PDA

View Full Version : Eek! Told my brother

JenniferR771
10-17-2008, 05:56 PM
It was hard to blurt it out. He was startled. He is age 60. And never would have guessed. Shocked. And asked how long this had been going on? Said, "It is, what it is." Said he would not tell his wife. I wanted to tell someone. My wife knows, but strongly disapproves. She would not be happy if I told anyone.
Anyone told their brother? Sister?

Annaliese
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
No but I think they know.

joann426
10-17-2008, 06:04 PM
yes i have told every one in my family even my mother but they still love me the same

Janetmichelle
10-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah I told my sister a couple years ago and then right after that she came out to me that she was a lesbian. eek! Can't say I didn't expect to hear that at some point but she kinda caught me off guard. But I love her and she loves me and everything is just peachy.

TSchapes
10-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I've told my brother, his wife and daughter. Not their son as he is kinda a macho type and probably wouldn't get it.

My brother-in-law and his family, no. They are JW's and they don't talk to us much now, they would probably cut us off for good!

Both parents knew long ago, and now they are gone...

-Tracy

sandra-leigh
10-17-2008, 06:49 PM
I know that I could tell my sister: she did a practicum on counseling parents of inter-sex infants, and about a month ago she mentioned to me about a homeless transgendered (MTF) person she had talked to for a while at her job -- someone kicked out of their home at age 13 because they were TG :Angry3:. My sister probably knows more about front-line transgendered issues than I do -- I've never run into more than small trouble, easily dealt with.

But I have not told my sister because she has a lot of trouble in her personal life these days, and she doesn't need the extra emotional burden. I know her, and I know that just from my telling her, she would spend a bunch of time researching the issues and thinking about the situation, conceptualizing and theorizing -- not from any sense of doubt or rejection of me, just because that's the way that she deals with all serious issues. But she needs to spend her time and energies now on herself, not on processing cross-dressing theory. I would never hide it from her, but this just isn't a good time to introduce it to her. For now it is enough for me to know that she would surely accept if she did know.

mellinda
10-17-2008, 07:00 PM
my brother is so straight and rigid he would probably never speak to me again.
any disscussion outside of sports is impossible with him.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-17-2008, 07:55 PM
I would definitely be afraid to tell my brother about my crossdressing. He is straight as an arrow and if I told him, he'd be shocked and probably disown me. Hard to say, but I would not want to find out.

I have told my children, my daughter and son. They both accepted me said that they knew for many years, just not how extensive it was. Never know maybe someday as I become more comfortable with other people I will tell him. :battingeyelashes:

Holly
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes I have. I called him one day and asked him if he ever wondered what it would be like to have a sister. Once I said that, he pretty much had it figured out. We're still good.

Phyliss
10-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I told my sister before I told my wife. When I had "the talk" with my wife I said that she was the first to know. Didn't want to upset her anymore than she already was. After about 8 months of her "knowing" I let it out that I had a "talk" with my sis and now she knows. Funny thing, while both of them KNOW neither of them speaks to each other about " the pink elephant " in the room.
as for saying something to my brother, .... well, er, ... no I haven't and have no intention of saying anything. He's not much more than a Neanderthal when it comes to some subjects. Even though he has a PHD and is quite educated and actually a likeable guy. There are some things that he's TOTALLY against. Any hint of less then "manliness" is a sign of weakness and "doesn't happen in OUR family" Funny that over the last few years when I've visited him at his house or we've gotten together for a family occasion he hasn't noticed my "backward buttoning shirts" or my longer than usual nails. Believe me if he did notice he would say something.
Just not ready to have to deal with it.

Nicole Erin
10-17-2008, 08:54 PM
My big sister and I talked about it. I think she is a bit weirded out but all is cool anyways. We get along so well anyways. My big brother knows but we don't talk about it.

My brother-in-law and his family, no. They are JW's and they don't talk to us much now, they would probably cut us off for good!

That would be motivation to tell them ;)
And what is JW?

docrobbysherry
10-17-2008, 09:04 PM
However, after a year here, I felt I MUST tell somebody! My old college girlfriend was the "lucky" winner! Told her via email 2 weeks ago.

I sent her some pics the other day. She thot they were of my "dates", and that I sent them to her by mistake!:eek:

(She's more rite than she knows! But I'm not discussing THAT with her!):o

And what is JW?

His last name is Wurzelbacher. JW!:devil:

Rachel Morley
10-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I would never tell my brother .... and if you knew my brother you wouldn't tell him either. :sad:

Angie G
10-17-2008, 11:14 PM
No I don't have any.:hugs:
Angie

Tracii G
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I have 3 older brothers 2 are arrows 1 is gay and I'm me.Tell them? I don't see the need to.

marny
10-17-2008, 11:36 PM
one daughter knows. will tell the other two sometime soon. Maybe their mother has already told them. Oh well! soon! My wife is out of town tonight and I am dressesd to the nines. Feels great!

Sophia de la luz
10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Not yet. My brother -in -law was visiting a few weeks back. He noticed I was dressed in skirt. My wife's father was an in-the-closet crossdresser... probably still is. So, he took it in stride, taking cues from my wife who is fine with it.
My dad experimented with crossdressing when the kids were young. It really freaked by mom out. Still does, even though he's been dead for nearly 10 years. She's coming to visit this Monday. I haven't decided what to wear yet. I spend all my time at home en femme these days. So, we'll see.

Samantha Kelsey
10-18-2008, 01:14 AM
About four years back I told my older sister and brother and my younger sister. I was 54 then. I think they all had a good idea as they must have noticed something since I was about 8 years old.

My older sister listened but initially thought it was just a sexual thing and that it would pass. When she later realized it wasn't she was okay with it but she doesn't want to see me as Samantha.

My older brother was okay with it and has seen Samantha several times and even cuddled her and gave a goodnight cheek peck. He told me that it was a shame I didn't come out fully 10 years earlier.

My younger sister was okay and possibly the most interested. I remember talking to her for about a couple of hours in the market near where I used to live. My other sister had already told her but she was fascinated.

When both my sisters came to visit me a year later it was clear that my older sister didn't want to see Sam so they didn't except for one morning when they saw a glimpse of part Sam. The evening before I had gone to my girlfriends house as Sam to stay for the night and they were both sat around the pool with a drink. I simply shouted that I was leaving so they didn't see me.

On my return I had on a pair of Sam's jeans and a male T shirt. I had removed my make up but had forgotten my shoes so I still had on my strappy HH's which showed my coloured toes. They saw me as I walked in and both commented on how nice I looked. Later my younger sister told my GF she wished she'd seen me (Samantha).

Joni Beauman
10-18-2008, 01:24 AM
In some circumstances, the less known the better. For me, I find that to be true for all circumstances. Joni

Angela-Russell
10-18-2008, 02:25 AM
I came very close to telling my brother a few years ago, but thought better of it & kept it to myself. There's only my wife who knows about me (I think!).

NatalieBliss
10-18-2008, 03:06 AM
I went through a similar "gotta tell someone" time and told my little sister.

Shelly67
10-18-2008, 05:31 AM
No but I think they know.

I,d love to be able to come out to all ........ I think most of my family have an idea anyhow ......

audrey-lynn
10-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Only the wife knows. She accepts it and lets me dress at home and when I go away from our town. However she would have a kitten if anyone around here was to find out especially brothers or sisters of either side.

Alana65
10-18-2008, 07:52 AM
my brother is so straight and rigid he would probably never speak to me again.

Same with my brother. I love him and he loves me, but as close-minded as he is, there's NO WAY I'd ever tell him. I'd tell my father before telling him. My mom is the only one that knows (and is accepting of it :daydreaming:). I :love: my mom !!!!!

Diane Douglas
10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Tell my brother, never. No way would he ever understand let alone accept it.

tommi
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
My oldest brother was looking at pictures on my cellphone when I realized I
hadn't deleted the pictures I had taken of my self fully made up.
My brother has never said a word and that is the way I wish to leave it.
My wife blew up later that evening and threatened me with a divorce.
That was New Years this year I've gone to counciling every couple of weeks since and haven't been fully dressed in over a year.:sad:

Laura_Stephens
10-18-2008, 12:26 PM
My parents have passed away as have all of my siblings except one. He is ex-military -- a full-bird colonel -- and I don't want to jeopardize my friendship with him, so no one -- outside of my wife -- knows.

chrystie
10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
I didn't have to tell any of my family or friends since I have been dressing 24/7 for
about 5 years.I got the usual"are you gay or what?" questions.I told them I wasn't but they could beleive whatever they wanted.They are mostly cool with it.My parents thought it was something they did or didn't do.For the most part they follow my wifes lead.
Life is to short not to enjoy the little things,lingerie and bubble baths.

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-18-2008, 03:14 PM
i dont have to tell anyone,,they already know..after 33 yrs of wearing pantyhose im sure they had to have figured it out by now,,,besides i dont hide that im wearing pantyhose around anyone,,,

only live once,,live YOUR life the way YOU want to live it,,if anyone cant deal with that then its THEIR problem NOT yours...:2c:

my sis and i chat all the time,( it was her pantyhose i started with),,my brother and i dont speak to each other,,we never got along as kids and it just stayd that way....

marny
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
My wife has three sisters coming to visit for a month next summer. I think they will be suprised when they find out I'm one of the girls. Can't hide anymore.

Sandygal
10-18-2008, 10:49 PM
A very interesting topic. My brother who is married approched me and told me he was gay and that his wife always knew. They were married for 20 years with two kids. I then told him about myself being a crossdresser. This goes back about five years. like many of us who start coming out, we go to fast because its such a relief. He went the whole gay route and his wife left him. He loves his new freedom,but still crys about losing his wife,who he still loves. I came out to my wife ,but I still hide it. I have to much fear of losing the one person I have given my heart to for 30 plus years.Do I dream of dressing in front of her and being happy ever after? Yes, but unlike my brother, I have been taking my cding forward at a slowwwww crawl.

mykhelee
10-18-2008, 11:51 PM
My brothers are macho manly men, homo and anything else bashers, my sister is a self-righteous super bible thumper, hypocrite besides. Haven't spoken to any of them since ma passed. My sister thinks I am a bad influence because I have long hair and an earing. She knows I wore pantyhose in high school. My daughters told me they already knew when I finally came out to them as adults. Three are very accepting and help out with make up and clothes, one seldom calls anymore.

Sam44
10-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I don't even remember when I told one of my brothers. Like being with my wife it seems like it's always been this way (in a good way :) )

I told my other brother a little later and he seemed more bemused that I felt a need to tell him than anything. I'm pretty sure my whole family had guessed since I'd been underdressing for a while anyway and at times had also had breast enhancers in my bra when I got hugged.