PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Dress Party. Is it a good excuse???

derminator
05-30-2005, 12:45 PM
Just wondering how many other CD'ers (particularly when still in the closet)... jumped at the chance to publicly cross-dress when invited to a fancy-dress party?????

What was your experience like???
Did anyone question whether you did it for real???
Did you get propositioned by anyone else at the party???

Years ago, when I was 17, I attended a friend's fancy dress party... whata buzz of a night. My mom helped me put my outfit together (she didn't know that I really was a cross-dresser)... although, after she dropped me off at the party, i quickly snuck off to the bathroom to change out of my male underpants and it my favourite panties. Everyone told me that I was queen of the night. Funny thing though.... there was a girl at the party who I had been keen on for ages, and despite previously not being able to get her to reciprocate interest.... it somehow worked this night.... maybe the en femme look is what did it for her????? Who knows?????

Anyway... let's hear about your fancy dress experiences!

Rachel_740
05-30-2005, 01:02 PM
I used a fancy dress do as an excuse when I wanted to start going out.

I had been going out on and off, but I knew by then that eventually I wanted to transition. Last June there was a fancy dress party at a club I am a member. I had my make-up done for me (it was the first time my kids had seen me dressed too, because I had my make-up done at my ex's house), then drove from there to the party. I was terrified, mainly that I may need the bathroom during the drive - it was about 2 hours.

It was great! I had a wonderful evening.

I had a comment a few weeks later from another club member that it was ok to wear fancy dress, but having nail varnish on my toes was going a bit too far - I've only removed that since to redo it!

Anne

Rayna
05-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh wow.. i'd LOVE the opportunity to go to a fancy dress party like that. Sounds fuN!

Samantha Jane
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Many years ago, we got invited out to a vicars and tarts night.
The wife decided vicars were out and asked to me go as a tart for a laugh. Although for a while I played the reluctant type, (as fully in the closet at then), but secretly relishing the thought of going out in public cross-dressed.

Preperation was shopping a few things at the local market ie shoes, blouse and stockings (great trip out and a big buzz at the time). The other items were lent to me by my wife and what a great feeling, being given the wifes panties to wear.

The night of the party my wife and her sister set about doing my make up and fixing my wig (donated by one of her friends). I really took things to the hilt and even had a hand-bag containing make-up, should I need to repair things later on.

I just sat at the table for the first part of the night, whilst plucking up the courage to go to the bar for drinks, instead of the wife going all the time.
On returning from one such trip to the bar, the wife told me that one of the other women had asked her 'who's that miserable women on your table'. That comment made my night, but the look was fear, not misery.

A lot of the other blokes who had gone as tarts had left on items of drab like boots or a shirt, to go along with the skirt they were wearing. I suppose this was a need to still re-enforce their macho image.
As for me, they thought I was weird and had gone OTT on my costume or perhaps in some cases, was it just jealousy on their part?

A brilliant night and one I did not want to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha xx

Kimberly
05-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a PERFECT excuse to me! :D

I'm trying to get a friend (non CD) to go drag with me to a new years party his local pub always hosts. Lots of silly fancy dress going on there - I've just got to remember not to act so feminine! :p

Rikki
05-31-2005, 02:46 AM
That sounds like an exciting way to get out and about. I envey you younger and smaller girls who pass so easy.

Rikki

Serena
05-31-2005, 09:51 PM
I've always wanted to go to a fancy dress party, but never had the opprotunity. Weirdly, my town has never had some sort of fancy dress New Years or anything. I just wish they would.

Rachel Morley
05-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Derminator,

I remember plenty of times when I went to a fancy dress party as a woman. I was not passable but I thought I looked pretty good. Anyway, one of my buddies girlfriends always said that I should go as a woman to almost every part that she had a hand in organizing. It was getting quite a joke that I would go as a woman to each one.

The funny thing is though, at that time I was single, and I had so much attention from GGs it was fantastic, all of them were interested in talking with me about how I felt and stuff. And here's the curious thing.....I also got quite a lot of attention from men! It was obvious that I was a guy in girl's clothes but somehow when they got drunk they wanted to dance with me?!!?? Weird huh?

Anyway, the preparation for the night (like it was for you) is almost better than being at the party. Having one or more women "dress you up" as you submissively allow it is an awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone

Angel