PDA

View Full Version : How to get started

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 12:58 PM
I need to know how I get started crossdressing since I've never done this before

derminator
05-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Strange question..... you either do cross-dress or you don't..... it's not like you make a conscious thought about it.... me thinks you don't know what you are looking for... or, you do and you are just being sneaky about it

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:16 PM
well its hard when youve never crossdressed before

Rachel_740
05-30-2005, 01:17 PM
You don't say anything about yourself, but basically you just go to a store and buy some clothes (have an idea of what you're going to buy - lingerie, skirt, dress etc. before you go, so that you go to the right department). I used to find that if I convinced myself before I went that I was buying for my GF it was a whole lot easier - a guy looking round girly shops for his GF doesn't attract attention, however self-concious you may feel when you're there.

Alternatively, buy mail order or from an online store.

Anne

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks, but I don't know if I can pretend I'm buying for a girlfriend, espically when I would be lieing about it

derminator
05-30-2005, 01:20 PM

Well... why do you want to cross-dress??????

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Well first off because I like guys and second I feel theres a woman inside of me trying to escape to the surface, so in other words I feel I was suppose to be born female and I also think like one

Julie
05-30-2005, 01:25 PM

Rather than this thread becoming a two way conversation, why don't you do a few forum searches typing in words that you have questions about.

I've read all your previous posts and understand the issues you have at home. Maybe things will become easier when you go to college.

~Julie~

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe. I mean I know a girl who was a guy that is now a girl maybe she could give me some support you know

CharleneCD
05-30-2005, 01:41 PM
For me, having my wife go with me was the key to making this work so well. Yes ask her to take you out shopping. She should have an idea about what you are going through and be more than willing to help.

Just remember that if this feels right to you, do it. There is no reason to feel any shame even though society tells us differently. Trust me if your feelings are correct about a fem side looking to come out, dressing will open up a whole new wonderful world for you. Just in case there is no fem side make sure to buy the silky feeling stuff. You may like dressing just for the feel :D .

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
No I'm pretty sure that I'm doing this for my female side that trying to escape to the surface

Deidra Cowen
05-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Strange question..... you either do cross-dress or you don't..... it's not like you make a conscious thought about it.... me thinks you don't know what you are looking for... or, you do and you are just being sneaky about it

Hey everyone is not like you...widen your perspective. I never crossed dressed till two months ago and neither I nor Womantrapped has to fit your viewpoint on the right way to become a CD.

Womantrapped...google search on the web and read everything you can about transgenderism. Then you get into the technical side of it. You gotta learn makeup, cloths, hair, deportment, etc. Its challedging but its a blast. If you can find someone local to make you up for the first time. A makeover artist specializing in CDs is perfect thats what I did.

I just started dressing two months ago, but I went to a straight resturant for the first time with other girls this weekend. You can do it and I suspect you being 20 or so years younger than me for example you are going to have some nice assets to work with. (i.e. smooth skin, prob much less body hair)

Try it out and have fun. I gotta tell you it feels great to be a woman! even if only part time. Email me if you need anymore help or have questions.

Good luck!

Deidra

deidracowen@yahoo.com

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks that information meant a lot to me :)

derminator
05-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey everyone is not like you...widen your perspective. I never crossed dressed till two months ago and neither I nor Womantrapped has to fit your viewpoint on the right way to become a CD.

Ok... keep ya knickers on - point taken........ i guess i learned something new today......... I humbly apologise for being close-minded

Stlalice
05-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Most of us, wether CD or TS can remember when we were trying to figure out the why, how, when, etc. of our feminine personnas. It's often a lonely journey with much heartbreak and pain - but many rewards too. One book that may help you to sort out your feelings and where your headed is titled "True Selves" by Brown and Rounsley. Most large libraries should have it and most large bookstores should be able to get it. While it is primarily written for people trying to understand the TS side of the spectrum it does an excellent job of defining terms common to being either TS or CD and understanding the differences. One other resource for you to check out - go to www.ifge.org and check out the International Foundation for Gender Education. They are a super source of books and information on the whole transgender spectrum. Good luck and hang in there kid.

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks for that

Mandy Salamander
05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Great advice from Diedra, I also would be willing to assist, and great advice from JulieJ as well, I also beat myself up pretty bad over this as a teen-ager, even to the point of being somewhat self-destructive, but going away to art school opened me up to new experiences, I was able to straighten myself out (well, sort of) and enjoy being who I am. Would also like to suggest seeking out a local TG support group. I, personally have been putting make-up on the same old mug, and dressing the same old scrawny butt for almost 30 yrs now (lets try not to spread that 30 yrs around too much, dear) and would love to find some fresh new material to work with. It's entirely possible that there's another old tart near you that feels the same way. A support group may put you two in touch.

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks Mandy

Deidra Cowen
05-30-2005, 04:24 PM
keep ya knickers on

I'll keep my panties on how bout that? ;) No problem however or need to apologize. I was with a group of 15 girls at one point this weekend...only 2 of us were late starters so I know from talking to girls in person that we late bloomers throw you lifetime girls off sometimes and that we are unusual in the CD community.

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 04:33 PM
uh huh

windycissy
05-30-2005, 04:45 PM
I need to know how I get started crossdressing since I've never done this before

For the practical side, here are some hints I gave on my Internet advice column, Ask Windy Cissy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Once you get your first ensemble together, it's a snap to go shopping as a girl, but getting yourself together for the first time is quite the challenge! It takes a little planning and patience...the hardest acquisitions are your wig, makeup and shoes. So let's have a little fun with it! Wait till a few days before Halloween and then tell the salesperson at the wig store that you need a really good one for a costume party. As for makeup, after you fill your shopping basket at the drugstore with one of everything (foundation, powder, shadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, lipstick) tell the cashier that the airline lost your wife's suitcase! Shoes you can just gut out at Payless - pick out a pair for yourself and lay down your $10. The rest is easy: you can buy lingerie for your "girlfriend" for Valentine's Day, and a dress, stockings and accessories for "her" for Christmas. By this time next year, you'll be able to dress up and shop for yourself in your new things!

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 04:47 PM
i didnt excatly mean next year dressing lol thanks for trying though

axdressa
05-30-2005, 04:48 PM
I dont really know when or why I started to crossdress, all I know is that i havebeen doing it for years now, it was only the other day when my girlfriend and I was visiting my mother and the subject of me dressing came up in a conversation (i cant spell either) well to carry on my mother went on to say that when i was very young she used to dress me in dresses and when i got a little older she used to make my face up with make up ... do you think this is the reason ... dont think so .....but it could have set me off on the right path

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 04:52 PM
thanks

derminator
05-31-2005, 04:21 AM
only 2 of us were late starters so I know from talking to girls in person that we late bloomers throw you lifetime girls off sometimes and that we are unusual in the CD community.

Deidra... there ain't nothing that is unusual in the CD community! :D

crispy
05-31-2005, 04:50 AM
I agree with derminator, unpopular as that might be. :thumbsdn:

I just can't identify with this feeling that I might desire to crossdress if I had never done it. :confused:

I mean, when I started it was just curiosity in childhood, like most of us, and it took a grip on me. Not immediately, but gradually I came to accept that I was not just trying on a pair of panties for the thrill, but I really needed to wear them 24/7. Like smoking I guess. If you have never smoked why would you suddenly decide 'I want to be a smoker'? You might try one and then leave it for a while. Takes time for it to get a hold on you.

If you really feel there is a woman trapped inside you, even before you have started crossdressing, then you must be a very perceptive and mature young person. I'm not sure how such a sincere and fundamental feeling can be satisfied just by buying a few clothes and make-up.

It sounds to me as if you are saying that when you go to college you want to live as a girl. If so you are probably sensible enough to seek counselling and to plot your course in life.

Good luck anyway. :)

womantrapped2005
05-31-2005, 05:12 AM
yeah well i feel like theres a woman so

CharleneCD
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
If you feel like it, let go and run with it. I didnt see my fem side because I didnt want to see her. Yours seems to be telling you I want out. It might make your transition to being a CD alot easier and less of a supprise to yourself. Go for it, do it, you will love the changes it brings out in you. i see many positive changes in myself since I let the inner female out.

womantrapped2005
05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
thanks, thats really good advice :)

Stephenie
05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Knowing how you feel and accepting it is the first step in feeling good about yourself. Which seems like what you've done. You may get to by pass the part about being ashamed, and the hiding it from everyone important to you because of the fear of what they might think. If your going off to school and are going to be making new friends then it may be the best time to start a new chapter in your life. But remeber not everyone will like the book. Though all your new friends will see you for the real you.

womantrapped2005
05-31-2005, 05:33 PM
thanks stephanie

ronni
05-31-2005, 07:17 PM
Um, here's how I did it:
put on a pair of nylons, or pantyhose,
put on a pair of panties,
put on some high heels,
put on a slip or nightie,
you'll begin to see what comes next!

Deanna2
06-01-2005, 03:57 AM
You need to escape.

Put on a bra and knickers and be liberated. If that doesn't work, try a camisole and skirt.

Luvya

Rachel_740
06-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I just can't identify with this feeling that I might desire to crossdress if I had never done it. :confused:

Crispy,

It may have been today, yesterday or 50/60 years ago, but evey one of us has obviously been through our desire to dress for the first time, so we should all know that feeling.

Anne

Tamara Croft
06-01-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm just wondering..... have you always wanted to crossdress and never had the opportunity?? or is this a new thing. You say you feel like you're a woman trapped in a mans body, can I ask how long you have felt this way???

You're not giving away much, so it's kinda hard to give you advice. And it's even harder when you don't really give much feedback to the responses you have already had. 1 word or 1 sentence..... we are trying to help you.... would be nice to see some proper feedback to the help so far.

crispy
06-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I'm just wondering..... have you always wanted to crossdress and never had the opportunity?? or is this a new thing. You say you feel like you're a woman trapped in a mans body, can I ask how long you have felt this way???

You're not giving away much, so it's kinda hard to give you advice. And it's even harder when you don't really give much feedback to the responses you have already had. 1 word or 1 sentence..... we are trying to help you.... would be nice to see some proper feedback to the help so far.
yeah, right on.

............... hmmmmm ? :confused: :rolleyes:

trinity24
06-01-2005, 11:36 PM

The question is a little absurd - it's the same as if I were to ask:

"I need to know how I get started becoming gay, since I've never done this before."

Crossdressing is not something you decide to pick up consciously - it's almost like your first language - you just know it - even though you don't quite remember learning it, and it seems like it's always been with you. If you seriously need to ask a question like this, it most likely means you are not a crossdresser.

Sweet Jeanette
06-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Try a pair of your Mothers, or girlfriends heels or hose on. ---Does it make you feel good?---Does it make you feel horny?---If so, then try some more appearel on!------Simple, isnt it! :rolleyes:

Rachel_740
06-02-2005, 05:24 PM

Hi Womantrapped,

Just a bit of a shove for you here, as Tamara has said (above), people are trying to help you on this forum, giving you advice, making suggestions etc., and the general impression is you're taking the attitude of 'oh, ok' and then not doing anything to try to help yourself.

It would again as Tamara says, be nice for you to give a 'full answer' and to give us some feedback as to any progress you have made today, things you may plan on doing tomorrow or the next few days (and again feedback saying how things went - if they went to plan or if you had problems) and generally give myself and the other girls here the feeling that we are help (or not) you in your quest.

Speaking for myself, I am starting to wonder if you are serious about the feelings you say you have.

Anne

tgirlkari
06-02-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi womantrapped all the girls here really have given you some very good advise but here's mine as well Start by going to your nearest Victoria's Secret store as early as you can and if you are honest with the girls in the store they will be great help, once you have your foundation it's on to J C Penny Then Gantos so on and so on
Good luck Girl and have fun

trinity24
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
You may also want to look into the following book:

Rachel_740
06-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Trinity,

There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't

I like it! :)

Anne

Mia lynn
06-03-2005, 03:57 AM
It took me a long time to accept my femme but now I'm so much happier. Being a girl is what I was meant to be. The clothes and makeup help but deep down I've always been a girl. My femme feelings make me feel much more complete as a person. Any way dears bye for now.
Mia Lynn

crispy
06-03-2005, 04:51 AM
You may also want to look into the following book:
LUVVIT .. !! :D :rolleyes:

crispy
06-03-2005, 04:54 AM
Hey, trinity that's a rotten trick. :(

I tried to find it on Amazon and they said you had bought the very last copy but were willing to sell it back for $1000. And they said they couldn't vouch for its condition but it had probably been stained with lipstick and certain other sticky substances that should remain nameless. :rolleyes: