional breast and hip volume from padding? My friend took plain ones awhile ago of me. Oh and thanks for the helpfull post, but it says the page is restricted when I try to go to your profile.

Sandra
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
but it says the page is restricted when I try to go to your profile.

read this (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=answered#faq_no_perms) and it might be helpfull if you took the time to have a quick look at all the rules here.

Angie G
10-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Pickles you will be wearing what you buy so get what catches you eye. You'll do fine.:hugs:
Angie

Carly D.
10-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Pickles you will be wearing what you buy so get what catches you eye. You'll do fine.:hugs:
Angie

It's really this simple.. umm.. buy what you want, how you feel.. don't buy a lot of the same things (i.e. pantyhose, tights, panties,) the reason being they might not fit or be what you thought they were.. the best way to start on pantyhose or tights is to go get a size chart from google and cross reference your size there.. you might fall in a duo size where two sizes could work.. that's when you just try one then try the other.. but in the case of clothing whatever style you think might work.. but just remember, you're not actually a woman and the clothes won't fit the way you think it will..

pickles
10-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Do you all recommend one type of nair over the other? I went to their website and they have like a million different kinds for women and this spray-on kind for guys that looks the simplest...are they all really the same?

luvSophia
10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I second the thrift store suggestion. Get an idea of what size you are close to from size charts on the internet and then go to town! Myself, I wouldn't worry about taking forms and padding with you at first. If you try on a dress and the shoulders and waist fit then, unless you're planning on sporting a pair of double D's, the chest/breast will probably be okay for starter clothes. Pants/jeans and skirts just worry about waist size and length. If the thrift store has a fitting room you're all set. If not, well you're not going to be out much money and you can always donate it back.

Jennifer James
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I absolutely want to dress up I didn't decide when I was 12 to dress it was just burning desire so i tried on sisters clothes and totally fell in love as of right now and been doing it for 15 years :):daydreaming:

Karren H
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Even if it were allowed.. Recomending types of clothing based on a photo is just to diffucult and you'll get 100 different answers.. What I'd do if I were starting out is go to say Kohls and just start trying things on.. Look in the dressing room mirror.. Take your camera along and take a few shots.. With the flash off!! Lol. And then come back and post the photos.. They let you try the stuff on for free and it beats buying online and guessing wrong...

If your bashful.. Select some skirts and dresses and go over to the mens dressing room.. No one cares what you try on or buy.. And above all.. Have fun with it!! Its what crossdressing should be!! :)

pickles
10-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah I went and browsed size charts today and I'm a 12-14 or L on tops and anywhere from a 2XL to a 4XL on bottoms (is there a different system for pants than panties, I've seen 36" correspond to both 9 and 20 on charts.)

I was wondering about hight though, I'm 5'11", but my wrist to shoulder is just 25" and my inseam is 33". Would I just need tall in pants?

Karren H
10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
I was wondering about hight though, I'm 5'11", but my wrist to shoulder is just 25" and my inseam is 33". Would I just need tall in pants?

There's an easy way to solve any pant length problems you may have going forward... Buy only skirts and dresses!! Has always worked for me for the last 49+ years!!! Hahaha

Vicki65
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I dunno what looks good on you but was told today by my wife that the gorgeous denim dress I won this morning on eBay is too frumpy for me :sad:

Jennifer Brooks
10-17-2008, 06:08 PM
My suggestion is this. First, what do you like when you see GG's? Take a look at them and how they dress and try to duplicate what you like on them. Take a look and magazines and things like this for help on seeing what is in and how it looks. I did the magazine thing when deciding how to use makeup and what each model had. I also seen what women looked like in clothes that I thought were hot and used them in my own wardrobe. It's still a work in progress, but I have my own style or a style that I see that is good. And if it's good for the everyday GG, then it's good enough for Jennifer Brooks. Just my 2 cents.:)

Carly D.
10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah I went and browsed size charts today and I'm a 12-14 or L on tops and anywhere from a 2XL to a 4XL on bottoms (is there a different system for pants than panties, I've seen 36" correspond to both 9 and 20 on charts.)

What can I say?? how can I help you.. well let me just say this.. it won't fit.. sorry it's just that simple.. I've had so many expectations when buying the "it" clothing, getting it home and finding out that it really isn't close to what I wanted.. lower my expectations and even then it wasn't what I wanted.. measure myself from head to toe?? I never did that.. I guessed every time I bought anything.. the dress was a gigantic guess by way of deciding I was a big guy and that translated into buying big (BIG) girl (GAL) dresses.. the idea that I could wear a small size.. dare to dream.. anyway long story short, be prepared for disappointment when buying your clothes.. an idea might be to go to a second hand shop and try to buy different sizes there and then find what fits you and then if you want new clothing go to a store and buy your size off the rack.. good luck..

Sam44
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
In my experience most thrift stores don't even have anyone manning the (unisex) fitting rooms. For that matter most stores I frequent (Target, Penney's, Sears, Macy's, Walmart, Ross, Nordstrom...) usually have some fitting rooms with no one "on guard". Even when there is someone watching the fitting rooms, I've never gotten a second glance when I show up with women's clothing. At Victoria's Secret, Lane Bryant, etc. which are essentially women's only stores the sales people are happy for customers and have always been happy to get me a fitting room even tho I'm obviously a guy.

Even tho I can't quite bring myself to do it, my wife has no qualms about buying something and returning a day or two later if it doesn't fit.

I only say all of this to point out that there are plenty of ways of finding out what fits without raising eyebrows or even talking to anyone if that worries you.

As to panties since it's not cool to try them on directly I started by buying various brands on sale or at discount stores like Ross till I found what sizes of what styles were most comfortable.

Also FWIW sales associates at stores are usually more than happy to assist you in selecting things that look good on you and many even make it a project to bring you things that you might not even have noticed. (Most learned a long time ago that CDers often spend a lot more per visit than other customers :) )