PDA

View Full Version : And I Thought Being TG Was Tough

Julie
05-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I went to Escapades tonight. Mostly because I was so bummed I looked like $h!t yesterday and I needed to end the weekend on a high note.

I have developed a friendship with a GG named Laura. She has a great heart and is one of those rock solid friends you rarely run into. Laura is always tough on the exterior but I felt there was a softer person inside. About five or six weeks ago we were talking and she breaks down crying. She pours her heart out to me. I did my best to be a true friend and to comfort her. We didn't see each other until last week. I asked her how things are going. That's when she told me how much it meant to her someone cared. From that point we became close friends.

I saw her last night when I looked like crap but she was totally complimentary. Of course I didn't believe a word.

Today (Sunday) I planned my outing to make up for the crappy one on Saturday. I had bought sandals several months ago but they were totally summery. I had forgotten about them. I bought this skirt (not skort) that was also summery several months later. So when I dug out the skirt I was wondering what shoes I would wear. Then I found the sandals. They were perfect! I don't think a top designer could have matched them better.

Now I'm pumped! Then my wife and son come home. I'm thinking I might have to abandon my outing but I hang in there. 10:30 PM rolls around and the house is totally dark. All are in bed.

I had already shaved so all I had to do was put on my makeup and clothes. Once ready I picked up my camera (haven't done that in a while) and headed out the door. I called Jacki on the way and told her I would be at Escapades DRESSED! if she wanted to meet me.

I got there and it was pretty empty but Laura was there and Nick was bartending. I started taking pictures immediately. I think I took over a hundred pictures. It was like everywhere I turned there was a photo-op. Maybe it's the Tiki decoration that Keith and Ken did but they all seemed to turn out great! It was so much fun taking pictures rather than just sitting there drinking. I really missed that. Now I've been rejuvinated.

So getting back to Laura. We talked until 6AM. In that time I learned a lot about all she's been through. I can't even begin to tell you the hell she has survived but she keeps on going. Not to say she is invincible but I gained so much respect for her tonight after learning all she's gone through, skin grafts, crushed skull, I won't go any further. But what was most special was she now looks at me as a close friend. And I look at her as my hero.

When everyone has moved out I wanted to have a party but the settlement costs left me pretty much broke. Laura suggested a B&B party - bottle and bowl. I like it! So around the middle of the month I'm gonna do it and Laura will man (or should I say woman) the grill. It should be fun!

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/5-05/tiki1.jpg https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/5-05/nick.jpg
https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/5-05/jules1.jpghttps://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/5-05/julie_laura.jpg

Wendy me
05-30-2005, 08:11 AM
julie just so nice to see you here and posting ...good to see your also enjoying being you ............

huge wendy hugs....

Tristen Cox
05-30-2005, 08:57 AM
Very cool! You're looking just as good as ever Julie :kewlpics:

Stlalice
05-30-2005, 09:26 AM
You are lucky indeed to have a friend that understands you and is willing to be there to support you when you need it. One of the things that has made transistion posible for me has been a small circle of women friends that I can talk to and share with when one of us is down or needs help. Hopefully you will find more friends like her as you go along. :) :)

Kimberly
05-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a great night, hun. I'm pleased for you :)

hugs xx

Rachel_740
05-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Julie,

Can I come to your B & B party as well - could do with a really good night out and it's only a short rowing boat trip across the river :rolleyes:

Anne

Di
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Great pics.....so glad you got to go out after all...and a new friend to boot, it,s always nice to have someone in your corner.

ps the skirt, top and sandals really worked together