PDA

View Full Version : Over the top fashion-sense

jenni_xx
10-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Ok, come on girls. Expressing our femininty in whichever way we can is a big thing for all of us. This can lead to an exaggerated expression - i.e. wearing much longer fingernails than we ever see a GG wear; wearing bigger earrings, higher heels, etc etc.

So what is it about your appearance that you know is so over the top but you love anyway?

For me, it's earrings. I've just bought a pair of silver hoops, 4.5 inches in diameter. They are massive, and I've never seen a girl wearing bigger hoops, but I just love em and can't stop wearing them. Even when I'm out in drab. Sure, it results in some funny looks, but I'm past caring about that (especially so after seeing another guy wearing dangly earrings out in public (wrote a thread about that here). And on the plus side, I've had a few girls actually stop and ask me where I got them from so that they could buy some of their own:D

(You have to love that - when a GG asks your advice about how or where to get certain things.)

Diane Smith
10-18-2008, 11:05 PM
In this day and age, just wearing a skirt and hose instead of pants already puts me in a small minority of women and could be considered "over the top" in some venues. I try to dress to look feminine, fashionable and pretty, so in general I am at the rather girly end of "fitting in" at the mall or in line at the movie theatre. This in itself gets me a certain amount of attention, both wanted and, at times, unwanted.

But there are a few things I love that I just can't give up, even though they're outside the norm for most GGs:

- I keep my nails very long (about 3/4" past the fingertips) and always polished in a bold color;

- I wear lots of earrings (17 in each ear, no huge ones, just many small, matching ones) and a few other piercings;

- When in any group of women, I'm usually the one wearing the highest and spikiest heels.

These are kind of my femme "trademarks" and I would hate to give them up, even though I realize they probably draw attention and make me less "passable." They are also the things most likely to draw compliments from others, though, which helps me believe I might be doing something right!

- Diane

docrobbysherry
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Rediculous! I've never seen or heard of anyone doing that!:eek:

mykhelee
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
My over the top issue is all of my clothes are on the ultra fem classy side, My avatar pic is a good look at what I like. I don't have anything trashy or very clubby. Smoe of my shoes are a wee bit over, but not much. I am not into the super frilly petticoat maid style, just very feminine. Thank goodness for thrift stores.

Katrina
10-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I wear lots of earrings (17 in each ear, no huge ones, just many small, matching ones) and a few other piercings

OMG! How do you fit that many in your ears??? I think the most I've ever seen is maybe 8 or 10 in one ear.

Karren H
10-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't really try to out fem women or go over the top.. Yeah I may burn for eternity in purgtory for the Nun costume... Lol. But unless its for a makeup competition (I can get carried away with feathers and I'm in third place in the Pink like cotton candy contest!! Hahaha) I really try real hard to hit tha Jane average look.....

Maria2222
10-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I guess it would be short skirts for me, but then again, I don't go out dressed.

Annie D
10-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I really have to fight with myself to not wear a short skirt every time I go out. I rarely dress to the nines and just go out in casual enfemme mode but also find it very difficult to not wear open toed shoes/sandals to show off my painted toenails. So to be somewhere in the middle, I wear capris/shorts and a colorful feminine top.

I try to go out in public every day and as a result I am becoming more and more comfortable with who I am and how I am dressed. Now I am able to go anywhere I wish with only a tinge of guilt and fear.

Chiana
10-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Actually, much of my stuff is kinda mainstream. But there is the occasional pink wig or petticoats that are so full and fluffy that I touch on both sides when walking through door ways. You wouldn't consider that over the top would you?

Deborah Jane
10-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Err, where to start!!
Short skirts, tight tops, glossy hose, high stilletos, too much makeup, the list goes on :battingeyelashes:

I guess i,m too blonde too :D

Nicole Erin
10-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Probably wearing hose with shorts.
And sometimes my high heel sandals.
So my over the top is flaunting my sexy legs.

If I am in full femme, my look tends to be conservative but pretty. I don't wear plain ol junk. I like things that will make people ask "Where did you get that?" or "that is really pretty!"
However, I don't wear stuff like spandex mini skirts or hoochie shirts. Well not out anyways, that stuff is for my home enjoyment...

tamarav
10-19-2008, 01:19 PM
As I sit here thinking about it, I guess there isn't anything about what I wear that isn't over the top. Shoes, hair , makeup , jewelry, tight ass jeans, the list just goes on. So I fit right in with some of the women I work with....

Angie G
10-19-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't think I've ever done anything over the top hun. I have nothing against I just nevr have. Maybe I need help.:hugs:
Angie

Nikki A.
10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
I guess it's that when I dress I prefer skirts over pants. I mean I wear pants as a guy, why would I wear them dressed. Everything else is pretty much to blend in and dress aptly for the situation.
Also I prefer to hosiery in lieu off bare legs. It is also because my legs have permanent bruises and a little hair.